-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Red_Thorne
Full Member
JUST GOT MY IS II !!!!! 😀 URM
dramanaut9518
Full Member
Just got an II as well, and damn you people were fast at scheduling lol. All September dates already taken
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sleepypremed22
Full Member
Do you guys know if they start OOS at the same time as IS or if they do OOS later?
futureMD211
New Member
Is anyone not able to schedule an interview? All my dates are greyed out?
Is that for all the months? When I went in August was greyed out but I was able to schedule for SeptemberIs anyone not able to schedule an interview? All my dates are greyed out?
Hey! I just received an interview too, but it appears all the slots are filled. Were you able to schedule an interview?Just received my first II from here! IS LizzyM: 68!
Hey! I was able to schedule my interview, but it may have been because I booked it almost immediately after I received the email (around 8:00 pm).Hey! I just received an interview too, but it appears all the slots are filled. Were you able to schedule an interview?
Red_Thorne
Full Member
There were definitely ones in OctoberIs anyone not able to schedule an interview? All my dates are greyed out?
Rest assured, first interview dates are not until mid Sept, so you shouldn't be able to see any in August. I believe they are planning to interview through March, so don't worry y'all will find a date.Is that for all the months? When I went in August was greyed out but I was able to schedule for September
When were you complete?OOS II received 😛
foodcoma123
New Member
I submitted 7/27 IS. Is there a chance for me to still get an interview?
8/18When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Is there still hope of receiving II if it still says "Awaiting Decision"?
Yes! With an II, my portal still says that, too.Is there still hope of receiving II if it still says "Awaiting Decision"?
Gabriella Glia
New Member
Interview scheduled for 9/13🙂 Anyone else? And any current/former med students want to throw some questions my way?
Re-applicant here! I submitted July 15 and am nervous as well.Do re-applicants get interviews later? Any of y'all re-applicants? IS, submitted 8/1 feeling nervous 🙁
However, I heard that UNC has a separate committee that looks at reapplicants so maybe they haven’t met yet?
This is the most likely answer. We’re in this until January. We have timeRe-applicant here! I submitted July 15 and am nervous as well.
However, I heard that UNC has a separate committee that looks at reapplicants so maybe they haven’t met yet?
I submitted 7/27 IS. Is there a chance for me to still get an interview?
Is there still hope of receiving II if it still says "Awaiting Decision"?
100% yes there is still the possibility of getting an interview. They just sent out the first batch and I can promise they don't fill all the interview slots in one round. Not even close. They will keep handing out interviews for the next few months, so you're not out until they say you are (or the last interview date passes). And I tell people this every year- don't pay attention to the portal. It will drive you crazy checking it every day and it means literally nothing.Do re-applicants get interviews later? Any of y'all re-applicants? IS, submitted 8/1 feeling nervous 🙁
Y'all this is a marathon process over the next few months. Everyone please take a deep breath and work on some relaxation techniques. Seriously, it'll be worth it in the long run if you don't burn yourself out just applying.
Hi, Congratulations.. I am OS too and waiting for II. Can you please share the stats.OOS II received 😛
3.6/520 🙂 I don't remember my LM but I think it was over 70Hi, Congratulations.. I am OS too and waiting for II. Can you please share the stats.
Last edited:
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
II received! Trying to schedule a time!
42148582020
Full Member
When did you receive it?II received! Trying to schedule a time!
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Yesterday.When did you receive it?
Received II on Friday (08/27) around 8:30 PM. Scheduled for Mid/Late October.
friendlygiant
Full Member
IS Reapplicants: have you gotten an interview?
friendlygiant
Full Member
wheres the info about the separate reapplicant comittee coming from?Re-applicant here! I submitted July 15 and am nervous as well.
However, I heard that UNC has a separate committee that looks at reapplicants so maybe they haven’t met yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s just a generally known thing. Schools stratify by applicant type (URM, vet, first gen etc.) not just date.wheres the info about the separate reapplicant comittee coming from?
alexisylson
New Member
II received! actually got the email last week but it went to spam for some reason... IS reapplicant
Hi! Could you share when you were complete?II received! actually got the email last week but it went to spam for some reason... IS reapplicant
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Anyone done with the interview? How was it?
Interviews don't start until next week.Anyone done with the interview? How was it?
wallaby99
New Member
When you interviewed did they ask you about your MCAT. Im also IS with a lower scoreHello everyone! Current IS MS1 that applied with low MCAT. If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask! I remember neurotically checking SDN last cycle so I understand the pain. Good luck everyone!!
Frateris92
Full Member
Did you get an interview?When you interviewed did they ask you about your MCAT. Im also IS with a lower score
Frateris92
Full Member
Stats? If you are comfortable mentioningII just now! IS complete 7/30
Frateris92
Full Member
A LM of 78 is beyond impressive. You earned that II my friend.LM 78
So did we talk about my MCAT score? Yes, but they didn’t ask me to clarify why I did so poorly. I had taken the MCAT before with an even lower score and had improved my score 11 points so basically they just talked about my improvement.When you interviewed did they ask you about your MCAT. Im also IS with a lower score
Hi everyone! I'm an MS1 and I just wanted to wish everyone best of luck to everyone interviewing today! Making it to this point is a big deal and you should feel proud. Just remember what brought you to this point, be yourself, take a deep breath. It's a great day to be a future Tar Heel!
Hi all! MS2 and MMI interviewer here. To those who were scheduled to interview today, I'm so sorry about any glitches you experienced on your end! I can only imagine how stressful that would be. I'm sad to have missed you today but hope I can make it to whenever the interviews are rescheduled. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the specifics, but happy to try to answer questions about med school/UNC over DMs (I'll probably forget to check the forum, but I'll check my DMs)
Yes, I did too, but I assume that this is why we were recommended to create an account at least 72 hours before interview day - to give time for our accounts to be granted access. If I am still receiving the same error message Wed/Thurs I plan to reach out. If yours resolves before then, please share!!Did anyone else interviewing soon get a "Restricted Access" error when trying to sign up for Attendify?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sleepypremed22
Full Member
Your profile picture is absolutely adorable. I felt compelled to comment on the avocado.Yes, I did too, but I assume that this is why we were recommended to create an account at least 72 hours before interview day - to give time for our accounts to be granted access. If I am still receiving the same error message Wed/Thurs I plan to reach out. If yours resolves before then, please share!!
Awh, thank you!! Much needed cuteness amongst otherwise dominant stress as a pre-med 🙂 Your studious puppy is also extremely adorable 🙂Your profile picture is absolutely adorable. I felt compelled to comment on the avocado.
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Yes! I'm getting this, too! @CarolinaAvocado did you sign up using the link or just separately using the app?Did anyone else interviewing soon get a "Restricted Access" error when trying to sign up for Attendify?
Signed up with the link! Did you use the link?Yes! I'm getting this, too! @CarolinaAvocado did you sign up using the link or just separately using the app?
Thinking the access issues will resolve soon with time. Time passes so slow and fast in these final anticipatory moments sooo it feels like it's taking forever to get access 🙂
Update - Was just able to access the platform using the link!Yes! I'm getting this, too! @CarolinaAvocado did you sign up using the link or just separately using the app?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 910
- Views
- 247K