2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As of 02/23, yep, the class was full and all seats were offered at that time. “You may only receive WL offer at this time”. Trying to hold faith on that italics lol who knows. A lot can happen in a month, hoping for some movement and room for all of us!
I’m also hoping for movement. WL is hell in itself - a purgatory of “what if.”

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How does the WL work? Do they give you an assigned number? Or just tell you you’re on the WL?
From what I've seen from previous years is that you will be assigned either top 10, 20, or top 30 (I don't think they give you a specific number...unless everyone didn't mention theirs) orrr just "waitlist" for those who did not rank.

They should start sending offers to the waitlisted according to their rank. Once they get through one chunck of students they will move the ranklist along (top 20 becomes top 10 and so on).

This is all according to what I've seen from the previous years sdn posts, I've seen people get offers as late as jun

How does the purgatory work? Do they give you an assigned number? Or just tell you you’re on the purgatory?
They will be ranking everyone in purgatory sometime in May. From what I understand, the top 30 will be notified at that time, but I'm sure you can call and ask about your placement on the list.

Reactions: 1 user
They will be ranking everyone in purgatory sometime in May. From what I understand, the top 30 will be notified at that time, but I'm sure you can call and ask about your placement on the list.
On the flip side, I kind of wonder how ranking is determined - numbers, scores, their own seemingly random criteria?!

On the flip side, I kind of wonder how ranking is determined - numbers, scores, their own seemingly random criteria?!
It will be a combination of factors, none of them random: scores, grades, extracurriculars, clinical experience, LORs, and notes from your interviewer(s).

It will be a combination of factors, none of them random: scores, grades, extracurriculars, clinical experience, LORs, and notes from your interviewer(s).

Oh! Okay.

Man...I’m concerned over my placement. My interview didn’t go horribly, but I didn’t feel that it went sterling. It was tense, in my opinion.

Where all my refresh button peeps at.
Thank goodness I’m at work or else I’d be right there with ya 🤣 will probably just wait for the email to come through.. or a phone call would be nice too. LOL here’s to hoping!

Thank goodness I’m at work or else I’d be right there with ya 🤣 will probably just wait for the email to come through.. or a phone call would be nice too. LOL here’s to hoping!
Looolll a phone call would be Ah-mazing but I just assume that's not a possibility so I'll settle for a WL email.

Earlier is better though, yeah I'm talking to you PNWU 👀

I'm so bummed out when I look at the facebook group and see that there's 177 people in it. RIP

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so bummed out when I look at the facebook group and see that there's 177 people in it. RIP
theres porb alot of current students in there that arent listed on admin so don't overanalyze that number too much

Decisions are out on the portal y’all..

Denied post-interview :/ goodluck to those still in the running!

• Care
Waitlisted. Interviewed 3/18. Anyone know how this waitlist process works? Sorry if this question was already answered before

Woah, I made the WL. Guess we wait til May to figure out where we stand now.

Waitlisted. Interviewed 3/18. Anyone know how this waitlist process works? Sorry if this question was already answered before
Everyone who has been waitlisted since October will be ranked in mid to late May. They will start accepting people off the waitlist in order of ranking as spots open up in June and July. Historically speaking, your best bet is if you make the top 30.

Reactions: 2 users
There's still another interview round left too for April 8th before they can start ranking. I imagine that they lose people from the roster before May though, do they just leave those seats empty until they rank? There should be some movement across the board when MD applicants have to narrow their acceptances on April 15th and April 30th which causes other applicants to come off MD waitlists.

Last edited:
Interviewed 3/25. Waitlisted today, 4/6, at 9am PST. I’m pretty sure that’s best-case, so here’s to hoping I make the rankings come May!

Interviewed 3/25. Waitlisted today, 4/6, at 9am PST. I’m pretty sure that’s best-case, so here’s to hoping I make the rankings come May!
Yee same boat as you, just heard from them via email

Same here! We'll see what happens! Hoping for best for all us waitlisters

Looks like they’re doing some sort of additional Zoom session for those still in the running for the school?

Reactions: 4 users
Looks like they’re doing some sort of additional Zoom session for those still in the running for the school?
Yeah it's for everyone, accepted, waitlisted, interviewed, whatever. 5 hours of interviewing & interminable Q&A sessions was enough for me personally, checking out til there's more definitive news for the WL.

Yeah it's for everyone, accepted, waitlisted, interviewed, whatever. 5 hours of interviewing & interminable Q&A sessions was enough for me personally, checking out til there's more definitive news for the WL.
I’m wondering about the WL as well.

I kinda hope that I get pulled prior to the ranking, but I’m not counting my chances.

I don’t think they even do that, do they?
Don’t think so, I wish tho. Get that ball rolling & get it over with. They have another round of interviews today so I guess they’re waiting for WL/R decisions to be made for that interviewee cohort before ranking.

While I wish I was still having interviews, I get a little sad about all these late cohorts going on - simply because it’s expanding that WL pool which makes my chances diminish 🥺

While I wish I was still having interviews, I get a little sad about all these late cohorts going on - simply because it’s expanding that WL pool which makes my chances diminish 🥺
Yup. But I interviewed late too so I can’t be too bummed I guess.

Yeah, it seems like it is for pretty much everyone though. I’m going to try to make it. I was accepted and I have some more specific questions in terms of how the clinical sites are set up. Like if I choose Bellevue, is it strictly in Bellevue or can I do the bulk of it in say Everett where my husband will be? I’m just using it as a way to ask the questions I didn’t feel like probing about in the interview.

Has waitlist movement happened yet for candidates...or is everything frozen till May?

Also, should the school be considered a R if you’re not Top 30 for their WL?

Has waitlist movement happened yet for candidates...or is everything frozen till May?

Also, should the school be considered a R if you’re not Top 30 for their WL?
I believe that no movement happens at all until ranking. And the odds of acceptance if not in the top 30 are not zero, but low (from past years) Personally, I am taking it as a R if not ranked top 30 and moving on

Does anyone know when the orientation is this year? The website says week of august 9th right?

Does anyone know when the orientation is this year? The website says week of august 9th right?
Yeah. I think they typically start orientation the second week of august. I’ll be interested to see how they do it this year, as in online or in person. I would love it to be in person, doing a weeks worth of Intro vids and work shops over zoom isn’t my idea of a great time. Lol

I’m just happy our labs and stuff will be in person though. I’m so ready to be physically back on a campus and interacting with people.

I believe that no movement happens at all until ranking. And the odds of acceptance if not in the top 30 are not zero, but low (from past years) Personally, I am taking it as a R if not ranked top 30 and moving on
Same... I feel like if they don't rank me after sending in updates, new LOR, and LOI I'm probably not getting in. Anyone going to the second look tomorrow?

Geez. That does scare me because my record isn’t the strongest.

Oh well...

Geez. That does scare me because my record isn’t the strongest.

Oh well...
Don't give up hope! This year might be different because of COVID. I'm willing to bet people attended way more interviews and are holding on to multiple acceptances because of the nature of the interviews this year. I think anything could happen at this point! And honestly PNW does seem to take a more holistic approach compared to other schools I've applied to

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if adcoms are still meeting to determine where people get placed on the waitlist...

...or if they already made their decisions.

Anyone have any idea when we can expect to have our drug test?

Anyone have any idea when we can expect to have our drug test?
I'm a second year and still haven't done one yet - but I also sent my work file for vaccination verifications and they had required me to complete a drug test about a month previously that showed up in the file. As far as I know though, no one in my class has taken one yet - though I'm sure it's definitely going to be a thing come rotations.

Anybody else get an email ranking them then the correction email?

Looking forward to tomorrow, I guess! Good luck everyone!

Anybody else get an email ranking them then the correction email?

Looking forward to tomorrow, I guess! Good luck everyone!
Same here. They said top ten, then sorry wait until tomorrow.

Seems like those who didn’t receive the email (me included) didn’t make it to top 10 and will be rejected tomorrow 🥺