2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else have issues accessing the choose your med school tool? The tool appears for me but I’m getting an error clicking on it
yeah, mine has an error message come up and then it says I don't have any acceptances, which is not true

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, mine has an error message come up and then it says I don't have any acceptances, which is not true
Alright cool. Guess they're just having technical issues or too many people are trying to access the tool and it kinda broke

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I got a response saying to expect an email with additional information in the near future. So, they are planning something I think!

Update: I got a response saying to expect an email with additional information in the near future. So, they are planning something I think!
Awesome thanks for the update! Hopefully it’ll be in person this year

Does anyone know if they accepts Letters of Continued Interest/LOIs?

The Stony Brook name and shame post in r/medicalschool is pretty concerning considering how many grads match back to SBU

Reactions: 2 users
Spoke to an M4 friend of mine and maybe the perspective is diff since they're a student but they've had good experiences at stony in general. Besides stony matches into competitive places so if you don't want to stay, I'm sure you'd be competitive to match into other hospitals

Has anyone heard anything since getting the 3 year MD email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Just wondering, how long has stony brook's post-interview turn-around been recently?

Is the information session formal or casual (aka would I need to dress up)?

It's been almost 8 weeks since my interview and I haven't heard back... is that a bad sign? :/

Has anyone heard of a facebook or groupme being made for class of 2026? Either made by students or the school? I know the school should be making a page closer to orientation.

I asked them earlier and they said we should expect it by early/mid-April, but definitely before deadlines
They also suggested sending email to financial aid office that asks for approximate of financial aid
Would you be able to DM me a link, current AMSNY student at stony and will be in the class next year 👍🏽