You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas A&M
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, you should be able to see discussions about them, specifically saying they are in person on mondays in houston.Good afternoon! has anyone heard if EnMed interviews have begun? I kinda skimmed the thread but didn't see too much regarding it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
psychaspiring
Full Member
What a lovely coincidence ! Congrats 🤪Funny I asked today,
II received 4:17 CST, EnMed to follow based on the email sent to me.
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
So have only EnMed and MD/PhD students received invites so far?
I'm not 100% sure, but I was at the EnMed interview on 8/23 and they said it was the first EnMed interview of the interview season. Earlier on in this thread someone mentioned an interview with the college of medicine the week prior to that. So my guess is that there have been at least a couple weeks of interviews that were just for the MD track.So have only EnMed and MD/PhD students received invites so far?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats/ when you turned in the secondary?II just now as a reg applicant
FutureDr820
Full Member
Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to show up on TMDSAS to rank them?
The school staff has to enter the names of interviewed people manually on their side of the TMDSAS portal, so it will depend on how they plan that task. Your rank order is due in February so give it some time.Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to show up on TMDSAS to rank them?
D
deleted1023831
Just got the II for TAMU EnMed. Super nervous since it's my first interview, any tips to prep?
little_penguin
Full Member
What days are available for regular interviews? (Weekends, weekdays?)
sittingbyalake
Full Member
When does tamu begin to send acceptances?
October 15 (like all tmdsas schools). If you're in-state then you can prematch until late January but otherwise you'll have to wait until match day in March. If you're OOS then the match doesn't apply to youWhen does tamu begin to send acceptances?
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
It is so crazy to think we are about only a month away from pre-match season, though!The wait till October is going to be brutal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDr820
Full Member
Does TAMU show up in your prematch ranking yet?The wait till October is going to be brutal
It does, in "about a month". Prematches can be made through the end of December.I thought pre match started on Oct 15th?
Remember, you can certainly match even with no pre-matches.
Howdy! I am also a current TAMU COM student and would be happy to answer any questions y'all may have! Feel free to PM me or mention me in a post and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.
This is a great place to be and I hope to see some of y'all at the socials! For you awesome people waiting on interviews--don't fret! It's still early in the cycle and there's plenty of time.
This is a great place to be and I hope to see some of y'all at the socials! For you awesome people waiting on interviews--don't fret! It's still early in the cycle and there's plenty of time.
Not yet.Does TAMU show up in your prematch ranking yet?
Hey! I am applying to the ENMED program and it is the only texas school I'm applying to so I just used AMCAS (which is allowed since it is a dual degree program). My primary was processed on 7/21 and it still says application pending on my secondary portal. I emailed the admissions office but they just sent me the rote response that it can take awhile for the application to get processed. I'm just getting pretty worried because I did not use TMDSAS and I don't understand how they could find my application/MCAT score. Can someone who applied to ENMED or some other dual-degree program through AMCAS verify that they do eventually get your application?
Another person applied just to EnMed, using AMCAS, and commented about it here: #65Hey! I am applying to the ENMED program and it is the only texas school I'm applying to so I just used AMCAS (which is allowed since it is a dual degree program). My primary was processed on 7/21 and it still says application pending on my secondary portal. I emailed the admissions office but they just sent me the rote response that it can take awhile for the application to get processed. I'm just getting pretty worried because I did not use TMDSAS and I don't understand how they could find my application/MCAT score. Can someone who applied to ENMED or some other dual-degree program through AMCAS verify that they do eventually get your application?
When using AMCAS, your MCAT score gets sent automatically.
Thanks, I didn't see that earlier. Guess it's just a waiting game still!Another person applied just to EnMed, using AMCAS, and commented about it here: #65
When using AMCAS, your MCAT score gets sent automatically.
Whoa, that's bold to be surfing SDN during your interview there, jjjAnybody in the interview rn? Hello fellow premeds hahaha
it is lot worse. they are posting on other threads too!Whoa, that's bold to be surfing SDN during your interview there, jjj![]()
I am not sure they reject anyone before the secondary application deadline in Texas.Does anyone know if we can get the R from TAMU or ENMED prior to Oct. 15?
I interviewed on 8/26, II received 8/10. Not EnMed or MD/PhD.So have only EnMed and MD/PhD students received invites so far?
Most TX schools don't reject until the end of interview season or even after Match Day.Does anyone know if we can get the R from TAMU or ENMED prior to Oct. 15?
spottedbeedvm
Full Member
I must not be able to find the real supplemental. The one I found has a bunch of questions where you pick the answer like “my educational background is…” and then the next page has animal experience area where you enter hours for each species you’ve worked with.
Did I not find the right one?
Did I not find the right one?
We listed the questions in the first post of this thread. It sounds like you hit the veterinary school page by mistake!I must not be able to find the real supplemental. The one I found has a bunch of questions where you pick the answer like “my educational background is…” and then the next page has animal experience area where you enter hours for each species you’ve worked with.
Did I not find the right one?
I know some of you on this page have had your interviews already -
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?
If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?
If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as the current classes know: Dallas, Houston, Round Rock, and BCS. But they may still be working on setting up other sites.3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?
At least 26. Likely more than 30 - 40. (I don't have numbers on deferred acceptances from the WL but do have an indication on how many students were accepted on Match Day that decided to defer for a Master's.)2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
Last edited:
1. I thought it was 175 or 200 including 50 EnMed.I know some of you on this page have had your interviews already -
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?
If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc
2. I didn't have the gut to ask this lol
3. There are Bryan College Station, Temple(closing down soon), Dallas, Houston(TMC for EnMed and Willowbrook for regular MD), Round Rock campuses.
Thanks @JoonJK and I hear ya on question #2!1. I thought it was 175 or 200 including 50 EnMed.
2. I didn't have the gut to ask this lol
3. There are Bryan College Station, Temple(closing down soon), Dallas, Houston(TMC for EnMed and Willowbrook for regular MD), Round Rock campuses.
EoceneAzolla
New Member
How does A&M usually evaluate the different components of the interview (the one-on-ones and the SPE)?
I don't think they share that degree of detail with us 🙂How does A&M usually evaluate the different components of the interview (the one-on-ones and the SPE)?
Each part of your day will be looked at and discussed by the admissions committee at some point after your interview.
Omglooknoone
New Member
Hi guys, for the pre-interview social tomorrow, does anyone know what the dress code is?
hopefulpremed11
Full Member
I interviewed at the end of August and they still have not popped up for me.Anyone who has interviews , has A&M shown up in your TMDSAS rank list? A school I interviewed with later has but not A&M
Casual.Hi guys, for the pre-interview social tomorrow, does anyone know what the dress code is?
II today! IS complete early June
Congrats to both of you!! Just curious, are you both regular MD applicants or enmed, dual degree, JAMP, etc...?Received an II today! Submitted secondary late July
I'm just an MD applicantCongrats to both of you!! Just curious, are you both regular MD applicants or enmed, dual degree, JAMP, etc...?
Regular MD applicantCongrats to both of you!! Just curious, are you both regular MD applicants or enmed, dual degree, JAMP, etc...?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 II submitted 07/01 Regular MDMy first II! Complete 8/23, ENMED program submitted through AMCAS. 518/3.77. Didn't expect an in-person interview!
Congratulations!! May I ask when your file was complete?II received on the 28th! LM 68, IS, reapplicant.
Thank you! I was complete on 6/3.Congratulations!! May I ask when your file was complete?
II received earlier today! Complete in mid-to-late June.