You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UTMB, Galveston
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Send the Admissions Office an email. Call and leave a message if nobody picks up.I still can’t see my interview time and it’s in two hours. Anyone else? I’m kinda freaking out
I ended up calling yesterday to ask and they said it should be up sometime this morning!Send the Admissions Office an email. Call and leave a message if nobody picks up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tooprettyforband
Full Member
I ended up calling yesterday to ask and they said it should be up sometime this morning!
Is yours up yet?
Now it is!Is yours up yet?
+1 II, complete mid july
Congratulations. Are you OS?+1 II, complete mid july
Congratulations. Are you OS?II just now! Complete 7/6
II received today! IS-Complete mid-July.
Update: for those who asked-yes, I do have lots of clinical, volunteering, research, etc...
Update: for those who asked-yes, I do have lots of clinical, volunteering, research, etc...
Last edited:
king1243
Full Member
no ISCongratulations. Are you OS?
II! IS
Congrats ! Stats and complete date please ?II! IS
Complete 8/1, LM 73Congrats ! Stats and complete date please ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II recently. Completed late July
Last edited:
Hey all, I submitted by secondary on 6/30, but just realized today that UTMB requires CASPer as well as Duet. I just finished my Duet and it was sent today. Do you all think this will hurt my application and chances for an II? I'm kinda freaking out now. I know that there is still time until the pre-match date, but I just want some advice. 511 MCAT just gonna throw that out there. ALso, it says that "Duet is a pilot and will not be used in the screening process", so I still did it but am confused as to whether or not my application technically wasnt completed this whole time? ANy insight? Thanks.
Last edited:
UTMB only requires CASPER. Duet is optional, if you had CASPER complete already then it’s fineHey all, I submitted by secondary on 6/30, but just realized today that UTMB requires CASPer as well as Duet. I just finished my Duet and it was sent today. Do you all think this will hurt my application and chances for an II? I'm kinda freaking out now. I know that there is still time until the pre-match date, but I just want some advice. 511 MCAT just gonna throw that out there. ALso, it says that "Duet is a pilot and will not be used in the screening process", so I still did it but am confused as to whether or not my application technically wasnt completed this whole time? ANy insight? Thanks.
Thats what I thought, but I found this on their official website:UTMB only requires CASPER. Duet is optional, if you had CASPER complete already then it’s fine
All applicants applying to the School of Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston are required to complete both the CASPer and Duet assessments via the Altus Suite. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. Applicants must only complete Casper and Duet from the Altus Suite to complete their application to the School of Medicine.
Not sure that to think now lol.
You’re complete now, UTMB has only invited people to interview on 2 days so far, move on to other worries!Thats what I thought, but I found this on their official website:
All applicants applying to the School of Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston are required to complete both the CASPer and Duet assessments via the Altus Suite. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. Applicants must only complete Casper and Duet from the Altus Suite to complete their application to the School of Medicine.
Not sure that to think now lol.
you're right but I'm shocked that the TMDSAS official website and UTMB website would have different information on this topic. I genuinely didnt think that they required Duet and now feel like my application status has been pushed back so far.You’re complete now, UTMB has only invited people to interview on 2 days so far, move on to other worries!
The TMDSAS website has told everyone that Duet was wanted by Long, UTMB, and SHSU for the last several months.you're right but I'm shocked that the TMDSAS official website and UTMB website would have different information on this topic. I genuinely didnt think that they required Duet and now feel like my application status has been pushed back so far.
This information has been up on their page since May 2021.
Secondary Applications & CASPer
When you go to that web page, be sure you are seeing THIS YEAR'S page and not an old, cached version.
Now, I want to tell you to quit worrying and obsessing about this but I doubt you will. But try.
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
Don’t worry about that! You can just click the interview in the AMP portal and open zoom like normal. Last week someone asked the same thing and they said not to worry about that!I'm slightly confused by the interview instructions - if I'm reading this right, they want us to use a computer to video but use our phone to dial in for audio? Can anyone who's interviewed already speak on this maybe?
How soon before the interview date do you see the interview instructions? Mine's in early September, but the interview tab just has info on rescheduling in the event of an emergency, with no info about actually logging into the interview itself.Don’t worry about that! You can just click the interview in the AMP portal and open zoom like normal. Last week someone asked the same thing and they said not to worry about that!
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
I think at every school almost it’s like three days before or somethingHow soon before the interview date do you see the interview instructions? Mine's in early September, but the interview tab just has info on rescheduling in the event of an emergency, with no info about actually logging into the interview itself.
II IS received on 8/20, completed 8/11.
Stats: 514, ~3.6/3.5, 75-100th Casper
Stats: 514, ~3.6/3.5, 75-100th Casper
kristenn831
Full Member
Did anyone who interviewed have issues with AMP while using a Mac?
My interview is tomorrow and I just got an email saying Macs have been having issues, but I do not have another computer.
My interview is tomorrow and I just got an email saying Macs have been having issues, but I do not have another computer.
Mine worked fine! No issues whatsoeverDid anyone who interviewed have issues with AMP while using a Mac?
My interview is tomorrow and I just got an email saying Macs have been having issues, but I do not have another computer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plumeria17
Full Member
hi guys!! how have you been prepping for the mmis? I have a friend that applied last cycle and said the interview vibes were very laidback, but has this changed a lot?
Previously the UTMB interview format has been one-to-one interviews with 2 different interviewers, and some presentations you would watch.hi guys!! how have you been prepping for the mmis? I have a friend that applied last cycle and said the interview vibes were very laidback, but has this changed a lot?
This year they have changed to the MMI format, it's new for them, so there's no history to refer back to.
If y'all did the CASPer, you can do MMIs which will be a little more natural because there's a person listening to your responses, some interaction & maybe followup questions.
Good to know. I can't start prepping for UTMB yet but in a couple of weeks will start! Thank you.
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
Does anyone know how soon after an interview UTMB invites you to their campus?
ggg_444
Full Member
what do you mean? as in acceptance?Does anyone know how soon after an interview UTMB invites you to their campus?
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
if they're still interested in you, they'll invite you to their campus after interviewing. i was wondering what the expected wait period would be until then.what do you mean? as in acceptance?
Sorry if this has been asked already, but do we send thank you letters after the MMI?
so it’s only if they’re still interested? not at random?if they're still interested in you, they'll invite you to their campus after interviewing. i was wondering what the expected wait period would be until then.
For those who have interviewed. When do they send us our interview times? The night before or the morning of?
potatopapoi
Full Member
It's on the portal!For those who have interviewed. When do they send us our interview times? The night before or the morning of?
microbezzzz
Full Member
Have any MD/PhD applicants heard anything from ADCOMs yet? I applied through AMCAS last month. radio silence.
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
from what i understand, it is only if they are interested after the interview.so it’s only if they’re still interested? not at random?
I’m in the same boat. I saw that last year they offered MD/PhD interviews on two dates in October so they may just be later in the cycle. Haven’t even received a secondary though. Maybe they’re just expecting quick turnaround?Have any MD/PhD applicants heard anything from ADCOMs yet? I applied through AMCAS last month. radio silence.
microbezzzz
Full Member
Turns out they don't have a secondary app for MD/PhD. I came across that piece of info buried on their website a few weeks agoI’m in the same boat. I saw that last year they offered MD/PhD interviews on two dates in October so they may just be later in the cycle. Haven’t even received a secondary though. Maybe they’re just expecting quick turnaround?
Does anyone happen to have a pdf copy of the curriculum timeline and/or know which month students at UTMB usually take their Step 1 exam?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who has already interviewed: do they send you a zoom link to use for all the presentations aside from the MMI portion of the day? Hadn't seen anything yet and wasn't sure how this will work.
check your email! I was sent a zoom link and schedule 2 days before my interview date.For anyone who has already interviewed: do they send you a zoom link to use for all the presentations aside from the MMI portion of the day? Hadn't seen anything yet and wasn't sure how this will work.
D
deleted1043863
Does anyone know how many Interview dates have been filled?
I don't think we can get access to that information, but from what I know UTMB has only sent out interview invitations so far on 2 days, July 28 and August 20. Lots more chances to go-Does anyone know how many Interview dates have been filled?
Edited to add:
UTMB has updated its web page with information about the format of the interview as well as listing all the days on which they will interview this year. (See link below)
Of course on the Texas gulf coast those dates are always subject to change due weather/hurricanes.
***If the date you are offered for an interview isn't possible, they will let you change it ONCE.***
Application Timeline
Last edited:
It sounds like they are only opening up few weeks at a time - a month? They do interview most number of candidates among all Texas schools.I don't think we can get access to that information, but from what I know UTMB has only sent out interview invitations so far on 2 days, July 28 and August 20. Lots more chances to go-