2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people who got accepted, how did you feel about your interview? In the past, I heard that some people felt bad about the MMI, but still got the A.
Overall, the interview felt like it went well. For anyone that has an interview coming up though, it's totally ok if you feel like you bombed a station. I won't go into specifics obviously but thought I bombed the very first station at this school. I felt awkward for some reason during the first minute of it and thought this station was done for. However, I think they must realize this especially given the fact that it's the first station in the MMI series.

(N=1, my own experience - but the schools that I've been lucky to have gotten an A from and which have conducted MMIs, I've made at least 1 of the interviewers laugh. I say this not so that you go in trying to be a try-hard, wannabe, phony comedian because if you try to be funny and it fails, that's probably gonna be super cringe and uncomfortable for everyone. (I genuinely 100% don't consider myself to be a funny person and haven't even gone in with the goal of being funny. I just say the dumbest things sometimes which again goes to show just how important it is to just be yourself. ) Just be sure to read the mood and make sure that it's appropriate obviously. I say this because I think it's important to make yourself memorable during an MMI without ever having to sell your self or even say much really.)

Back to your question though - if you mess 1 station up, It's not the end of the world. In a few minutes, you will never ever have to relive through that moment again so just go into the next station with a fresh, clear and open mind. Best of luck to anyone interviewing here in the near future. Feel free to PM if you have any additional questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Overall, the interview felt like it went well. For anyone that has an interview coming up though, it's totally ok if you feel like you bombed a station. I won't go into specifics obviously but thought I bombed the very first station at this school. I felt awkward for some reason during the first minute of it and thought this station was done for. However, I think they must realize this especially given the fact that it's the first station in the MMI series.

(N=1, my own experience - but the schools that I've been lucky to have gotten an A from and which have conducted MMIs, I've made at least 1 of the interviewers laugh. I say this not so that you go in trying to be a try-hard, wannabe, phony comedian because if you try to be funny and it fails, that's probably gonna be super cringe and uncomfortable for everyone. (I genuinely 100% don't consider myself to be a funny person and haven't even gone in with the goal of being funny. I just say the dumbest things sometimes which again goes to show just how important it is to just be yourself. ) Just be sure to read the mood and make sure that it's appropriate obviously. I say this because I think it's important to make yourself memorable during an MMI without ever having to sell your self or even say much really.)

Back to your question though - if you mess 1 station up, It's not the end of the world. In a few minutes, you will never ever have to relive through that moment again so just go into the next station with a fresh, clear and open mind. Best of luck to anyone interviewing here in the near future. Feel free to PM if you have any additional questions.
Thank you so much for your helpful response! I appreciate your comment and reassurance.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been complete since august 4 without a interview invite or hold

II today! IS, LM 75, complete 8/10

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who was accepted know if there is a facebook group yet? I remember in my interview the students said to apply to housing ASAP

Got the R from the MSTP program, but got an email today asking if I would like to be but into the M.D. only pool of applicants. I said yes of course lol.

Just got hit with the hold. Honestly expected a hard R as I am OOS

• Care
Bruh can they just reject me already? what’s taking so long

Anyone still waiting on secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hold. Complete late July. UCSD alumna :( goodbye santorini's I will continue to dream of your loaded fries

• Care
anyone GHAC get an interview recently? I was complete mid-July with no hold yet and I wonder if its because I'm in a different pool due to GHAC.

Pre-secondary rejection today.
Good luck to the rest y’all!

Well no longer waiting on secondary, got my pre-II r today :(

• Care
Can we send letters of intent post-interview? I know they said no updates, but I wasn't sure if that included letters of intent.

Super anixous to hear about interviews because I know prime interviewed not too long ago. So the interviews for prime should be rolling out soon.

Idk if I missed this before or if someone answered this, but how do "holds" work...? Is that just a soft R or in the past have people gotten IIs or As after? I really want to stay in california but I know its a long shot (keeping my fingers crossed for this one)

Idk if I missed this before or if someone answered this, but how do "holds" work...? Is that just a soft R or in the past have people gotten IIs or As after? I really want to stay in california but I know its a long shot (keeping my fingers crossed for this one)
I am sure people who have been on hold have gotten II's. Not all of them, but they are still in the running

Are they using the mcat this cycle? I believe last year they did not

Are they using the mcat this cycle? I believe last year they did not
I believe policy is quite similar to last year. MCAT will not be considered regarding extending interview invitations.

Has anyone that applied to prime got an interview invite recently

Has anyone from 10/26 interview heard back? They said they'd let us know this week and I'm so anxious.

Has anyone from 10/26 interview heard back? They said they'd let us know this week and I'm so anxious.
Take a deep breath, it'll be alright. They said "by 11/19" so it'll probably be tomorrow

I wonder when us mid-August completes will hear back. Last time someone reported an II was over 2 weeks ago and pre-II holds was like a month ago. I hope they don't hit us with a giant pre-II hold wave :(

I wonder when us mid-August completes will hear back. Last time someone reported an II was over 2 weeks ago and pre-II holds was like a month ago. I hope they don't hit us with a giant pre-II hold wave :(
I know someone who got a UCSD II a couple days ago, and they were complete in early-to-mid August!

They Said today is the day of release of decisions. What time did everyone from early sessions hear back?

They Said today is the day of release of decisions. What time did everyone from early sessions hear back?
I'm also curious... from what I gathered in the past the decisions were released around 11-12pm PST. Hopefully it's not too much longer.

I heard back around 3 PST! Fingers crossed for you guys!

I got placed on the waitlist at 2:17 PM PST! Good luck everyone!

Just got the MSTP II over email! I was automatically assigned interview dates in late January. Has anyone received different II dates? 3.9+/515+

• Love
WL here. So it sounds like they haven’t rejected anyone post-II and WL instead?? Haven’t seen any Rs

Got the A today!
Is there an existing group we can join to connect with each other or can we make one?? :)

Update: created a GroupMe for us for now!! GroupMe

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got the pre-II hold today. IS. Complete 8/16. LM 73. Really sad and confused :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got a pre-II hold also ik i cant send in materials but I am wondering if there is anything I can do :/

Has anyone else not heard back since being complete in July?

Reactions: 3 users