2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got secondaries from other TMDSAS schools but not Texas A&M. Do they not send secondaries out to everybody???
Texas A&M lets you set up a log-in on their site and send your secondary any time, no screen.
TAMHSC admissions portal

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got secondaries from other TMDSAS schools but not Texas A&M. Do they not send secondaries out to everybody???
They dont send it out, you have to make an account on their portal to access the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I have to send out MCAT scores separately if I applied through AMCAS to ENMED?

You can access the secondary through their supplementary application website. I just googled Texas A&M supplementary application and it was one of the first links. They don't send them out via emails.

Texas A&M is the only TMDSAS school that does not directly email you a secondary invitation. You have to go on their site, create an account, and start the secondary yourself.

Good question -In this case email A&M to ask and let us know what you find out, please-
I take it you are not applying to any other TMDSAS schools?
Yes, EnMed is the only school I'm applying to. I'll definitely email them and update here when the reply.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, EnMed is the only school I'm applying to. I'll definitely email them and update here when the reply.
I am unsure you can apply only to Enmed. You start your secondary and have to choose it as something you want to apply to and write more essays but it is not a direct choice, i.e., it is not one where you say i am not applying to the regular medical school and i only want enmed.

I am unsure you can apply only to Enmed. You start your secondary and have to choose it as something you want to apply to and write more essays but it is not a direct choice, i.e., it is not one where you say i am not applying to the regular medical school and i only want enmed.
EnMed does allow people to apply using AMCAS. They need to select TAMU and dual-degree.
How to Apply to EnMed

Do I need to disclose a traffic ticket that I received but was dropped during COVID on my secondary application?

Do I need to disclose a traffic ticket that I received but was dropped during COVID on my secondary application?
I raised this issue earlier in the thread. Please refer to the handbook reference on traffic tickets

Members don't see this ad :)
EnMed does allow people to apply using AMCAS. They need to select TAMU and dual-degree.
How to Apply to EnMed
This is what I did, by the way this is what they said about MCAT for AMCAS:

Required documents are retrieved through your primary application source once they have been received, reviewed and verified. Applicants are required to indicate their primary application source ID on the secondary application and indicate that scores can be released to Texas A&M University College of Medicine.

This is what I did, by the way this is what they said about MCAT for AMCAS:

Required documents are retrieved through your primary application source once they have been received, reviewed and verified. Applicants are required to indicate their primary application source ID on the secondary application and indicate that scores can be released to Texas A&M University College of Medicine.
Thanks for coming back to share what you learned.

I raised this issue earlier in the thread. Please refer to the handbook reference on traffic tickets

I marked no on my primary, but A&M's secondary specifically says to mark yes to ANY misdemeanor without distinction, so I am still unsure.

For some reason I read are you a TMDSAS reapplicant as just TMDSAS applicant and I clicked yes 😭 Should I email admissions about this mistake

For some reason I read are you a TMDSAS reapplicant as just TMDSAS applicant and I clicked yes 😭 Should I email admissions about this mistake
yes, you should before they look for your last file.

So I emailed them and it seems they are out of office until July 12. Should I wait or call?

So I emailed them and it seems they are out of office until July 12. Should I wait or call?
If they are out of the office that includes calls as well. You’ll have to wait, but I’m sure when they are back in the office they’ll see your email!

• Care
"Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (3500 character maximum)"

Are y'all answering this prompt with a list of activities with a description, almost like the activities section. Or, is better to use a paragraph, essay format?

"Describe briefly any experiences and/or skills that have made you more sensitive or appreciative of other cultures or the human condition. (3500 character maximum)"

Are y'all answering this prompt with a list of activities with a description, almost like the activities section. Or, is better to use a paragraph, essay format?
I'm using my diversity / cultural sensitivity essay I used for other schools.

For the hardship prompt (prompt #3), would it be acceptable to talk about my bad grades during freshman year? I basically didn't care about school back then so this essay would outline how I changed my study habits to become more successful in school. Another option is to write about how I tried out for a dance team and was rejected the first time, so I practiced a lot and tried out a few months later to make the team. Which one do you guys think would be a better option? I 'm not disadvantaged, didn't have any crazy family medical concerns, and was fortunate enough to not have COVID affect my summer plans by that much.

For the hardship prompt (prompt #3), would it be acceptable to talk about my bad grades during freshman year? I basically didn't care about school back then so this essay would outline how I changed my study habits to become more successful in school. Another option is to write about how I tried out for a dance team and was rejected the first time, so I practiced a lot and tried out a few months later to make the team. Which one do you guys think would be a better option? I 'm not disadvantaged, didn't have any crazy family medical concerns, and was fortunate enough to not have COVID affect my summer plans by that much.
@in-jail_out-soon the two things you mentioned may be things that "are hard", but I would not interpret them as "hardships".

I think many applicants rightfully answer "not applicable" to this prompt.

@in-jail_out-soon the two things you mentioned may be things that "are hard", but I would not interpret them as "hardships".

I think many applicants rightfully answer "not applicable" to this prompt.
Right - the hardship would be if you have a reason like bad health or family issues for not doing well in year 1.

II today! So so excited. I thought last cycle that I aligned well with the school’s mission and waited so long for an interview and never got one so it’s extra sweet for me☺️

Reactions: 9 users
II today! So so excited. I thought last cycle that I aligned well with the school’s mission and waited so long for an interview and never got one so it’s extra sweet for me☺️
Congrats! Would you mind if I asked your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get a II today? Hoping they send out more! Congrats y'all :)

congrats!

When were you complete and CASPER quartile?

Last edited by a moderator:
II just now (12:46 pm CST)!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! So happy for you! Would you mind sharing with us when your primary and secondary app for this school was completed?
Thanks! Primary was submitted 5/17 but wasn't transmitted until 6/9. Secondary was submitted on 6/29.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys! Didn't apply to this school for location reasons but excited for y'all!!

has anyone with an II been an EnMed applicant?

Should we start to worry if we were complete over a month ago and haven't heard anything?

• Haha
Should we start to worry if we were complete over a month ago and haven't heard anything?
they fill some days at a time as they progress through the review. They would have opened up their first few weeks of interviews and sending out enough for only the number of slots open. So if they interview 50 on a given day and they opened 3 days, they would have sent 150+ invitations.

Did anyone receive an email today saying that their interview date has been canceled or changed? Does this mean my interview invite has been rescinded? Thanks!

• Wow
I got an II yesterday; stats: 4.0 GPA, 514 MCAT. And I concur with the others, SUPER early in the cycle, no one needs to worry! <3

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users