2021-2022 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
518 mcat with over 600 hours of clinical volunteering and 2000+ hours of clinical work. Have only around 250 hours of research though.
Geez sorry - not trying to act like I know it all. It is so arbitrary in the order in which they interview, but statistically, odds are in your favor.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I absolutely disagree. You are not in the admissions committee so please stop acting like you know it all.
Utah interviewed 64% of its IS applicants (364/566) last year.
That's pretty close to 2/3 of the IS applicant pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
518 mcat with over 600 hours of clinical volunteering and 2000+ hours of clinical work. Have only around 250 hours of research though.
It seems like research is important to them, I’m def trying to get more publications if I have to apply again. But ya their process is mind boggling. There’s still time tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance call from Dr. Chan Dec 1st! Interviewed on Oct 25th.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
For reference, I have a 524/4.0 and interviewed at several “top” medical schools, and no love from Utah, my state school.
I have noticed a steady decline in the MCAT and GPA averages over the last few cycles. I wonder if this new approach will impact residency placement for future classes either positively or negatively. I think Utah has done quite well historically in placing students in competitive specialties. It is one hesitation I have about matriculating. I have to decide now, but only time will tell.

• Haha
For those of you who interviewed, did you send a thank you note and if so, did you write one for each individual interviewer or did you write one in total lumping the interviewers together?

For those of you who interviewed, did you send a thank you note and if so, did you write one for each individual interviewer or did you write one in total lumping the interviewers together?
I wrote one for each interviewer and sent them all to the admissions email.

I wrote one for each interviewer and sent them all to the admissions email.
Did you feel like you had enough to say for each one? I felt my interview was more them asking questions versus having a conversation so I'm confused how to relate my note back to my interview.

Did you feel like you had enough to say for each one? I felt my interview was more them asking questions versus having a conversation so I'm confused how to relate my note back to my interview.
Not really I pretty much wrote the same things for all and tried to say one or two specifics from each but it was kinda hard to.

Got an II today.

Does anyone know if Utah released any admissions decisions today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a pre-II R. Very sad, because I have lived in Utah on and off and have a lovely community in Salt Lake. Not surprised because I don't have residency or tangible connection. At least they put me out of my misery! Hoping I'll be able to move back one day. Good luck everyone else:)

Damn pre-II R IS. Not even going to bother applying here again if I have to reapply.

• Care
Pre II R here with 521 MCAT 3.91 gpa, research, and clinical experience so not exactly sure what I did wrong here

• Care
Just checked my spam and had a pre-II R on 12/10. Not devastated because I'm OOS and did not have ties to the state, but it was worth a shot! Good luck everyone :)

• Care
Is it normal to see rejections from UUSOM in the middle of the cycle? I thought they didn't reject until March.
I don’t remember this last year but idk. Post-II rejections don’t come until March unless something has changed.

Damn pre-II R IS. Not even going to bother applying here again if I have to reapply.
Keep your head up! Someone I know who was part of the admissions process there for a while said they couldn't believe the quality applicants that weren't even interviewed! Good luck with your other applications! Hopefully you don't have to reapply!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the call this morning. Comes from a No Caller ID. Keep your ringers on folks!

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the call today (no caller ID)! Interviewed 11/12

• Care
Damn. Looks like I may have been skipped over (11/1 interview). Wait until April/May then I guess to hear anything?

I got a call just now from an unknown number but it was R&R bbq calling me to tell me they were out of mashed potatoes for my online order. I got all excited for nothing lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed 10/4 and got accepted today! Freaking out because I was not expecting this at all today

Reactions: 8 users
To those who received an R: did anybody else receive an invitation to apply to the "PROMIS2U" program?

Got the call from Dr. Chan this morning! Interviewed 11/22

Hi! Does anyone know when the latest interview date is? Do they interview into February? I saw on the thread from last year there was interviews on February 1st and 5th, but not sure if that's the way this year?

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed around 12/3 heard anything? Should I just assume I have been waitlisted or rejected?

can they decide already? :’) it’s been so silent on here

Reactions: 2 users