2021-2022 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II on Friday and mine hasn't updated yet either! I just see the information and campus maps tabs
I also received an II on Friday and Mine updated, but my interview is this Thursday (8/28). Maybe y'alls will update right before y'alls interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow if people with LM's over 70 got rejected then I'm screwed haha
It’s all those mission- fit things too, y’all.
If your essays and answers don’t reflect interest in primary care, you might be screened out by schools looking for that.

Doing a bowel-cleanse prep for a surgery I have tomorrow and I woke up to an R haha. Good luck to everyone who interviews here!

For those that have already interviewed, did you receive a zoom link beforehand? I haven't gotten an email or anything with details about the interview

Anyone heard anything from UH recently? I was complete 7/25, nothing yet and this is one of my top choices!

Does anyone know if UH usually sends out Rs to most people after they get reviewed? Or do most people not get the R until February?

Members don't see this ad :)
UH confirmed via interview they’ll be doing prematches. Are only students who interview prior to oct 15 eligible for prematch? Or is it just a glorified rolling admissions until match day. @wysdoc

Does anyone know if UH usually sends out Rs to most people after they get reviewed? Or do most people not get the R until February?
there were Rs sent on this thread pre interview

Reactions: 1 user
UH confirmed via interview they’ll be doing prematches. Are only students who interview prior to oct 15 eligible for prematch? Or is it just a glorified rolling admissions until match day. @wysdoc
The first day a pre-match offer can be made will be October 15th. More prematch offers can be made from then through Jan 28 2022.

To answer one of your questions, if you haven’t interviewed yet you could still be eligible for a prematch offer if you interview by the end of January.
Last of all , a person can match without any prematch offers.

Does anyone know if UH usually sends out Rs to most people after they get reviewed? Or do most people not get the R until Fe
Seems like this school is pretty early R heavy. I bet they do an initial review and if there’s something that says “I don’t fit your mission” then they send the R. Check last years thread I think someone broke it down

Does anyone know if UH usually sends out Rs to most people after they get reviewed? Or do most people not get the R until Fe
Seems like this school is pretty early R heavy. I bet they do an initial review and if there’s something that says “I don’t fit your mission” then they send the R. Check last years thread I think someone broke it down

seats doubled so Rs go down.

seats doubled so Rs go down.
Good catch! Hopefully pre matches will double (and be earlier lol) as well. I know some schools like to fill their seats with pre matches

For anyone who has interviewed here, were you sent any information/schedule for interview day and instructions about how the interviews will work? If so, how soon before your interview day were those sent out? Haven't gotten any information yet and want to make sure I am not missing something.

For anyone who has interviewed here, were you sent any information/schedule for interview day and instructions about how the interviews will work? If so, how soon before your interview day were those sent out? Haven't gotten any information yet and want to make sure I am not missing something.
I got mine the day before!

I got mine the day before!
Good to know, I guess that just shows up in the interview tab in the portal?

Also, what was the general schedule like? Trying to plan some other things and don't want to conflict with the schedule!

Good to know, I guess that just shows up in the interview tab in the portal?

Also, what was the general schedule like? Trying to plan some other things and don't want to conflict with the schedule!
You’ll get an email for the welcome session! The welcome session starts at 1 So basically from 1-430 you’re sitting down at your PC.

Any OOS receive anything after the secondary? Or should OOS expect to hear any type of response after the match date?

Anybody receive an II recently? Seems the most recent date on the spreadsheet is 08/28 with the most recent interview date 09/23.

Does anyone know the policy on Letters of interest post interview? Are the welcomed or no?

Does anyone know if UH accepts letters of interest pre-interview? I was advised to send some out to my top schools if I hadn’t heard anything 2 months after submission....

II just received

do you happen to have a link to the secondary portal website? I can't find it at all and got an email telling me to check it...

EDIT: I got in to the portal and got an II! My first one ever too! Secondary submitted 6/30/2021 LM 68

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II received yesterday!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone gone to tour U of H after interviewing? If so, is it pretty casual? Just not sure what to wear and also wondering if any parents went too.

Has anyone gone to tour U of H after interviewing? If so, is it pretty casual? Just not sure what to wear and also wondering if any parents went too.
Some people wore like leggings, some wore business casual so anything lol. There weren’t any parents on my visit.

There was one parent on my tour. As for outfits, some business casual, some casual. Whatever you feel comfortable in should be fine, as long as you look presentable.

I haven't received an invite to tour either but I interviewed in late September. Wondering if they may be sending them out out weeks after, can anyone say how long after your interview date it took to get the tour invite?
1 week! I’d call. They may be giving some time for earlier interviewers to line things out w dates or simply may be working on more dates. I checked the sign up and the dates to to November for now but are unfilled!

I haven't received an invite to tour either but I interviewed in late September. Wondering if they may be sending them out out weeks after, can anyone say how long after your interview date it took to get the tour invite?
Did they outright mention the tour at your interview?

1 week! I’d call. They may be giving some time for earlier interviewers to line things out w dates or simply may be working on more dates. I checked the sign up and the dates to to November for now but are unfilled!
This is good to know, thanks! I'll reach out to them this week, but makes sense they may be sending them out to the earliest interview dates first and going in order.
Did they outright mention the tour at your interview?
Yes they mentioned they would follow up with an email about signing up for campus tours

Pre-match acceptance received! What a Blessing! So excited 😆

• Love
Reactions: 9 users