2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Also just got the pre-II rejection, does everyone's message say this?

"The review of your file indicates that you have some fine qualities. While we are unable to interview you this year, we would suggest you consider reapplication if you are not accepted to another medical school. Reapplication should occur only after consideration and consultation with your pre-health advisor or a medical school admission officer on how to strengthen your profile."
 
Also just got the pre-II rejection, does everyone's message say this?

"The review of your file indicates that you have some fine qualities. While we are unable to interview you this year, we would suggest you consider reapplication if you are not accepted to another medical school. Reapplication should occur only after consideration and consultation with your pre-health advisor or a medical school admission officer on how to strengthen your profile."
Yes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received the pre-matriculation program email. Does anyone know how beneficial this is? Is it entirely virtual or do we have to be on campus during the program?

Confused about this too since it said must be on campus May 31st but then said it is virtual??
Me too. I'm glad they sent the clarification email that the program will be in person this year. I have spoken to a student who did the program last year that stated it was very helpful. Apparently they go over the first block of Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochem which help you learn the material and how to study. Supposedly great for non-traditional students (to get back in the swing of things) and URM. Pretty sure I'm going so see ya thereeeeee!
 
I just received an email asking me to check the portal, but when I tried to log in, I was given an error. Did this happen to anyone else?
 
No communication since completing my app in Sept. Should I send an update or something? I'm OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received my Pre-II R OOS at 6:11 pm EST! (Been ghosted since submitting beginning July) For those curious about what a VCU rejection letter looks like (including the pharmacy persuasion thing) here you go lol:

Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The overwhelming numbers of applications have made it simply impossible to interview all of the candidates who may be qualified to attend medical school. At this time, we are out of interview space and regret that we are unable to interview you.

The review of your file indicates that you have some fine qualities. While we are unable to interview you this year, we would suggest you consider reapplication if you are not accepted to another medical school. Reapplication should occur only after consideration and consultation with your pre-health advisor or a medical school admission officer on how to strengthen your profile.

We recognize and regret the disappointing nature of our decision and we wish you the best of luck in your future plans.

Dear medical school applicant the VCU School of Pharmacy asked that we send this to you,
Here at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) we pride ourselves on identifying talent and creating opportunities to transform healthcare through the students we teach, mentor, and coach. Although your initial pursuits here at VCU may not have been related to pharmacy, we believe many health professions may align with your career aspirations.
We see your potential and believe you have outstanding qualities that would serve you well as a health care professional. As one of 13 academic health science centers in the country, VCU has numerous opportunities for students such as yourself to impact the evolving healthcare landscape. To that end, we want you to ask you to consider applying to one of the top pharmacy schools in the country and transforming patient care through the pharmacy profession at VCU.
From emergency rooms and transplant centers to laboratories and community pharmacies, pharmacists are integral members of a health care team. There are over 100 rewarding and innovative careers in pharmacy that may interest you. Take a moment to learn more about the Explore Health Careers Program at VCU School of Pharmacy, career pathways in the pharmacy profession, and student life at one of the most inclusive schools at VCU. You will find contacts and more information on the VCU School of Pharmacy website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to schedule an appointment! We're always here to help.
Best Regards,
VCU School of Pharmacy​

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm about to ask a dumb question. Does VCU provide anything for accepted students? Like a stethoscope or any technology? I know some schools do and I don't want to buy anything that the school may provide.
 
Hi I'm about to ask a dumb question. Does VCU provide anything for accepted students? Like a stethoscope or any technology? I know some schools do and I don't want to buy anything that the school may provide.
I thought generally speaking “providing supplies” means it’s tacked onto your loans by all schools but sometimes they get a “discounted group rate” for things like stethoscopes
 
Complete speculation, but I honestly don't expect any waitlist movement until at least April 30, and a strong maybe to April 15, but tbh schools will likely just wait the additional two weeks to when people narrow down to just one school.
 
Complete speculation, but I honestly don't expect any waitlist movement until at least April 30, and a strong maybe to April 15, but tbh schools will likely just wait the additional two weeks to when people narrow down to just one school.
Last years thread had a lot of movement in the whole month of April and even late march but of course that hasn't happened this cycle so we shall see maybe you're right
 
Last years thread had a lot of movement in the whole month of April and even late march but of course that hasn't happened this cycle so we shall see maybe you're right
Yes! It looks like 3/26, 3/30, 4/9, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 4/30, 5/1, 5/4, and 5/20 had reported movement last year!

It also looks like the waitlist was formed on 3/19 last year which is 2 days later than this year!
 
I am just curious, for background check, does this school ask for 20 years of address? (I am waitlist here and I have acceptance from somewhere else)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all! Does anyone know how many individuals are placed on alternate list and how many get in? In my interview, they said around 100 make it on and 60-70 get in. I also see in this forum that individuals have said 250 make it on the alternate list and 75-100 get in! I interviewed in March so I do not know if the number changed throughout the cycle!! Thanks so much for your insight 🙂 !
 
Hey y'all! Does anyone know how many individuals are placed on alternate list and how many get in? In my interview, they said around 100 make it on and 60-70 get in. I also see in this forum that individuals have said 250 make it on the alternate list and 75-100 get in! I interviewed in March so I do not know if the number changed throughout the cycle!! Thanks so much for your insight 🙂 !
I have seen the 250/75-100 number before on AAMC materials but I believe that it is outdated. I don't remember anybody talking about the 100/60-70 thing in my interview but that may just be because I didn't remember it or hear it clearly.
 
I have seen the 250/75-100 number before on AAMC materials but I believe that it is outdated. I don't remember anybody talking about the 100/60-70 thing in my interview but that may just be because I didn't remember it or hear it clearly.
VCU has been changing up how they do things these past few years. I have no idea how many they interviewed this year.

At the end of the day tho, you’re either gonna get your number called or not