2021-2022 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/6, got my first SUC just now....but they also said I should hear back by the end of next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/6, got my first SUC just now....but they also said I should hear back by the end of next week
Welcome to the club friend!
It’s definitely an anticlimactic email to receive.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 SUC, second time I've gotten it.
This is interesting, I haven't received an A or an SUC email since November even though I've gotten the SUC email twice. I wonder why some people haven't heard anything this month

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
This is interesting, I haven't received an A or an SUC email since November even though I've gotten the SUC email twice. I wonder why some people haven't heard anything this month
You are not alone!

• Care
Does anyone know what the protocol is for submitting a grade update? Should I just email a transcript to the main admissions email?

As an idaho applicant would it mean I’m out this cycle if I didn’t get any interview invite by the end of this month? Interviews for Idaho is the week of January 24-29? Or do they send interview invites closer to that day?

Does anybody know the range of scholarships that UWSOM hands out each year?

As an idaho applicant would it mean I’m out this cycle if I didn’t get any interview invite by the end of this month? Interviews for Idaho is the week of January 24-29? Or do they send interview invites closer to that day?
I got an invite for Spokane cohort two days ago. It's on the 24th, so I am guessing you might not be out of it yet, if you haven't received an R yet. They said they would send a follow up email with more details in 2-3 weeks, so maybe they haven't filled their email list yet.

I got an invite for Spokane cohort two days ago. It's on the 24th, so I am guessing you might not be out of it yet, if you haven't received an R yet. They said they would send a follow up email with more details in 2-3 weeks, so maybe they haven't filled their email list yet.
I wish this happened to me as well. We are in January and not hearing back makes me stressed out. I wish they are still considering my application. As long as no R yet im still okay

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Alaska cohort heard anything yet on interviews? I have been complete since late-summer and residency confirmed in early-fall. Any insight you can provide would be helpful. thanks y'all

Hi I hope everyone had a great holidays and happy NYs. I got the late secondary and submitted it about a week ago. For my OOR people who received an II, how long was the turnaround? Just nervous because this is the last week for OOR interviews according to the site. I remember reading some where that UW might add more interview dates if needed though but I can't find it anymore

Hi I hope everyone had a great holidays and happy NYs. I got the late secondary and submitted it about a week ago. For my OOR people who received an II, how long was the turnaround? Just nervous because this is the last week for OOR interviews according to the site. I remember reading some where that UW might add more interview dates if needed though but I can't find it anymore
10 days!

it took my a good 8 weeks between submitting my secondary and receiving an ii, so i guess the process doesnt follow set turnaround times

Is there anyone who interviewed OOR 4 weeks ago and hasn't heard anything yet?

Who else is an Idaho resident who hasnt heard back about interview invite?

I wish this happens to me as well. We are in January and not hearing back makes me stressed out. I wish they are still considering my application. As long as no R yet im still okay

Do not worry, the school offering a late secondary shows that they are willing to be flexible with dates because they are genuinely interested in you. Following this pattern, they may be flexible with interview dates if they are interested in extending an interview invitation. I am not OOR but I received an email at one point indicating that "dates may be added or subtracted based on the total number of applicants."

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Who else is an Idaho resident who hasnt heard back about interview invite?
No, I have not heard anything back about my interview invite either... it seems like they haven't sent out updates to any Idaho residents yet.

No, I have not heard anything back about my interview invite either... it seems like they haven't sent out updates to any Idaho residents yet.
Correct! I just wish we hear back soon. It’s already January

pleasantly surprised of how kind my interviewers and other adcom members were, not sure i aced that interview but uw won my heart

Reactions: 4 users
How long does it take after the interview for WAMMI applicants to hear back about the decision?

II received just now. A little confused because I put Seattle as my preference but know that Seattle interview dates should be over... I'm from Spokane so maybe they're putting me there? If anyone has gotten an II recently and has some insight please lmk!

II received just now. A little confused because I put Seattle as my preference but know that Seattle interview dates should be over... I'm from Spokane so maybe they're putting me there? If anyone has gotten an II recently and has some insight please lmk!
Congrats!! I think they may be flexible with interview dates. I received a secondary after the Dec. 1 deadline and was told they extended deadlines for OOR applicants receiving a late secondary. So my guess is they might've added more interview dates for Seattle!

If you don't mind sharing, when is your interview scheduled for?

• Hmm
Congrats!! I think they may be flexible with interview dates. I received a secondary after the Dec. 1 deadline and was told they extended deadlines for OOR applicants receiving a late secondary. So my guess is they might've added more interview dates for Seattle!

If you don't mind sharing, when is your interview scheduled for?
They didn't give me a date either they just said that I'll get an email in 2-3 weeks with more details... I guess we'll see!

call the admissions office to ask

Call the admissions office TODAY

It’s okay I received my interview invite two days ago. But didn’t get the link to signup for a date yet!
Was your email subject "Review is Complete" or "Interview Invitation"? The "Review is Complete" email is to notify you of UWSOM's intent to interview you, but you cannot schedule your interview until you receive the "Interview Invitation" email.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how long after the interview should I expect to hear back from admissions?

Sorry if this has been asked before but how long after the interview should I expect to hear back from admissions?
From my experience and from what i've read on here it can vary depending on which cohort you applied to. For Seattle we were told we would hear back in a week but I received my "Continued Consideration" email about two weeks after my interview. Some applicants for other cohorts (I know specifically Spokane) heard back within days of their interview.

Oh okay that makes since its review completed! You know how long to get the other email? It says 3-4 weeks but I believe that’s when interviews are
Was your email subject "Review is Complete" or "Interview Invitation"? The "Review is Complete" email is to notify you of UWSOM's intent to interview you, but you cannot schedule your interview until you receive the "Interview Invitation" email.

Oh okay that makes since its review completed! You know how long to get the other email? It says 3-4 weeks but I believe that’s when interviews are
You can expect to receive the "Interview Invitation" email 2–3 weeks before your available interview date(s). You will then be able to select your date in the applicant portal, but you will not know the time of your interview until it is emailed to you by the admissions office.

Does anybody know the range of scholarships that UWSOM hands out each year?
E21 MS1 here. From what I've seen, the school doesn't do a great job of communicating scholarship money until late in the summer. I ended up getting a pretty sizable chunk for this year but they didn't tell me until late August. I believe they do have some that are awarded earlier that are more based on achievements, but the ones that are strictly need based sound like they're awarded later on. The need based ones are awarded to pretty much everyone who comes in below a certain threshold, which is based on the difference between your expected contribution vs your total cost. I had to check in with financial aid several times before I found out about mine. But, they were also down a person this year so they were super overwhelmed.

Hope that helps

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Did they tell you when to expect an email regarding interview days?
Thanks! They sent an email that day for me to pick the date but haven’t sent out a schedule. They said it would be sent 3-4 weeks before the interview but we’re already within that time frame

Does anyone know how many total Montana residents are being interviewed? The day I’m scheduled for only has seven time slots and there are only four days of interviews. There has to be more people being interviewed, right?

Does anyone know how many total Montana residents are being interviewed? The day I’m scheduled for only has seven time slots and there are only four days of interviews. There has to be more people being interviewed, right?
I would assume that they have multiple interviews/interviewers during each time slot. In E2020 (2 years ago), they interviewed 68 people for Montana. Acceptance Statistics | UW Medicine

Thanks! They sent an email that day for me to pick the date but haven’t sent out a schedule. They said it would be sent 3-4 weeks before the interview but we’re already within that time frame
I believe you will get it this week. It said the same thing for me but within a week I got the schedule