You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dancingdochehe
Full Member
Does anyone know if the U provides students with iPads? I’ve heard of other medical schools doing that, but wasn’t sure about the U.
Ya pretty sure they do. And Fr I mean is everyone getting in not posting or have they not been accepting? Who knows.Does anyone know if the U provides students with iPads? I’ve heard of other medical schools doing that, but wasn’t sure about the U.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend who got in said there are 97 people in the accepted gc rn. Some are obviously current med students and admissions people but looks like they’ve accepted a decent amount of people.Ya pretty sure they do. And Fr I mean is everyone getting in not posting or have they not been accepting? Who knows.
orangeorangutan3
New Member
Idaho student here. Received my acceptance on 1/12.
C-M
New Member
When did you interview?Idaho student here. Received my acceptance on 1/12.
orangeorangutan3
New Member
12/6When did you interview?
C-M
New Member
I interviewed 12/20. Haven’t heard anything yet. The waiting game is rough! Who did you send the LOI to? I didn’t think they accepted LOI.Anyone interview 12/20?
I sent a LOI post-interview, but haven't heard a peep back.
Edit: I hope you all are holding on alright. The waiting game is rough.
Good to know I'm not alone, here.I interviewed 12/20. Haven’t heard anything yet. The waiting game is rough! Who did you send the LOI to? I didn’t think they accepted LOI.
I sent the LOI to their general admissions email. They replied with a simple "thank you," and I believe it was received as a type of "thank you" letter.
Passionate_Parcha
New Member
Hi! I was admitted here last year but deferred. I remembered them saying something like about half their acceptances go out in March. Mine came then, and I was accepted with a ton of people. The accepted student Slack channel is still really barren.
Hi! I was admitted here last year but deferred. I remembered them saying something like about half their acceptances go out in March. Mine came then, and I was accepted with a ton of people. The accepted student Slack channel is still really barren.
May I ask when you interviewed last year?
Hello everyone!
I am new here. Just wanted to mention that I interviewed 1/10 and haven’t heard anything yet.
I also sent a thank you letter within 24 hrs after the interview and didn’t hear a peep back letting me know that they received it and what not.
This waiting game is no joke! 🙂
I am new here. Just wanted to mention that I interviewed 1/10 and haven’t heard anything yet.
I also sent a thank you letter within 24 hrs after the interview and didn’t hear a peep back letting me know that they received it and what not.
This waiting game is no joke! 🙂
depressedunicorn
Full Member
Agree with this. I was admitted pretty early on this cycle and the slack channel hasn't changed much in the past 2-3 months. I wouldn't give up hope as most acceptances are probably still to come for a lot of people. Good luck to everyone still waiting! Hope you can join us soon 🙂Hi! I was admitted here last year but deferred. I remembered them saying something like about half their acceptances go out in March. Mine came then, and I was accepted with a ton of people. The accepted student Slack channel is still really barren.
Passionate_Parcha
New Member
Last year I didn't interview till Feb! This year though I believe all interviews are done as of Jan.May I ask when you interviewed last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, regardless! That's exciting news for those of us who also interviewed a bit later.Last year I didn't interview till Feb! This year though I believe all interviews are done as of Jan.
Question for you - the MSAR says that 70 students were waitlisted last cycle, and 70 were taken off the waitlist. Do you happen to know if that's correct? If so, that's good news for us who may end up being waitlisted.
The Original
New Member
Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
D
deleted1119327
Congrats! They do have slack page and I am sure you will get the link real soon.Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
The Original
New Member
Great, thank you!Congrats! They do have slack page and I am sure you will get the link real soon.
Congratulations!Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
Congrats! Stats?Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
Congratulations! 🙂 This is fantastic news.Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
Edit: Are you IS or OOS?
I was waitlisted last year and did not get in. I’m not sure where they get those stats but they aren’t accurate.Congratulations, regardless! That's exciting news for those of us who also interviewed a bit later.
Question for you - the MSAR says that 70 students were waitlisted last cycle, and 70 were taken off the waitlist. Do you happen to know if that's correct? If so, that's good news for us who may end up being waitlisted.
Ya I’ve heard the waitlist is actually pretty small with fairly little movement from an executive committee member…I was waitlisted last year and did not get in. I’m not sure where they get those stats but they aren’t accurate.
Ya I’ve heard the waitlist is actually pretty small with fairly little movement from an executive committee member…
I was waitlisted last year and did not get in. I’m not sure where they get those stats but they aren’t accurate.
Yes, I was skeptical about this statistic as well. Good to have feedback on it, so thank you both.
Oopsydaisies
New Member
Did anyone get an update on status inquiries email from the U? It was so random because I didn't call or email to ask about my status at all (already know there's no hope for me). All it said was that they couldn't send out individual status updates at this time and that all applicants will be notified of their status by March 15th, 2022.
Yes, I received it yesterday, and another interviewee I heard from received it as well.Did anyone get an update on status inquiries email from the U? It was so random because I didn't call or email to ask about my status at all (already know there's no hope for me). All it said was that they couldn't send out individual status updates at this time and that all applicants will be notified of their status by March 15th, 2022.
My guess is they're likely receiving a number of questions about admissions status, so they decided to send emails en masse.
+1. Would be nice if they could update us ever tho 🙃Yes, I received it yesterday, and another interviewee I heard from received it as well.
My guess is they're likely receiving a number of questions about admissions status, so they decided to send emails en masse.
To be sure, that would be lovely.+1. Would be nice if they could update us ever tho 🙃
Interestingly enough, Harvard operates in a similar way. Nobody hears any decisions (at all) until March. That must be similarly agonizing.
If/when I get into medical school, I would love to sit on an admissions committee, because I cannot fathom the reasoning behind these timelines.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?Got the acceptance call today! So excited. IS.
Interviewed in January.When did you interview?
Early, mid, or late January?Interviewed in January.
That's great! Would you mind sharing your stats?Got the acceptance call today! So excited. IS.
LM 75That's great! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks for that. I'm curious to know if you have an opinion as to why your interview offer came relatively late in light of your high stats? For example, were you late in applying?LM 75
No idea! Submitted all my primaries early June as soon as it opened and had Utah submitted just a couple weeks after receiving the secondary, so not late in applying.Thanks for that. I'm curious to know if you have an opinion as to why your interview offer came relatively late in light of your high stats? For example, were you late in applying?
sankeytime!
Full Member
Rejected. Interviewed in October. Good luck everyone!
+1Rejected as well.. also interviewed in October. 🙁
futuredoc2515
Full Member
Waitlisted. Interviewed October
Waitlisted just now. Also interviewed Oct. 1. I have heard there is minimal movement from the waitlist here so damn.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya I’ve heard so many contrasting theories about the waitlist I don’t know what to think about it. Hopefully we get lucky 🙏Was waitlisted as well. Not feeling hopeful about getting accepted off the waitlist tbh
Swoosh10
Full Member
Hopefully!!Ya I’ve heard so many contrasting theories about the waitlist I don’t know what to think about it. Hopefully we get lucky 🙏
Red Team Lead
Full Member
Didn't love how their rejection email insinuated I was going to have to reapply to their campus next year lol. Adios Utah. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Got that waitlist email earlier today. OOS applicant with very close ties to the state (lived here for 6 years). LM 75, interviewed in November. Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist works in comparison with the IS waitlist?