You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've been complete since mid-August, but looking through the application portal I see that under forms there's the "Notification of withdrawal from consideration" listed as required. I initially ignored this because obviously I don't want to withdraw my application and I don't want to click on the link for fear of accidentally withdrawing my application. Does everyone else see the same thing as me? Has anyone explored this link? Is there anything truly required about it?
Frateris92
Full Member
I believe this is only if you want to withdraw your app.I've been complete since mid-August, but looking through the application portal I see that under forms there's the "Notification of withdrawal from consideration" listed as required. I initially ignored this because obviously I don't want to withdraw my application and I don't want to click on the link for fear of accidentally withdrawing my application. Does everyone else see the same thing as me? Has anyone explored this link? Is there anything truly required about it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Can you post your stats/when you submitted your secondary?II just now! IS reapplicant!
MCAT 513 sGPA 3.7 and I submitted 07/15Congrats! Can you post your stats/when you submitted your secondary?
Red_Thorne
Full Member
Everyone sees it, do not click it unless you want to withdraw.I've been complete since mid-August, but looking through the application portal I see that under forms there's the "Notification of withdrawal from consideration" listed as required. I initially ignored this because obviously I don't want to withdraw my application and I don't want to click on the link for fear of accidentally withdrawing my application. Does everyone else see the same thing as me? Has anyone explored this link? Is there anything truly required about it?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
@ amigos who have done the interview already, is the Sunday orientation something we actively participate in ? (Like, cameras on etc?)
Hey! Don't worry about that. You would only select it if you want to rescind your acceptance or remove your application from consideration. And because UNC is the best school in the world, why would you ever want to do that?I've been complete since mid-August, but looking through the application portal I see that under forms there's the "Notification of withdrawal from consideration" listed as required. I initially ignored this because obviously I don't want to withdraw my application and I don't want to click on the link for fear of accidentally withdrawing my application. Does everyone else see the same thing as me? Has anyone explored this link? Is there anything truly required about it?
nope!Does your online portal get updated when you receive an II?
racemanryan
Full Member
II just after 8 pm this evening!
Congrats! Complete date/stats?II just after 8 pm this evening!
racemanryan
Full Member
Thanks! AMCAS verified 8/5, secondary submitted 8/10. IS, 510 MCAT, cumulative GPA 3.93, science 3.87, graduated Dec. 2020 from NC StateCongrats! Complete date/stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
friendlygiant
Full Member
First II yesterday. LM 80+, reapplicant. Yeet. Complete mid July
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Yes! An orientation tab appears and it’ll link to a zoom meetingDoes the Sunday Orientation take place on Attendify?
sleepypremed22
Full Member
Hi! For the last people who got II here, what kind of dates were they offering?
racemanryan
Full Member
I only had October 15th and 25th available to selectHi! For the last people who got II here, what kind of dates were they offering?
friendlygiant
Full Member
When do As start going out?
Earliest any school can send an A (for anyone except early decision applicants) is 10/15. 🙂When do As start going out?
friendlygiant
Full Member
Earliest any school can send an A (for anyone except early decision applicants) is 10/15. 🙂
Do you know how long UNC typically waits between an interview and a preliminary decision?
I do not sorry! I would check past years threads.Do you know how long UNC typically waits between an interview and a preliminary decision?
At the interview they said they would send out a few in October but that most will come in December for those who have interviewed so farWhen do As start going out?
dramanaut9518
Full Member
In past years it seems like they accept a few in Oct/Nov, which I'm assuming are the really strong applicants. But they're notorious for releasing most decisions in March. I interviewed last cycle in Sept and got waitlisted in March lolDo you know how long UNC typically waits between an interview and a preliminary decision?
So I'm gonna jump in here before anyone gets themselves in trouble. Part of the interview is agreeing not to share specific questions/scenarios. The general format however is public- one 1 on 1 interview and a series of MMI type scenarios. Sorry, but that's about all the info you can get ahead of time. Otherwise, those who have interviewed are free to comment on vibe 🙂Hello Everyone ,
If anyone has done their interview already please share --what questions you were asked and also the structure ? Was the vibe good ?
Thank You 🙂
Yeah, unfortunately this is accurate. Rare few will hear back before December. There's usually a smaller wave in mid Dec and the majority in March. This is a long game y'all. Hang in there!In past years it seems like they accept a few in Oct/Nov, which I'm assuming are the really strong applicants. But they're notorious for releasing most decisions in March. I interviewed last cycle in Sept and got waitlisted in March lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purple_jpg
Full Member
Current MS1, you can dress however you want, most people have been dressing formal but I’d say something like a polo shirt if you’re a guy or something equivalent would be totally okay.hey there fellow interviewees.
For the sunday info sessions, are we expected to dress in full formal as if it were the interview? Or is it more casual/semi casual
purple_jpg
Full Member
Also, if y’all have any questions for a current student feel free to message me! I’m happy to be a resource especially if anyone is OOS
II today! I could not be more excited, I did not think I had a chance. Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1057235
II today!! Over the moon w excitement 🙂))
where did you get the link to register for it --I cannot find it on their site ?Does the Sunday Orientation take place on Attendify?
Did you have a MCAT below 500 by chanceII today! I could not be more excited, I did not think I had a chance. Good luck everyone!
Red_Thorne
Full Member
It comes with the interview invitewhere did you get the link to register for it --I cannot find it on their site ?
Edited to clarify: The orientation is interview specific. They send you an email that contains the link to the orientation after you accept your interview invite and register for your interview date.
Last edited:
Ohh it’s interview specific —thank youIt comes with the interview invite
Mine was over 500Did you have a MCAT below 500 by chance
uncforeverr
New Member
I'm registered to interview next Friday, 10/15 but never received any additional information and my orientation is supposed to be tomorrow... has anyone else had this problem? Emailed admissions twice but they never responded. 🙁
Did you get the email about registering for attendify? I would call the admissions office ASAPI'm registered to interview next Friday, 10/15 but never received any additional information and my orientation is supposed to be tomorrow... has anyone else had this problem? Emailed admissions twice but they never responded. 🙁
uncforeverr
New Member
I never received an email to register for attendify, but I was able to contact admissions and they re-sent the link. If anyone else has this problem, definitely reach out to admissions ASAP. PM me if you need helpDid you get the email about registering for attendify? I would call the admissions office ASAP
Does anyone understand the differences between the 4 campuses
Excellent question 🙂 Everyone starts the first year and a half at UNC in Chapel Hill, but for 3rd (and possibly 4th year) we have partnerships with other hospitals in the state to do clinical rotations. Central campus includes UNC, but also Cone Health in Greensboro and WakeMed in Raleigh. Some students will do all of their rotations at either WakeMed or Greensboro, but students assigned to Chapel Hill will also do some of their rotations at one or both of those campuses. We also have campuses in Asheville, Wilmington, and the newly re-established campus in Charlotte (previously at Atrium, now at Novant). Raleigh and Charlotte have a focus on urban underserved populations. Asheville is known for its longitudinal curriculum. The other campuses go one rotation at a time, eg hospital pediatrics, then OB-Gyn, then inpatient psychiatry, etc. Asheville covers the same specialities, but you do all of them over the year instead of one at a time, so you have better opportunities to have continuity both with patients and preceptors. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!Does anyone understand the differences between the 4 campuses
It was great seeing so many applicants today! Thank you all for your patience with rescheduling. I'm sorry for any inconvenience or stress. I think we just had multiple unforeseen things happen all at once, but a lot of people worked really hard to pull it together for y'all. We are so excited to see future classmates, and hope you can forgive the schedule mishaps and know we definitely value your time and presence. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! When did you interview?Just got the call from my interviewer!!!!! Im so happy I can’t believe this right now!!!!
OMG CONGRATS!!! Did your student interviewer or faculty interviewer call you?Just got the call from my interviewer!!!!! Im so happy I can’t believe this right now!!!!
I thought I remember them saying in the orientation that we would hear back around December earliest (April 1st latest). Am I just misremembering things?
interview date?Just got the call from my interviewer!!!!! Im so happy I can’t believe this right now!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 910
- Views
- 246K