2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II yesterday; stats: 4.0 GPA, 514 MCAT. And I concur with the others, SUPER early in the cycle, no one needs to worry! <3
Congrats! Are they doing in person or virtual interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

how long it takes them to release a decision after the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
how long it takes them to release a decision after the interview?
The first date an acceptance can be offered at TMDSAS schools is October 15th.
This could be a pre-match offer for Texas residents, or a rolling admissions offer for OOS applicants.
For Texans: Not getting a pre-match offer the first day doesn't mean you won't get one later, and the majority of those who match didn't get prematch offers.
Match Day will be Friday March 4 2022.
OOS applicants are not part of the TMDSAS Match system.

Reactions: 1 user
The first date an acceptance can be offered at TMDSAS schools is October 15th.
This could be a pre-match offer for Texas residents, or a rolling admissions offer for OOS applicants.
For Texans: Not getting a pre-match offer the first day doesn't mean you won't get one later, and the majority of those who match didn't get prematch offers.
Match Day will be Friday March 4 2022.
OOS applicants are not part of the TMDSAS Match system.
Thanks for the reply. so I have to wait at least ~2.5 months to find out... or the whole year.

Thanks for the reply. so I have to wait at least ~2.5 months to find out... or the whole year.
Yes, just like everyone else 😌

If you have also applied to some DO schools, many of them tend to make a decision sooner after an interview on a rolling basis.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an II today also! Such a blessing! Excited for interview day. 😃

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone experienced trouble logging into this portal? I can reset my password with my email, which logs me into the system and I can edit the secondary, but the next time i try to log in it says no account/information not in their system?

Last edited:
For those who interviewed already, how was it?

What is the SPE like? I am interviewing in abut 10 days and am so scared

Has anyone else had errors trying to log into the simulation IQ system? It says my username and password don't exist, not sure if we aren't supposed to be able to log in until day of though. (Interviewing 8/12)

II, I haven't received an EnMed invite yet. I guess it will come sometime this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the itinerary for the EnMed interview? I'm trying to plan my flight.

• Hmm
Anyone know the itinerary for the EnMed interview? I'm trying to plan my flight.
Looks like the check-in begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 6 PM on Monday. It would be wise to fly in on Sunday night at the latest. "Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. The day’s activities will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 6:00 p.m. Each applicant is given two individual 20-minute interviews and a standardized engineering activity. The interview and activity give the admissions committee another measure to evaluate traits that may foster the development of a competent, creative, compassionate, and responsible “physicianeer”. "

is it even worth me trying to submit a secondary for this school? I’m already so late and my stats are not impressive by any means (3.5/505). don‘t really want to shell out another $60 if i don’t have to
good luck to everyone on their interviews :) really exciting to hear about

is it even worth me trying to submit a secondary for this school? I’m already so late and my stats are not impressive by any means (3.5/505). don‘t really want to shell out another $60 if i don’t have to
good luck to everyone on their interviews :) really exciting to hear about
If it makes you feel better, I have those exact same stats and decided to apply here so you're not alone! I haven't heard anything yet but I figured I'd give it a try

If it makes you feel better, I have those exact same stats and decided to apply here so you're not alone! I haven't heard anything yet but I figured I'd give it a try
wishing for the best news for you!! Okay thanks i might as well give it a shot. Stranger things have happened 😅

I have been looking over the stuff for the interview and does anyone know if you go then when do you pick your campus?

I have been looking over the stuff for the interview and does anyone know if you go then when do you pick your campus?
After match day you write essays explaining as to which campus you want to attend, and they assign them M1 year (this year they haven't been assigned yet because apparently there was a large class, but next year they will be assigned in Summer I believe). What matters the most is spousal connection, even over familial connection.

After match day you write essays explaining as to which campus you want to attend, and they assign them M1 year (this year they haven't been assigned yet because apparently there was a large class, but next year they will be assigned in Summer I believe). What matters the most is spousal connection, even over familial connection.
oh interesting, thank you!

Looks like the check-in begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 6 PM on Monday. It would be wise to fly in on Sunday night at the latest. "Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. The day’s activities will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 6:00 p.m. Each applicant is given two individual 20-minute interviews and a standardized engineering activity. The interview and activity give the admissions committee another measure to evaluate traits that may foster the development of a competent, creative, compassionate, and responsible “physicianeer”. "
I just want to confirm, an 8/26 A&M interview means the EnMed interview is on 8/23, right?

Yes, the EnMed interviews are in person at their Houston campus. I was a little surprised by this myself, given how the COVID situation is developing in Texas.
Do you have 2 separate interviews - one for Enmed and one for medicine? medicine interviews are online?

Do you have 2 separate interviews - one for Enmed and one for medicine? medicine interviews are online?
Yep that is correct. EnMed interviews fall on the Monday of the week of your virtual interview with Bryan (which are on Thursdays).

For those who interviewed already, how was it?
It was nice! The social the night before was really helpful, and the students were very kind and supportive. The interview day had friendly vibes as well. The interviewers will have some questions they are supposed to ask, and then questions they make up on their own, to get to know you better (it is an open interview, so they will have read your app). I would say the interviews were more of a conversational tone (in my experience). As for the SPE, honestly do not fret, I think it's mainly about the empathy you exhibit towards someone. Find a way to feel confident on the day, and be yourself :D

Reactions: 4 users
How long after primary transmission did it take your secondary portal to update? I transmitted at the end of July and it's still showing as missing...

How long after primary transmission did it take your secondary portal to update? I transmitted at the end of July and it's still showing as missing...
Did you go to the Texas A&M School of Medicine web page and set up an account portal?
That's how they work it instead of sending you a secondary by email.
If you have done that but it isn't operational, you will need to call the school.

Did you go to the Texas A&M School of Medicine web page and set up an account portal?
That's how they work it instead of sending you a secondary by email.
If you have done that but it isn't operational, you will need to call the school.
Yeah, I did it through the portal. I'll contact them, thank you!

Yeah, current EnMed M2 here. Happy to answer any questions I can!

Thanks! Is the curriculum a lot different from regular MD program, in terms of rotations/information covered? And what is the community within the class like with a relatively small class?

Thanks! Is the curriculum a lot different from regular MD program, in terms of rotations/information covered? And what is the community within the class like with a relatively small class?

Great question that has a somewhat complicated answer. The short version is that EnMed is quite different from the regular MD program. EnMed recently decoupled their curriculum so that EnMed can have their own unique schedules/lectures/exams while still meeting the same course objectives. Some courses are very different between EnMed and regular MD, while some courses are very similar. I believe that over the next couple years EnMed curriculum will become more and more unique (that has been the trend so far).
For rotations, EnMed spends all 4 years in Houston near the Houston Methodist TMC location, so our rotations and clinical faculty are almost always at Houston Methodist TMC (pediatrics is a little different). As I'm sure you know, the regular MD program has the campus match/assignment program which I am not too familiar with.
The class community is fantastic! I think the small class size is one of the biggest advantages of EnMed. We are all so close with each other and so close with our faculty, it really feels like a big family!
Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed explanation or if you have more questions.

Great question that has a somewhat complicated answer. The short version is that EnMed is quite different from the regular MD program. EnMed recently decoupled their curriculum so that EnMed can have their own unique schedules/lectures/exams while still meeting the same course objectives. Some courses are very different between EnMed and regular MD, while some courses are very similar. I believe that over the next couple years EnMed curriculum will become more and more unique (that has been the trend so far).
For rotations, EnMed spends all 4 years in Houston near the Houston Methodist TMC location, so our rotations and clinical faculty are almost always at Houston Methodist TMC (pediatrics is a little different). As I'm sure you know, the regular MD program has the campus match/assignment program which I am not too familiar with.
The class community is fantastic! I think the small class size is one of the biggest advantages of EnMed. We are all so close with each other and so close with our faculty, it really feels like a big family!
Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed explanation or if you have more questions.
how many students do you have in your batch and ms1?

Hi everyone!

I am a current MD plus (MD/MPH) student at TAMU.
I wanted to reach out and let you all know that I am open to any specific questions you all have.
I am a first gen college student, so I know this process is really stressful and can be isolating at times.

So please feel free to message me! :)

thanks and gig’ em
-Brooke