-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
not sure if this helps but ive been ghosted since being complete early sept. and i see the same thing there. No interview or anything (yet). I don't think this signifies anything.@zefla12
My hypothesis is that if more than 2-3 out of the people I've tagged don't have the exact same screen as ours, this screen might be predictive of something, but because Downstate isn't great at giving hints, take this with a few tons of salt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
@Beatles08 That's why I said take it with a few tons of salt. Btw, what does your screen say when you click on it?
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Just to be clear, you have the exact same screen as mine? as in relinquish seat from class of 2020 and not a generic withdraw application from consideration?not sure if this helps but ive been ghosted since being complete early sept. and i see the same thing there. No interview or anything (yet). I don't think this signifies anything.
yes when i said it was the same, it is the exact same. including the relinquishing of the seat from class of 2020. I get being stressed and checking for any signs but hopefully everyone waiting hears some good news soon.Just to be clear, you have the exact same screen as mine? as in relinquish seat from class of 2020 and not a generic withdraw application from consideration?
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Guess we have our answer here: the screen means absolutely nothing, but easier said than done if the interview was conducted at the very beginning of the interview cycle and we hear zilch from them.yes when i said it was the same, it is the exact same. including the relinquishing of the seat from class of 2020. I get being stressed and checking for any signs but hopefully everyone waiting hears some good news soon.
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Well, they do control the portal and put in admissions decisions, so it's a reasonable assumption to make that the portal might offer hints or there's more than we can see. We also know Downstate is a bit sloppy with their emails (ie saying we had to do VITA, even though it's been dead for a while), so it's possible that the portal might display info that we're not supposed to see. Why are we even seeing withdrawing a seat for the 2020 class when they haven't even released decisions? Yes, it might be because of a system glitch (I hope this is true so I don't get my hopes up), but it's also possible that they meant to say 2022 entering class, hence my hypothesis that this withdrawal message might predict whether we are admitted or not.No reason for the portal to know any more than we know or offer any hints. On their end it's probably a checkbox for whether we are accepted or not and that will happen at the same time they send out the emails.
Last edited:
We'll find out soon enough!Well, they do control the portal and put in admissions decisions, so it's a reasonable assumption to make that the portal might offer hints or there's more than we can see. We also know Downstate is a bit sloppy with their emails (ie saying we had to do VITA, even though it's been dead for a while), so it's possible that the portal might display info that we're not supposed to see. Why are we even seeing withdrawing a seat for the 2020 class when they haven't even released decisions? Yes, it might be because of a system glitch (I hope this is true so I don't get my hopes up), but it's also possible that they meant to say 2022 entering class, hence my hypothesis that this withdrawal message might predict whether we are admitted or not.
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Lol same my interview was roughly 2 hoursI think it varies depending on how chatty interviewer is...I interviewed pretty early on and my interview went on for almost 3 hours LOL
curious if we had the same person...i honestly quite enjoyed the conversation!!Lol same my interview was roughly 2 hours
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Yes it was good conversation my interviewer I think is just a slow talker and I also talk a lot. We both lost track of time and I was like I have to submit this assignment thingcurious if we had the same person...i honestly quite enjoyed the conversation!!
SunscreenPacker
New Member
II today, will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!
beepbeep197
Full Member
Thinking about how SUNY Downstate asked us if we're still interested in being interviewed and proceeded to not invite us to interview 😭 why did you ASK then
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today, IS, scheduled for mid-march
premed11801
Full Member
Are they are starting to release decisions tomorrow?
D
deleted1129200
They said they would start releasing during “love week” lol so if not tomorrow then some time this weekAre they are starting to release decisions tomorrow?
candyman1997
Full Member
any idea what time decisions have been released in the past? waiting anxiously
D
deleted1111654
Anyone have like 5 other people invited to your interview call?
First A last year was on Feb 16th.any idea what time decisions have been released in the past? waiting anxiously
capybarANON
Full Member
Not sure when you heard this, but at the January info session they said decisions probably not until the 21st.They said they would start releasing during “love week” lol so if not tomorrow then some time this week
Icecream11
Full Member
I heard this as wellThey said they would start releasing during “love week” lol so if not tomorrow then some time this week
applicant117
Full Member
yes, It's one on one but I think that the admin staff organizes itAnyone have like 5 other people invited to your interview call?
premed11801
Full Member
In the student chat in February, they said they would begin to release on Feb 14th
Were they by phone or email?According to last year's thread decisions were released around 8pm EST... so there's still time for today to be the day![]()
email from what I read!Were they by phone or email?
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Thought this might be helpful. Only 300 acceptances total will be released for now. Then basically unless you bombed the interview, on the waitlist you go.
Also, this means if you are a late interview, consider this official confirmation that you are interviewing for the waitlist.
Also, this means if you are a late interview, consider this official confirmation that you are interviewing for the waitlist.
Attachments
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
i didnt get that email 🙁Don't think so, since some of us received a "confirmation of interview interest" email the other week and it doesn't seem like they've issued any of us an II. That being said, they'll start sending out decisions next week so we'll know soon enough where we stand!
im assuming only people they plan on accepting got those emails. this was my last school. all R's so far
applicant117
Full Member
im confused- previous thread seemed to say "it doesn't seem like they've issued any of us an II", but you think those same people are getting accepted?i didnt get that email 🙁
im assuming only people they plan on accepting got those emails. this was my last school. all R's so far
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
oh i see, this is confusing. well hopefully im reading too deep into it and those emails were randomim confused- previous thread seemed to say "it doesn't seem like they've issued any of us an II", but you think those same people are getting accepted?
Can you cite where in this document you gathered this information on 300 acceptances being released tomorrow?Thought this might be helpful. Only 300 acceptances total will be released for now. Then basically unless you bombed the interview, on the waitlist you go.
Also, this means if you are a late interview, consider this official confirmation that you are interviewing for the waitlist.
The text under the header "Acceptance Procedures" states: "Candidates attaining a score of “acceptance” by the Admissions Committee will receive an accept [sic] letter starting February 15. Acceptances will be offered on a weekly basis until the class is filled."
This makes no specific mention of those interviewing late in the season. Given that they are stating that they send out acceptances weekly, I think we can reasonably conclude that there may be brief interview-to-acceptance waits for some of the later interviewees.
Edit: You didn't say 300 acceptances tomorrow; apologies for misreading. However, the question still remains as to whether or not late interviewees will be interviewing for the waitlist.
I interviewed recently and agree that this is disheartening. After reviewing that document, the conclusion I drew was not the same as the one made by @downstateplztakeme . I am hesitant to take this "official confirmation" that I interviewed for a waitlist spot. But I am open to changing my mind (however, reluctantly).If it’s true it’s very disheartening…interviewing here soon and now I’m like,,,for what? I know I’ll just be given a WL.
That's just what they said during the Feb student chatCan you cite where in this document you gathered this information on 300 acceptances being released tomorrow?
The text under the header "Acceptance Procedures" states: "Candidates attaining a score of “acceptance” by the Admissions Committee will receive an accept [sic] letter starting February 15. Acceptances will be offered on a weekly basis until the class is filled."
This makes no specific mention of those interviewing late in the season. Given that they are stating that they send out acceptances weekly, I think we can reasonably conclude that there may be brief interview-to-acceptance waits for some of the later interviewees.
Edit: You didn't say 300 acceptances tomorrow; apologies for misreading. However, the question still remains as to whether or not late interviewees will be interviewing for the waitlist.
I see. Thanks for sharing!That's just what they said during the Feb student chat
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
@savageb125 , well they almost certainly must have finished 500+ interviews at this point. Unless if more than 20% of interviews were disastrous, it's quite likely they already have enough people that they can accept.
On top of that it's somewhat common knowledge that schools can and do interview for the waitlist. The real question is if Downstate is one of those schools.
On top of that it's somewhat common knowledge that schools can and do interview for the waitlist. The real question is if Downstate is one of those schools.
I bet a’s will start going out today bc that was from last years season meaning last year was feb 15 which I bet means this year is feb 14 (both Mondays)
beepbeep197
Full Member
I'm so invested in this even though I have no II... I hope y'all get good news tonight or tomorrow!!!
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
thanks man, really appreciate it! i hope you get in somewhere as wellI'm so invested in this even though I have no II... I hope y'all get good news tonight or tomorrow!!!
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
The wait is killing me now like please just come through downstate and make my life easier.
D
deleted1129200
So nervous I feel like pooping my pants and dying
D
deleted1111654
omg which firstSo nervous I feel like pooping my pants and dying
D
deleted1129200
Pooping first so I can die with dignityomg which first
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
Thank you! I am very fortunate to have a couple of As, I am just really excited about this school and would love to interview hehethanks man, really appreciate it! i hope you get in somewhere as well
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
hopefully were left feeling like champs tmrwelp... see y'all tomorrow
![]()
I'd like to speak with Mr. Downstate himself...where are our decisions?!
welcome back fellas 😛
