2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah not yet and I was verified 08/04

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten a post-hold II or R yet?
First post-hold II reported in last year's thread was 01/22, but that was for a PRIME interview. The first post-hold II reported in last year's thread for the regular MD program was on 02/22. Last post-hold II reported was on 03/15...

First post-hold R reported in last year's thread was 02/09 -- there was a lot that day, so UCSD definitely sends out R's in batches. Many did not receive the post-II R until March/April.

Edit: There were a total of 3 post-hold IIs reported in last year's thread.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Today!! IS, interviewed 11/18. Yay :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A as well! Interviewed 11/18

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I dont think so I was complete 08/ad04 applied to prime and no II. They have different select dates for prime and they dont finish sending till like february.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they done with sending IIs?
From my understanding, they usually extend interviews until February-ish??. But, i might be wrong. Also, the attached image is from the website.
ROLL ADD.jpg

So far, it seems that there isnt any Post-II Rs. Although, the people that post here is such a small sample size that we really cant tell.
Yeah that’s fair. I’ve seen plenty of As and WLs but no Rs. Guess we’re all in the dark!

Reactions: 1 users
I am very fortunate to have received an A a few weeks ago (IS ORM) and I had some questions about the curriculum, since my MSAR expired. Are there any current students who could help me out? I am unable to find any info on whether or not there is an internal ranking or if UCSD is true P/F during the pre-clinical years. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am very fortunate to have received an A a few weeks ago (IS ORM) and I had some questions about the curriculum, since my MSAR expired. Are there any current students who could help me out? I am unable to find any info on whether or not there is an internal ranking or if UCSD is true P/F during the pre-clinical years. Thank you so much!
Congrats on your A! Although i haven't matriculated yet, i did undergrad at UCSD, and i got the A last week.

UCSD does NOT have internal ranking for M1/M2, and it is a true pass fail. (according to the dean, director of admissions, and the many ucsd medical student posts on SDN). M3/M4 you will be graded for those. The two links will take you to UCSD's curriculum and shows you a much more detailed breakdown of almost every quarter and general info. (BeMo, and other sites have other info on the school too if you wanna read more)

- INFO: CURRICULUM | tritonmdadmits
- Detailed breakdown: Core Curriculum - School of Medicine, UC San Diego

Congrats!!

Last edited:
  • Love
dont lose hope i recently called and they said they want to have all decisions regarding interviews and II in the next 1-2 weeks

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
dont lose hope i recently called and they said they want to have all decisions regarding interviews and II in the next 1-2 weeks
Sorry if I sound neurotic, but does this mean if we don’t hear back within this 2-week timeframe, we can assume it’s an R?

I dont think so. The Admission director said it takes time but he said in the next 1-2 weeks they want to release decision before we go on break!

They were not lying about that turnaround time. Received the A via email!!

Interviewed a week ago!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
They were not lying about that turnaround time. Received the A via email!!

Interviewed a week ago!
CONGRATS WOOT!! You out here sweeping the SoCal UCs 💪💪

• Love
waitlisted :,(
thankful for the interviews I've received, but also hard to not be stressed when all of them so far turned into waitlists 😢

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
When is UCSD gonna go on break? Starting next week? Or the week after?

CONGRATS WOOT!! You out here sweeping the SoCal UCs 💪💪
Honestly, it’s such a weird, unexpected and humbling experience. But I’m really hoping the best for all of you!!! And you know you’re my favorite person so I KNOW you will have no issues 😭❤️

• Love
Congrats on your A! Although i haven't matriculated yet, i did undergrad at UCSD, and i got the A last week.

UCSD does NOT have internal ranking for M1/M2, and it is a true pass fail. (according to the dean, director of admissions, and the many ucsd medical student posts on SDN). M3/M4 you will be graded for those. The two links will take you to UCSD's curriculum and shows you a much more detailed breakdown of almost every quarter and general info. (BeMo, and other sites have other info on the school too if you wanna read more)

- INFO: CURRICULUM | tritonmdadmits
- Detailed breakdown: Core Curriculum - School of Medicine, UC San Diego

Congrats!!
oh my goodness thank you so much and CONGRATS to you too!!!

Pre-II hold, OOS. Does a hold basically mean a rejection?

+4 for a pre-II hold, complete mid-August. I’ve been dying to hear back from a UC, but this is not the response I wanted lol

+5 pre-II hold IS, complete early Sept. Just wondering, do folks typically reply to these updates in the portal?

Im still hopeful to get an interview despite this,because think of it they couldve rejected us. But the put us on hold because they see something in us. Dont let this bring you down continue to trust and have faith!!!!!!! This is my number 1 school,but although I was put on hold. I still believe

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
joining the pre-II hold train complete 8/23 /: little sad about this one bc i'm an undergrad alum and a current grad student there

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
+9 IS hold :( complete 8/28
guess it is nice to not just keep waiting blindly!

Hey for those put on hold earlier in like October or September does it say a different day to when they will start considiering for possiible interviews. Or is it mid february for everybody for when we would hear back about an interview. ??

Hey for those put on hold earlier in like October or September does it say a different day to when they will start considiering for possiible interviews. Or is it mid february for everybody for when we would hear back about an interview. ??
I’ve been on hold since August 19 and it says early February.

Merry Christmas Everyone. I wish for a II since being put on hold lol,Santa please make it happen!

II today! In state and alumna. Scheduling 3 weeks out

Reactions: 3 users