2021-2022 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-match acceptance received! What a Blessing! So excited 😆
Congratulations! Was it an email or a call? I've been waiting by the phone all day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 pre match offer received and scholarship offered !! Interviewed in august. So excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
If we haven’t gotten an R yet pre-interview, are we still under review?

I got a prematch offer as well - gonna be a doctor! Is there anything that I need to do after receiving the pre-match? As in, do I need to go somewhere to accept the prematch? Or am I good to just start celebrating haha

Reactions: 1 users
I got a prematch offer as well - gonna be a doctor! Is there anything that I need to do after receiving the pre-match? As in, do I need to go somewhere to accept the prematch? Or am I good to just start celebrating haha
you should get some instructions from the school - read every email carefully!

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking into account prematch data for TMDSAS schools last year and that UH has a small class size, I'm guessing they probably sent out 15-35 prematch offers total.
their class sized doubled this year so its likely greater.

Also, the prematches yesterday are august interviewees (From what I understand) . yesterday showed that at least 4 pre matched on SDN. There is most likely more that did not report here. the late august and early/mid september interviewees are up next for review so It's doubtful (IMO) that 15 is a maximum number this year + there will be a loooooot of interviews between now and january (end of prematch period i think) . pure speculation though . who knows lol...

Last edited:
their class sized doubled this year so its likely greater.

Also, the prematches yesterday are august interviewees (From what I understand) . yesterday showed that at least 4 pre matched on SDN. There is most likely more that did not report here. the late august and early/mid september interviewees are up next for review so It's doubtful (IMO) that 15 is a maximum number this year. pure speculation though . who knows lol...
Does anyone know someone prematched who interviewed in September?

What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?

What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
We’re all 520 MCAT and 4.0 GPA in the eyes of god

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
For those who interviewed, how long before the day of your interview did you get the zoom meeting details, like the actual link to the meeting? I'm interviewing in 6 days and don't have it yet.

For those who interviewed, how long before the day of your interview did you get the zoom meeting details, like the actual link to the meeting? I'm interviewing in 6 days and don't have it yet.
They sent me a day before my interview

I want to preface this with UH is really big on mission fit so stats are not the end game. But I was offered a pre-match offer here with a 516 and a 4.0.

Spoke with someone from admissions: an interest letter has no bearing or impact on your decision.

Reactions: 3 users
Any OOS people receive an interview invite yet? Submitted in late Aug, still waiting.

Hi everyone! I'm interviewing here tomorrow and I was wondering if people who already completed their interview days could speak a bit more about how the MMI stations worked. I'm curious what is the allotted time students are given for their responses, and whether we are expected to leave time for follow ups from the proctors or just take up the entire time with our response. All help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm interviewing here tomorrow and I was wondering if people who have interviewed here can speak a bit more about how the MMI stations worked. I'm curious what is the allotted time students are given for their responses and whether we are expected to leave time for follow ups from the proctors or just take up the entire time with our response. All help is greatly appreciated!
+1

I just received a secondary from this school and confused on whether or not to submit because I’m out of state. It seems very late in the Texas cycle to receive a secondary. Also, I don’t want to waste money if I won’t even be considered. Any advice?

I just received a secondary from this school and confused on whether or not to submit because I’m out of state. It seems very late in the Texas cycle to receive a secondary. Also, I don’t want to waste money if I won’t even be considered. Any advice?
Look at the school mission and if you fit it and like it, apply. The school can take up to 10% OOS students (6 in a class of 60).

Reactions: 2 users
Any word on how long recent interviewees should expect to wait for a decision?

Shoot your shot bc not everyone gets a secondary

Do we know if the admissions committee is going to send out another round of pre-matches or they are going to wait until match day? I'm in love with this program and they didn't mention anything about when we would hear from them during the interview day

It is so short unless you are concerned about their fee.

Do we know if the admissions committee is going to send out another round of pre-matches or they are going to wait until match day? I'm in love with this program and they didn't mention anything about when we would hear from them during the interview day
I'm in love with the program too; I've put all my eggs in this basket! I feel like during my tour they said they didn't want to do too many pre-match offers, as they thought it was unfair with applications still being submitted.

Congrats! What do you mean by pre-match acceptance? like early decision? Is this the school you are going to choose?
Texas applicants can get a TMDSAS offer of acceptance before our Match Day in March. March is when they rank their offers and determine which school will be attended.
For out of state applicants, an offer can be made any time after October 15th and OOS people are not in our match system.

Prematched by phone then the email came in!!! Interviewed 09/9! LM 66. Such a blessing. yall hang on!

Reactions: 7 users
Prematched! Interviewed 9/30. Totally unexpected but so excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Prematched today! Interviewed 9/9. Cried on the phone when the person was informing me :cryi:.

Reactions: 5 users