You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UTMB, Galveston
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Stats if u don’t mind?II at 3:00 PM Central
look one page backStats if u don’t mind?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1024748
II! Complete mid-June.
Congrats ! Stats please !II! Complete mid-June.
II 3:00 pm CST!
Last edited:
kristenn831
Full Member
II !! 3:42 pm
tooprettyforband
Full Member
II recieved at 3:02 CST today! I'm over the moon!
Stats: IS, 507, 3.85 GPA, 3.61 sGPA, completed 7/2/21.
Stats: IS, 507, 3.85 GPA, 3.61 sGPA, completed 7/2/21.
kristenn831
Full Member
My stats are 512 and 3.8
II !! 3:42 pm
For those who got II's, if you don't want to personalize your stats by telling us directly on a forum, there is this tool on Reddit to track when schools are giving out II's and what stats, etc. they're giving them out to (helps us know if they're going by MCAT & GPA, or if they've started reading apps more in-depth)
If you feel like it:
If you feel like it:
GoldenBear22
Full Member
Does UTMB give interviews to IS applicants first?
not sure but the majority of applicants/matriculants are IS. also I remember seeing something on reddit saying they weigh GPA more than MCATDoes UTMB give interviews to IS applicants first?
Dr. GoldenRule
Full Member
IS II!! Very excited! Blessings to us all!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! II received a few hours ago!
Stats: IS, 508, 3.93 GPA, 3.9 sGPA, completed 7/27/21 lol.
Stats: IS, 508, 3.93 GPA, 3.9 sGPA, completed 7/27/21 lol.
II as well, at 3:17pm CST! Complete 6/21
Last edited:
CONGRATS guys! For those who got interviews, did all of yall get a high Casper percentile? I also applied a month ago with decent stats but didn't hear back, wondering if maybe my low Casper quartile was holding me back. I know UTMB places some weight on Casper.
Go gettem during yalls interviews! 🙂
Go gettem during yalls interviews! 🙂
I had a high Casper but I sincerely doubt it plays a major role—hang in there!CONGRATS guys! For those who got interviews, did all of yall get a high Casper percentile? I also applied a month ago with decent stats but didn't hear back, wondering if maybe my low Casper quartile was holding me back. I know UTMB places some weight on Casper.
Go gettem during yalls interviews! 🙂
D
deleted1043863
Did they change the interview format? Was it always 8 MMI questions?
I think it was two 1 on 1 interviews previouslyDid they change the interview format? Was it always 8 MMI questions?
Omglooknoone
New Member
+1II at 3:00 PM Central
IS, 512, 4.0, completed 6/24
Interview dates are September 15, 17, 22
Last edited:
psychaspiring
Full Member
1 day turnaround 🤣Hi everyone! II received a few hours ago!
Stats: IS, 508, 3.93 GPA, 3.9 sGPA, completed 7/27/21 lol.
Did your stats go up since last time?Received II on the 28th scheduled for August 20th. Reapplicant, IS, 3.84 cGPA, 513 MCAT, top casper quartile
Nope, the exact same actuallyDid your stats go up since last time?
Good luck. I would have hoped someone with your stats would have made it in the first go around. Texas must be getting more competitive.Nope, the exact same actually
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t answer that question and still got an II. I genuinely think it’s optional (if you don’t have any major hardships).For those that got II's, did any of yall not reply to question #2 on the secondary (hardship)? Wondering how literal the "if relevant" is...
It is truly optional.For those that got II's, did any of yall not reply to question #2 on the secondary (hardship)? Wondering how literal the "if relevant" is...
microbezzzz
Full Member
Has anyone received the MD/PhD secondary yet?
That's weird, I just checked and did get a complete email from UTMB (was complete in mid-to-late June). I'd probably call tomorrow just to confirm that they're not missing anythingI have the green checkmark next to my application being complete, but I never received a complete email? Did this happen to anyone else? It has been like this since mid-june.
Yeah thats so strange, I will call them tomorrow! Thanks!That's weird, I just checked and did get a complete email from UTMB (was complete in mid-to-late June). I'd probably call tomorrow just to confirm that they're not missing anything
Actually, I can see it in my email, the problem is I can't see it under the communication status tab in my portal. Are you able to see it in there?That's weird, I just checked and did get a complete email from UTMB (was complete in mid-to-late June). I'd probably call tomorrow just to confirm that they're not missing anything
thefinalletter123
Full Member
How long did it take for people to be marked complete at this school? I submitted my secondary last week, but still don't have the complete check mark on the secondary portal.
D
deleted880732
Sorry for the late reply if you've already figured it out but mine was instant after my payment if that helps.How long did it take for people to be marked complete at this school? I submitted my secondary last week, but still don't have the complete check mark on the secondary portal.
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
I had the same question! Maybe not, because the student panel is a part of the actual interview day?Is there not a night before the interview student panel this year?
D
deleted1043863
Anyone has any feedback on the interview?
D
deleted1043863
For the personal MMI questions, do you have to answer the question for 8 minutes? If they ask "what motivated you to do medicine" does that response have to be 8 minutes long? Are you allowed to take notes in the 3 minutes of prep time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes each station is 8 minutes & all the advice I’ve seen online says to answer with as much time as you need it’s ok not to use up the whole time just be thorough in your responseFor the personal MMI questions, do you have to answer the question for 8 minutes? If they ask "what motivated you to do medicine" does that response have to be 8 minutes long? Are you allowed to take notes in the 3 minutes of prep time?
Any clue on when OS students can expect IIs? Thanks.Yes each station is 8 minutes & all the advice I’ve seen online says to answer with as much time as you need it’s ok not to use up the whole time just be thorough in your response
medschool223
New Member
I don't see itCan anyone whos interviewing tomorrow see their interview time yet?
chombyrulez22
New Member
No I still havent been able tooCan anyone whos interviewing tomorrow see their interview time yet?