2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
so it seems pretty slim now huh :(
Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows. I just think it’s super weird they have been only accepting OOS for the last month and a half. Also, they have already rejected a bunch of applicants in the end of April so if your IS and still on the WL that could mean something. Again, COULD mean something. I don’t think anyone could say that there are any good chances or bad chances since no one here is an ADCOM (unless there is someone who is an ADCOM 😀). We have no idea if the class is actually full or not and the deadline to enroll to Wayne was like 3 days ago. There’s still like 3 weeks left till orientation so anything can happen .

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows. I just think it’s super weird they have been only accepting OOS for the last month and a half. Also, they have already rejected a bunch of applicants in the end of April so if your IS and still on the WL that could mean something. Again, COULD mean something. I don’t think anyone could say that there are any good chances or bad chances since no one here is an ADCOM (unless there is someone who is an ADCOM 😀). We have no idea if the class is actually full or not and the deadline to enroll to Wayne was like 3 days ago. There’s still like 3 weeks left till orientation so anything can happen .
Wishing the best of luck for all those still on the alternate list, particularly those who are IS and have been watching all the OOS offers recently.

• Care
Hi, y'all I've been a long time follower, but it's my first time replying. I just wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State today at about 1 pm ET. This was one of 2 interviews I got, and I'm feeling extremely lucky right now. I just want to say I hope y'all don't lose hope, there is still a chance! Now to find a place to live, and move in a very short amount of time.

Hi, y'all I've been a long time follower, but it's my first time replying. I just wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State today at about 1 pm ET. This was one of 2 interviews I got, and I'm feeling extremely lucky right now. I just want to say I hope y'all don't lose hope, there is still a chance! Now to find a place to live, and move in a very short amount of time.
+1 Accepted 11:52am CT. OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Got an A from Wayne State at 10am CT. I have a DO admission, closer to home; where I already booked the apartment, signed the lease and all.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
I would appreciate any information.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm guessing whoever didn't get an A today.... it's safe to call it a R?

So I'm guessing whoever didn't get an A today.... it's safe to call it a R?
I am inclining towards accepting it, not sure yet though. Just weighing in the options. So far, whoever I talked to for the advice, they all said to take Wayne.

Got an A from Wayne State at 10am CT. I have a DO admission, closer to home; where I already booked the apartment, signed the lease and all.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
factors to consider:
1) being close to family and support
2) MD vs DO—medicare and other insurances pay them the same
3) logistics to move
4) school variables ie good research etc.
5) location

Take the MD man. My attending DO provider said this

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Are you OOS or is?

Pulling out of the race sometime this week. I don't think Ill be able to find housing in downtown Detroit 10 days before school starts.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If you get accepted this late, do you get your loans in time?

• Hmm
The waitlist email says that offers can be given up til orientation…so really hoping for a miracle soon :/

Is orientation July 5 or is that when classes start?
So it says on the document that classes start on 7/5/22 and next to it it says

“Orientation will take place the first week of classes, which is required and in-person. *Subject to change.”

So it’s going to be during that week

If by some miracle I get an acceptance, I hope its before i retake my mcat in a week :nailbiting:

If by some miracle I get an A, I hope it's before I sign my lease 😭

Reactions: 1 users
Debating on whether I should re-submit my app …really hoping for an A this week

Debating on whether I should re-submit my app …really hoping for an A this week
I'd say resubmit it so you're not too far behind in queue. I submitted it like 2 weeks ago and still haven't had it certified

I will cancel my lease and move heaven and earth to make things work if this A comes through.
Luckily I already live a few minutes from Detroit.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I am not premed but dental — I’ve been checking this thread so consistently for one of my best friends since this was their no. 1 choice for med. I am so happy to say they got accepted yesterday!! They are in-state btw, & as I have seen from this forum, wayne state hasn’t really been accepting in-state. So I wanted to pop in to say there is still a chance!

I hope you guys all get accepted, wishing you all the best with this cycle and medical school! I hope this can provide a little relief that they are still moving the list along!!! <3

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I am not premed but dental — I’ve been checking this thread so consistently for one of my best friends since this was their no. 1 choice for med. I am so happy to say they got accepted yesterday!! They are in-state btw, & as I have seen from this forum, wayne state hasn’t really been accepting in-state. So I wanted to pop in to say there is still a chance!

I hope you guys all get accepted, wishing you all the best with this cycle and medical school! I hope this can provide a little relief that they are still moving the list along!!! <3
Congrats to them! Do you know their stats by any chance and completion date?

MCAT: 518, GPA: 3.88. Secondaries submitted mid-October. Interviewed end of January.
Congratulations! Thank you as well for giving us IS some hope. If you don’t mind me asking, you accepting their offer?

TRACKER NOW AT 700

Why are offers coming out on the weekends and in the late eve? Does this mean the adcom folks are continuously monitoring when people are withdrawing their As?

Why are offers coming out on the weekends and in the late eve? Does this mean the adcom folks are continuously monitoring when people are withdrawing their As?
For my own sanity, I decided not to try and guess what they're doing because none of my predictions have gone right and I have no clue whats going on lol

no updates on the ~19 or so that recently went out?

• Care
Just got accepted to another school and trying to figure out how to withdraw my application from the waitlist but don’t see any position in the portal. Does emailing admissions complete this process? Can’t find anything online.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted to another school and trying to figure out how to withdraw my application from the waitlist but don’t see any position in the portal. Does emailing admissions complete this process? Can’t find anything online.

Congrats!! Yes I would assume via email is fine

Retaking the mcat tomorrow :eek: Can't emphasize how great an A would be right now 😭

• Care
Reactions: 6 users