You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was the only person that day in the zoom meeting before the interview started lolOn interview day, is there an opportunity to talk with other interviewers before the actual interview start (i.e., a break room). This really helps me loosen up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do you mean?Stat
Stat and complete datewhat do you mean?
I withdrew my A this morning! Good luck to you all 🙂
cGPA: 3.53Stat and complete date
sGPA: 3.61
MCAT: 513
Complete October 1
LoveCoffee
Full Member
Not other interviewees on my day but there was a guy from the admissions office who talked me through everything, he was really nice and our short convo similarly helped me loosen up. Hope that helpsOn interview day, is there an opportunity to talk with other interviewers before the actual interview start (i.e., a break room). This really helps me loosen up.
Congrats! Can I know stats?!??I'm interviewing tomorrow, a bit nervous but excited too! When do they send you the writing assignment? My interview is at 2pm so I don't want to rush to submit it by 4pm in the case that the interview goes over 1 hour.
Thank you!Congrats! Can I know stats?!??
cGPA 3.51
sGPA 3.35
MCAT 515
Madi.pinge
Full Member
I withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone!
LoveCoffee
Full Member
They sent it at like 6am. The instructions say to submit it after your interview but I asked and you can submit it before if you have an afternoon interview. Good luck!I'm interviewing tomorrow, a bit nervous but excited too! When do they send you the writing assignment? My interview is at 2pm so I don't want to rush to submit it by 4pm in the case that the interview goes over 1 hour.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oat_milk_latte
New Member
should we be submitting updates to our portal or the admissions email?
“Submit additional information only at the request of the Admissions Committee or if you have already been interviewed. All information should be uploaded via the Document Upload feature in the Admissions Portal.”
Frequently Asked Questions | Admissions | College of Medicine | SUNY Downstate
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading urban medical centers, serving the people of Brooklyn since 1860.
traveler15
Full Member
I thought they were tonight, but haven’t heard anything.Are alternate decisions supposed to come out right now?
Congrats!!! interview date?Got the A today!
med2b3
Full Member
Thank you!!! April 7thCongrats!!! interview date?
WOW that was super early! Congrats!! Can I ask what ur LM was?Thank you!!! April 7th
med2b3
Full Member
Honestly lol I’ve never calculated that, my stats are 3.7 GPA & 515 MCAT, URM & NYC nativeWOW that was super early! Congrats!! Can I ask what ur LM was?
That's amazing honestly. Good job lol and congrats to downstate. Ur gonna have a blast for sure there loolHonestly lol I’ve never calculated that, my stats are 3.7 GPA & 515 MCAT, URM & NYC native
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Congratulations!!!!Got the A today!
applicant117
Full Member
Waitlisted Td! Interviewed in like Jan I think lol
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Just got put on the AL.... Interviewed in Jan.
Waitlist! Seems to be a positive thing so I will take it!
candyman1997
Full Member
+1Waitlist! Seems to be a positive thing so I will take it!
visionofdivision
Full Member
waitlisted, interviewed early feb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL 4/22 at 11:10 AM EST. II on 11/8
applicant117
Full Member
Technically yeah, but WL movement is driven by people withdrawing acceptances. People with multiople acceptances have to narrow down as time goes on, which drives WL movement 🙂AL just now, I guess the class is full?
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Wow just got waitlisted here. Thought it would be a rejection by now. Interviewed back in 2021 and will be withdrawing. The wait here for a decision made the school drop off my list
bluebunny13!
Full Member
AL just now interviewed September
AL as well
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Not sure how the class could already be full when people haven't had to commit yet...?
applicant117
Full Member
They have sent enough acceptances to fill their class, but people will inevitably drop + shift around. that's what drives WL movement. Someone holding 4 acceptances right now has no mandate to drop until May 2nd. That date, when people have to narrow down to 1, is what drives WL movement. This is in line with what we've seen -> massive WL wave right before the deadline, then WL movement when they wrap their heads around actual yieldNot sure how the class could already be full when people haven't had to commit yet...?
snakemuffin
Full Member
I got AL. I am a bit confused thought. Are AL and WL literally the same thing or is there a distinction?
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Appreciate your response! 🙂 I just found the sentence quite discouraging but realize there will be a lot of movement after people have to narrow down to 1 schoolThey have sent enough acceptances to fill their class, but people will inevitably drop + shift around. that's what drives WL movement. Someone holding 4 acceptances right now has no mandate to drop until May 2nd. That date, when people have to narrow down to 1, is what drives WL movement. This is in line with what we've seen -> massive WL wave right before the deadline, then WL movement when they wrap their heads around actual yield
applicant117
Full Member
Yep, obv you aren't in till ur in and never assume anything, but given that they interview nearly 900 applicants for 250 seats, I can imagine that there's a good amount of movement.Appreciate your response! 🙂 I just found the sentence quite discouraging but realize there will be a lot of movement after people have to narrow down to 1 school
applicant117
Full Member
Same thing different nameI got AL. I am a bit confused thought. Are AL and WL literally the same thing or is there a distinction?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SternSpoon
New Member
AL a few minutes ago, interviewed in February
+1 alternate list! interviewed february