2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A - good luck everyone <3

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R. Interviewed 2/24. Good luck guys!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got my post-II WL. i can't focus on my work anymore.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/18 and have yet to hear back for a decision. I checked the CYMS tool and it shows I got placed on AL. For anyone still waiting to hear back, try checking CYMS. Mine was updated 5 days ago

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone DM me the link to the GroupMe for accepted students? Would highly appreciate it, thanks!

got in off the waitlist just now!! received an email telling me to call if i was interested in a seat

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love how stony brook never even told me I was waitlisted until I checked CYMS last week and I noticed I had gotten waitlisted 5 days previously 😅

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else not heard a thing yet? I interviewed in February and I haven't received any kind of news from Stony baloney yet. I have an A in a DO program, but no MDs so far so I don't have any access to the choose your medical school tool. Pray for me that something gives, folks. Still feel privileged to have that osteopathic A though.

I interviewed in November (for MD/PhD though I also did a MD interview the same week) and have not gotten an official decision. Each time I've asked they said I'm still under consideration, so I assume that means I'm on the WL.
But I guess we'll see.

I interviewed in November (for MD/PhD though I also did a MD interview the same week) and have not gotten an official decision. Each time I've asked they said I'm still under consideration, so I assume that means I'm on the WL.
But I guess we'll see.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in this. Best of luck to you!

Got off the waitlist! Could someone send me the link to the accepted students groupme? Thank you!

Just got my acceptance. They emailed me to call them. I am crying

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
How long was everyone's letter of intent? Will probably be writing one to boost my odds of getting off the WL, but would like to know what kind of length they prefer.

How long was everyone's letter of intent? Will probably be writing one to boost my odds of getting off the WL, but would like to know what kind of length they prefer.
Mine was one-page single spaced for LOI. I think it should not go over one page.

Mine was also one page, that seemed like the standard most people were using.

got off the WL on monday, can someone dm the link to the groupme?

Just got off regular WL. Withdrew

Last edited:
Just got off the waitlist :) can someone send me the link to the Group Me?

Is there an admitted students facebook group or someplace to potentially find roommates?

Will someone please send me the GroupMe link for accepted students?

Does anyone know when all final decisions will be released? December WL here (my top choice) and p much lost all hope ://

Just off the waitlist. Could someone PM me the groupme?

Just off the waitlist! Can someone tell me if there is a group I can join or is there a current student I can speak to?