2021-2022 Utah

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
uusom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
518 mcat with over 600 hours of clinical volunteering and 2000+ hours of clinical work. Have only around 250 hours of research though.
Geez sorry - not trying to act like I know it all. It is so arbitrary in the order in which they interview, but statistically, odds are in your favor.
 
518 mcat with over 600 hours of clinical volunteering and 2000+ hours of clinical work. Have only around 250 hours of research though.
It seems like research is important to them, I’m def trying to get more publications if I have to apply again. But ya their process is mind boggling. There’s still time tho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For reference, I have a 524/4.0 and interviewed at several “top” medical schools, and no love from Utah, my state school.
I have noticed a steady decline in the MCAT and GPA averages over the last few cycles. I wonder if this new approach will impact residency placement for future classes either positively or negatively. I think Utah has done quite well historically in placing students in competitive specialties. It is one hesitation I have about matriculating. I have to decide now, but only time will tell.
 
For those of you who interviewed, did you send a thank you note and if so, did you write one for each individual interviewer or did you write one in total lumping the interviewers together?
 
For those of you who interviewed, did you send a thank you note and if so, did you write one for each individual interviewer or did you write one in total lumping the interviewers together?
I wrote one for each interviewer and sent them all to the admissions email.
 
Did you feel like you had enough to say for each one? I felt my interview was more them asking questions versus having a conversation so I'm confused how to relate my note back to my interview.
Not really I pretty much wrote the same things for all and tried to say one or two specifics from each but it was kinda hard to.
 
Just got a pre-II R. Very sad, because I have lived in Utah on and off and have a lovely community in Salt Lake. Not surprised because I don't have residency or tangible connection. At least they put me out of my misery! Hoping I'll be able to move back one day. Good luck everyone else🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who received an R: did anybody else receive an invitation to apply to the "PROMIS2U" program?
 
Hi! Does anyone know when the latest interview date is? Do they interview into February? I saw on the thread from last year there was interviews on February 1st and 5th, but not sure if that's the way this year?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad