2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I joined SDN in the early 2000s when I was first in college and thinking about going to medical school, but I ended up doing something else for about a decade before coming back to medicine. I am one of those much older students now. When I came back to medicine and first started the process of applying, I happened to remember my username and login from before, so I just started using my old account instead of creating a new one. SDN has definitely gone through some changes. When I first joined, they had blogs from several different medical students and residents documenting their journeys, which were sometimes interesting to read. (YouTube didn't exist yet, so no vlogs), and the blogs weren't so much about presenting a perfect image, or being some kind of influencer. There wasn't money or ad revenue in it. It was just people sharing their experience. So, anyway, that is how I have a 15 year old account. LOL
damn that's pretty cool! thanks for sharing :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the pre-matriculation confirmation email and financial package :claps:

I got the orientation email this morning but still no financial package, anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the orientation email this morning but still no financial package, anyone else?
Have you done FAFSA and selected VCU as the college.
If yes then maybe check the myVCU and then the financial tab-> award letter.

Have you done FAFSA and selected VCU as the college.
If yes then maybe check the myVCU and then the financial tab-> award letter.
I did do the FAFSA and selected VCU. I haven't made a myVCU account and I don't see an email about setting up an account, do you know when we got info about doing that?

I did do the FAFSA and selected VCU. I haven't made a myVCU account and I don't see an email about setting up an account, do you know when we got info about doing that?

I got an email forward to me by another VCU SOM program that had this information. I didn't get the original email. So, it seems like some people aren't getting all the communications.

But, I think you go here to create your account:

Go to myeid.vcu.edu and then click on Claim my eID

You need your banner ID from your acceptance page to find your eID. Once you get your eID and set up your myvcu account, it comes with an email account, and that is where I received my financial aid letter, not the email I have been using for applications.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: As the person above said, once you are logged in, you can also skip the email and go to VCU - Central Authentication Service - Login and click on financial aid and then award.

Last edited:
Has there been any alternate list movement this week? The facebook group has so many members o_O

I got an email forward to me by another VCU SOM program that had this information. I didn't get the original email. So, it seems like some people aren't getting all the communications.

You need your banner ID from your acceptance page to find your eID. Once you get your eID and set up your myvcu account, it comes with an email account, and that is where I received my financial aid letter, not the email I have been using for applications.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: As the person above said, once you are logged in, you can also skip the email and go to VCU - Central Authentication Service - Login and click on financial aid and then award.
Thank you!!

Does anyone know if the financial aid package should include scholarships too? Or are we still waiting on possible scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the financial aid package should include scholarships too? Or are we still waiting on possible scholarships?
I was wondering this too, because I got an initial financial aid "letter" before the scholarship committee started meeting. So, not sure, but curious. Maybe it would be worth it to email the finacial aid person to ask.

I got a scholarship email directly from the financial aid director, so I think they come separately. They are also super communicative so reaching out wouldn't hurt!

Hope this helps.

wanted to say that you absolutely saved me by posting this - I've been waiting for the financial aid and never got this email with instructions, but I signed up and was able to see the package. Thank you!

Withdrew acceptance two days ago! I have been checking the CYMS tool but it seems as though VCU is not updating the aamc on my decision. Do they only meet once a week? I’m only wondering because I want to commit to enroll at another institution and I am not allowed to have another acceptance.

Withdrew acceptance two days ago! I have been checking the CYMS tool but it seems as though VCU is not updating the aamc on my decision. Do they only meet once a week? I’m only wondering because I want to commit to enroll at another institution and I am not allowed to have another acceptance.
Thats not how the tool works yeah? you just pick the school you want to commit to.

Yes but they said you can only hold one acceptance after April 30th which is the deadline for PTE at the school I want to attend
Yes - so you select that as PTE. You just pick one you want to go to. You’ve withdrawn from vcu and done your part.

Just got an email accepted off the WL! Interviewed Jan 27. PM for additional details.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the WL yesterday! OOS interviewed end on Jan.

Are there any current students on here that I can ask a few questions to?

So we won't expect anymore waitlist acceptances after yesterday right?

• Inappropriate
Is it just me or is this the thread with the fewest posts of withdrawing an A! :cryi::cryi:

1651694038095.png

(Copied from past cycle)

Reactions: 7 users
I noticed on multiple past threads May 5th was a day of a lot of WL movement.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I noticed on multiple past threads May 5th was a day of a lot of WL movement.
Again,

That’s not how this works.

One person out, one person in.

WL is just going down in order of number you got at committee. It’s WHC probably just clicking a button when someone withdraws

Accepted of WL today!
Anyone know turnaround time for financial aid?

Does VCU match merit scholarships?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users