2021-2022 Texas A&M

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got secondaries from other TMDSAS schools but not Texas A&M. Do they not send secondaries out to everybody???
You can access the secondary through their supplementary application website. I just googled Texas A&M supplementary application and it was one of the first links. They don't send them out via emails.
 
I got secondaries from other TMDSAS schools but not Texas A&M. Do they not send secondaries out to everybody???
Texas A&M is the only TMDSAS school that does not directly email you a secondary invitation. You have to go on their site, create an account, and start the secondary yourself.
 
Yes, EnMed is the only school I'm applying to. I'll definitely email them and update here when the reply.
I am unsure you can apply only to Enmed. You start your secondary and have to choose it as something you want to apply to and write more essays but it is not a direct choice, i.e., it is not one where you say i am not applying to the regular medical school and i only want enmed.
 
I am unsure you can apply only to Enmed. You start your secondary and have to choose it as something you want to apply to and write more essays but it is not a direct choice, i.e., it is not one where you say i am not applying to the regular medical school and i only want enmed.
EnMed does allow people to apply using AMCAS. They need to select TAMU and dual-degree.
How to Apply to EnMed
 
Do I need to disclose a traffic ticket that I received but was dropped during COVID on my secondary application?
I raised this issue earlier in the thread. Please refer to the handbook reference on traffic tickets
Do I need to disclose a traffic ticket that I received but was dropped during COVID on my secondary application?
 
EnMed does allow people to apply using AMCAS. They need to select TAMU and dual-degree.
How to Apply to EnMed
This is what I did, by the way this is what they said about MCAT for AMCAS:

Required documents are retrieved through your primary application source once they have been received, reviewed and verified. Applicants are required to indicate their primary application source ID on the secondary application and indicate that scores can be released to Texas A&M University College of Medicine.
 
This is what I did, by the way this is what they said about MCAT for AMCAS:

Required documents are retrieved through your primary application source once they have been received, reviewed and verified. Applicants are required to indicate their primary application source ID on the secondary application and indicate that scores can be released to Texas A&M University College of Medicine.
Thanks for coming back to share what you learned.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I raised this issue earlier in the thread. Please refer to the handbook reference on traffic tickets

I marked no on my primary, but A&M's secondary specifically says to mark yes to ANY misdemeanor without distinction, so I am still unsure.
 
For some reason I read are you a TMDSAS reapplicant as just TMDSAS applicant and I clicked yes 😭 Should I email admissions about this mistake
 
"Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (3500 character maximum)"

Are y'all answering this prompt with a list of activities with a description, almost like the activities section. Or, is better to use a paragraph, essay format?
 
"Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (3500 character maximum)"

Are y'all answering this prompt with a list of activities with a description, almost like the activities section. Or, is better to use a paragraph, essay format?
I'm using my diversity / cultural sensitivity essay I used for other schools.
 
For the hardship prompt (prompt #3), would it be acceptable to talk about my bad grades during freshman year? I basically didn't care about school back then so this essay would outline how I changed my study habits to become more successful in school. Another option is to write about how I tried out for a dance team and was rejected the first time, so I practiced a lot and tried out a few months later to make the team. Which one do you guys think would be a better option? I 'm not disadvantaged, didn't have any crazy family medical concerns, and was fortunate enough to not have COVID affect my summer plans by that much.
 
For the hardship prompt (prompt #3), would it be acceptable to talk about my bad grades during freshman year? I basically didn't care about school back then so this essay would outline how I changed my study habits to become more successful in school. Another option is to write about how I tried out for a dance team and was rejected the first time, so I practiced a lot and tried out a few months later to make the team. Which one do you guys think would be a better option? I 'm not disadvantaged, didn't have any crazy family medical concerns, and was fortunate enough to not have COVID affect my summer plans by that much.
@in-jail_out-soon the two things you mentioned may be things that "are hard", but I would not interpret them as "hardships".

I think many applicants rightfully answer "not applicable" to this prompt.
 
@in-jail_out-soon the two things you mentioned may be things that "are hard", but I would not interpret them as "hardships".

I think many applicants rightfully answer "not applicable" to this prompt.
Right - the hardship would be if you have a reason like bad health or family issues for not doing well in year 1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we start to worry if we were complete over a month ago and haven't heard anything?
they fill some days at a time as they progress through the review. They would have opened up their first few weeks of interviews and sending out enough for only the number of slots open. So if they interview 50 on a given day and they opened 3 days, they would have sent 150+ invitations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad