PinkySquawks
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! What dates are available?II just now!! complete 7/16
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! What dates are available?II just now!! complete 7/16
first two weeks of February were available when I scheduled🙂Congrats! What dates are available?
Hey,Does anyone know how long we should wait to hear from the student interviewer post interview before reaching out to admissions?
Prob around mid Feb like last yearDoes anyone know what date they start sending Acceptances this year?
Congrats. Stats?II just now
Congrats man.LM 70, IS, URM
Thank you! hoping good news comes to you soon as wellCongrats man.
Just got an email asking me if I am still interested in being considered for SUNY Downstate (haven't received II). They only gave me instructions for withdrawing, not expressing interest. For some reason, I deleted my link to the secondary portal. Can anyone please share the link to the portal so I can check it? Thanks so much!
That’s so strange? I’ve never heard of something like that.Just got an email asking me if I am still interested in being considered for SUNY Downstate (haven't received II). They only gave me instructions for withdrawing, not expressing interest. For some reason, I deleted my link to the secondary portal. Can anyone please share the link to the portal so I can check it? Thanks so much!
+1Just got an email asking me if I am still interested in being considered for SUNY Downstate (haven't received II). They only gave me instructions for withdrawing, not expressing interest. For some reason, I deleted my link to the secondary portal. Can anyone please share the link to the portal so I can check it? Thanks so much!
I think they just don't want to go through the rest of the apps lmao so if we weed ourselves out we're doing them a favor. Can't blame them!What was the point of that email
I am aware of how to withdraw an application
no clue. they told us to email the generic med admissions email to withdraw, so I'm scared of replying and them taking it as a withdrawal hahaI got the email today too. Anyone know if this is something we should respond to? Or is simply ~not withdrawing~ good enough?
Yeahh I feel you lol. I also considered sending an update letter to make it more obvious but the email we got after submitting secondary clearly says not to submit any additional materials unless asked, so that's probably not the best idea either lmaoono clue. they told us to email the generic med admissions email to withdraw, so I'm scared of replying and them taking it as a withdrawal haha
I sent a pre II update, I emailed them and they said: "Yes, update letters are accepted. All letters can be uploaded to the document upload section within your application portal as a PDF document."Yeahh I feel you lol. I also considered sending an update letter to make it more obvious but the email we got after submitting secondary clearly says not to submit any additional materials unless asked, so that's probably not the best idea either lmaoo
Edit: I see people earlier in the forum sent pre-II updates, so I could totally be wrong
Wait are you serious? Their website is so explicit in saying that they do NOT accept updates.I sent a pre II update, I emailed them and they said: "Yes, update letters are accepted. All letters can be uploaded to the document upload section within your application portal as a PDF document."
thanks for sharing!!!I sent a pre II update, I emailed them and they said: "Yes, update letters are accepted. All letters can be uploaded to the document upload section within your application portal as a PDF document."
really?? That is so strange...Wait are you serious? Their website is so explicit in saying that they do NOT accept updates.
Yup completely serious, they are good at emailing back from my experience so you could ask them yourself too! I saw the message on their website too but emailed ([email protected]) just in case bc I'm getting desperate lol... I asked on a Sunday in December and got an email back <24hrsWait are you serious? Their website is so explicit in saying that they do NOT accept updates.
Thanks sm for sharing! My favorite thing about this is that the email is called "requesting confirmation of interview interest" when they could just invite us to interview and we could accept or decline...Yup completely serious, they are good at emailing back from my experience so you could ask them yourself too! I saw the message on their website too but emailed ([email protected]) just in case bc I'm getting desperate lol... I asked on a Sunday in December and got an email back <24hrs
I guess they're playing hard to get and want us to make the first move 👀😏Thanks sm for sharing! My favorite thing about this is that the email is called "requesting confirmation of interview interest" when they could just invite us to interview and we could accept or decline...
Congrats!!! I don't suppose you got the bizarre email some of us received yesterday.II just now! (IS, LM 74, Complete early October - Email title "Interview Invited")
Congrats on the II! Did you receive any email about withdrawing your app or indicating that you are no longer interested in the school prior to receiving the II?II just now! (IS, LM 74, Complete early October - Email title "Interview Invited")
I had received an portal request in December for Fall transcripts but nothing else. I did not get the II interest email like some others hereCongrats on the II! Did you receive any email about withdrawing your app or indicating that you are no longer interested in the school prior to receiving the II?
Yep. R from upstate and silence hereThis has been a bizarre cycle for me, not much love from the SUNYs despite being in-state. Anyone in the same boat?
This has been a bizarre cycle for me, not much love from the SUNYs despite being in-state. Anyone in the same boat?
Rs from upstate, stony brook, hofstra, Rochester, silence from Buffalo, einstein, sinai (I work here), II from downstate, II from albany,Yep. R from upstate and silence here
R from Stony and Buffalo. Silence from Upstate. Downstate was the only SUNY that offered me an interview and its prob cause I live 30 min away lolThis has been a bizarre cycle for me, not much love from the SUNYs despite being in-state. Anyone in the same boat?
Same here except I don't live close to Downstate.R from Stony and Buffalo. Silence from Upstate. Downstate was the only SUNY that offered me an interview and its prob cause I live 30 min away lol
R from hoftra, silence from stony brook / downstate / albert einstein/ albany / buffalo, hold from upstate. Absolutely baffledThis has been a bizarre cycle for me, not much love from the SUNYs despite being in-state. Anyone in the same boat?
II from US & DS, silence from buff, albany stony brook...R from hoftra, silence from stony brook / downstate / albert einstein/ albany / buffalo, hold from upstate. Absolutely baffled
Einstein is KILLING ME... give me that II rn plzR from hoftra, silence from stony brook / downstate / albert einstein/ albany / buffalo, hold from upstate. Absolutely baffled
R from Buffalo as well, but no II from SUNY despite also living right next to the school. II from Albany way back in September thoughR from Stony and Buffalo. Silence from Upstate. Downstate was the only SUNY that offered me an interview and its prob cause I live 30 min away lol
Fingers crossed they will give you an II!!A from stony brook but silence from this school. Bizarre considering ive been a brooklynite for most of my life and this school also asked me at least 6 items on my app checklist (including fall grades) throughout the cycle. Lmao
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.