2021-2022 New York Med

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone give me an idea of what interview day is like here? Going to be my first med school interview ever, excited but have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
 
Can anyone give me an idea of what interview day is like here? Going to be my first med school interview ever, excited but have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
Congrats on your interview! In my opinion, the interview day here was very organized and professional. The day starts with info session, q&a, diversity talk, and financial aid talk. Then you get a a q&a with a current student and a short break. Group A has their mmi while group B is on a long break (I walked my dog and ate lunch). Group A is done with the day after their mmi and then group B logs back in to do their mmi. Mmi was on an mmi specific platform. You can see the prompt the whole time and are asked not to take notes. All directions were very clear and admin and interviewers were all kind. Hope this helps without giving away any specifics. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed early December. Got The WL.

Got into another program I’d prefer to go to so I’m declining it! GL y’all!
 
Since they normally send out on Tuesday, do we think more people are hearing tomorrow? Wondering if they will catch up with all December interviews
 
I interviewed on 11/2, got WL on 12/7, and received an acceptance yesterday on 12/28!!!
I did not expect to get off the WL so soon so I wanted to share with everyone in case other people are on the WL and wondering when they might come off! My stats are 515 and 4.0 so to be honest I was very surprised to be put on the WL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im reading on sdn as to what sort of questions to expect. im seeing lots of application speciifc questions. I am confused. i thought MMI was closed file and they just ask you the same questions they ask everyone. were they not always MMI?
 
im reading on sdn as to what sort of questions to expect. im seeing lots of application speciifc questions. I am confused. i thought MMI was closed file and they just ask you the same questions they ask everyone. were they not always MMI?

Correct. Some of the interview responses are from 2012
 
im reading on sdn as to what sort of questions to expect. im seeing lots of application speciifc questions. I am confused. i thought MMI was closed file and they just ask you the same questions they ask everyone. were they not always MMI?
From what I gathered there seems to be one interview that’s more traditional in nature. That interviewer may have read your file and will ask you more application specific question