2021-2022 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone in the waitlist been offered an acceptance?
Not sure. But according to their application feedback session, there's going to be a lot of movement in the next two weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call! Accepted off the waitlist this morning!!! So excited!!!! OOS applicant

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
They called you to let you know? Did they also send an email? Now I’m nervous to miss a call

Watch for a call with no caller ID and make sure to answer it. I’m not entirely sure what happens if you miss it, but I imagine you’ll get a voicemail and the acceptance email a little while later.

Watch for a call with no caller ID and make sure to answer it. I’m not entirely sure what happens if you miss it, but I imagine you’ll get a voicemail and the acceptance email a little while later.
I missed my call, they sent an email 5 mins after that.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance as I got off a waitlist for another school. The U is a fantastic institution and a great place to be. I hope it helps with the waitlist movement. (I am IS)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A! So stoked after getting straight up rejected last year. This process is so rough. I was on the IS waitlist. ORM 3.86 Gpa 507 mcat lots of extracurriculars and research for reference. I hope you all hear back and get in asap! 😊

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats on the acceptances!

Has anyone been rejected off the waitlist? It seems like last year they had by this time.

Can anyone weigh in on how to succeed with re-application to UUSOM?

I've attended two "Application Feedback" sessions after interviewing + rejection with UUSOM, but I'd love to hear some perspective/tips on re-applying.

Can anyone weigh in on how to succeed with re-application to UUSOM?

I've attended two "Application Feedback" sessions after interviewing + rejection with UUSOM, but I'd love to hear some perspective/tips on re-applying.
I don’t think there is a one-size fits all approach to reapplication at any school. You’ll need to look over your application and look for anything that a specific admissions team might deem insufficient. During the application feedback session, UUSOM emphasized that successful applicants usually participate in lots of clinical experiences. If that’s what you’re lacking, I’d focus on that. It could also be metrics (GPA and MCAT), writing skills, service experience, interview skills, or even letters of recommendation. Isolate areas you feel can be improved, work on them, and I’m sure you’ll be competitive enough to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think there is a one-size fits all approach to reapplication at any school. You’ll need to look over your application and look for anything that a specific admissions team might deem insufficient. During the application feedback session, UUSOM emphasized that successful applicants usually participate in lots of clinical experiences. If that’s what you’re lacking, I’d focus on that. It could also be metrics (GPA and MCAT), writing skills, service experience, interview skills, or even letters of recommendation. Isolate areas you feel can be improved, work on them, and I’m sure you’ll be competitive enough to get in.
Totally agreed! I'm interested to hear people's experiences and how it worked out for them.

Did you re-apply to UUSOM this year?

Do they do silent rejections and has there been waitlist movement? Going a bit crazy waiting for closure

At this point, since I've heard people's WL rank doesn't change, based on total scoring, it may be worth it to call the office and gently ask about a WL timeline.

Recently accepted off of the IS waitlist, so there is definitely still some movement happening!

• Love
Just got the R from the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone else still on it!

• Care
Just got dropped from the waitlist. Everyone else that's still on the waitlist, good luck!

• Care
Just want to put it out there for people looking at this thread next year that this years thread was super quiet but I know that I interviewed in October was waitlisted in March and Accepted May 11 and that probably around 15 or more people were accepted off of the waitlist after me. People just didn’t really post much this year but good luck to everyone on this thread and next years thread I wish you all the best! I was also a reapplicant so don’t lose hope! This process is the worst but you’re not alone :)

Reactions: 5 users