You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know I haven't posted on here, but I have been watching this thread closely for the past 5 months. I wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State last night around 9 PM central time. This was the only interview I got and I am feeling very lucky right now. I hope that there are more of you that get offers.
D
deleted1022805
Hey
are you IS or OOS?I know I haven't posted on here, but I have been watching this thread closely for the past 5 months. I wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State last night around 9 PM central time. This was the only interview I got and I am feeling very lucky right now. I hope that there are more of you that get offers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOSHey
are you IS or OOS?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?I know I haven't posted on here, but I have been watching this thread closely for the past 5 months. I wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State last night around 9 PM central time. This was the only interview I got and I am feeling very lucky right now. I hope that there are more of you that get offers.
Sure. MCAT: 511, GPA: 3.82. Primaries were submitted in early August. Secondaries submitted early September. Interviewed Jan. 31.Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
fullblownrig
Full Member
Honestly over Wayne 🙁 Im just gonna retake the mcat, submit my secondaries, and go on vacation ✈️
vchalam777
New Member
Are you IS? Would u mind sharing your stats?Honestly over Wayne 🙁 Im just gonna retake the mcat, submit my secondaries, and go on vacation ✈️
fullblownrig
Full Member
Oh im still on waitlist but yes I'm ISAre you IS? Would u mind sharing your stats?
vchalam777
New Member
Looks like very very slimso it seems pretty slim now huh 🙁
D
deleted1022805
Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows. I just think it’s super weird they have been only accepting OOS for the last month and a half. Also, they have already rejected a bunch of applicants in the end of April so if your IS and still on the WL that could mean something. Again, COULD mean something. I don’t think anyone could say that there are any good chances or bad chances since no one here is an ADCOM (unless there is someone who is an ADCOM 😀). We have no idea if the class is actually full or not and the deadline to enroll to Wayne was like 3 days ago. There’s still like 3 weeks left till orientation so anything can happen .so it seems pretty slim now huh 🙁
We're in the endgame now ......
Wishing the best of luck for all those still on the alternate list, particularly those who are IS and have been watching all the OOS offers recently.Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows. I just think it’s super weird they have been only accepting OOS for the last month and a half. Also, they have already rejected a bunch of applicants in the end of April so if your IS and still on the WL that could mean something. Again, COULD mean something. I don’t think anyone could say that there are any good chances or bad chances since no one here is an ADCOM (unless there is someone who is an ADCOM 😀). We have no idea if the class is actually full or not and the deadline to enroll to Wayne was like 3 days ago. There’s still like 3 weeks left till orientation so anything can happen .
It's rough out hereWishing the best of luck for all those still on the alternate list, particularly those who are IS and have been watching all the OOS offers recently.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fullblownrig
Full Member
This must be what it feels like to be lead on...... 🤣😭
D
deleted1128504
this is much worse 😭🤢This must be what it feels like to be lead on...... 🤣😭
CheesyBoy915
New Member
Hi, y'all I've been a long time follower, but it's my first time replying. I just wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State today at about 1 pm ET. This was one of 2 interviews I got, and I'm feeling extremely lucky right now. I just want to say I hope y'all don't lose hope, there is still a chance! Now to find a place to live, and move in a very short amount of time.
+1 Accepted 11:52am CT. OOSHi, y'all I've been a long time follower, but it's my first time replying. I just wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State today at about 1 pm ET. This was one of 2 interviews I got, and I'm feeling extremely lucky right now. I just want to say I hope y'all don't lose hope, there is still a chance! Now to find a place to live, and move in a very short amount of time.
enigma2196
New Member
Got an A from Wayne State at 10am CT. I have a DO admission, closer to home; where I already booked the apartment, signed the lease and all.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
I would appreciate any information.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
I would appreciate any information.
So I'm guessing whoever didn't get an A today.... it's safe to call it a R?
enigma2196
New Member
I am inclining towards accepting it, not sure yet though. Just weighing in the options. So far, whoever I talked to for the advice, they all said to take Wayne.So I'm guessing whoever didn't get an A today.... it's safe to call it a R?
factors to consider:Got an A from Wayne State at 10am CT. I have a DO admission, closer to home; where I already booked the apartment, signed the lease and all.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
I would appreciate any information.
1) being close to family and support
2) MD vs DO—medicare and other insurances pay them the same
3) logistics to move
4) school variables ie good research etc.
5) location
Take the MD man. My attending DO provider said thisGot an A from Wayne State at 10am CT. I have a DO admission, closer to home; where I already booked the apartment, signed the lease and all.
Any suggestions? Everyone is saying to take Wayne State MD. I am leaning towards it.
If I accept, how does it work since we have only 10 days before the college starts. Does Wayne offer accommodation? Is there a FB or groupme page for searching room mates?
I am from Texas, my DO program also costs almost same as Wayne State, so that's not a criteria.
I would appreciate any information.
D
deleted1022805
Congrats! Are you OOS or is?Hi, y'all I've been a long time follower, but it's my first time replying. I just wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State today at about 1 pm ET. This was one of 2 interviews I got, and I'm feeling extremely lucky right now. I just want to say I hope y'all don't lose hope, there is still a chance! Now to find a place to live, and move in a very short amount of time.
CheesyBoy915
New Member
OOSCongrats! Are you OOS or is?
Pulling out of the race sometime this week. I don't think Ill be able to find housing in downtown Detroit 10 days before school starts.
Same 😔Pulling out of the race sometime this week. I don't think Ill be able to find housing in downtown Detroit 10 days before school starts.
If you get accepted this late, do you get your loans in time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
enigma2196
New Member
I am wondering about the same.If you get accepted this late, do you get your loans in time?
Is orientation July 5 or is that when classes start?The waitlist email says that offers can be given up til orientation…so really hoping for a miracle soon :/
D
deleted1022805
So it says on the document that classes start on 7/5/22 and next to it it saysIs orientation July 5 or is that when classes start?
“Orientation will take place the first week of classes, which is required and in-person. *Subject to change.”
So it’s going to be during that week
D
deleted1022805
Tracker jumped to 697
Don’t get my hopes upTracker jumped to 697
fullblownrig
Full Member
If by some miracle I get an acceptance, I hope its before i retake my mcat in a week 
If by some miracle I get an A, I hope it's before I sign my lease 😭
Im supposed to sign a lease tomorrow lmao what the hellIf by some miracle I get an A, I hope it's before I sign my lease 😭
hoping for some in-state love!!Tracker jumped to 697
Same for me but today lol. The hardest choice I ever madeIm supposed to sign a lease tomorrow lmao what the hell
fullblownrig
Full Member
I'd say resubmit it so you're not too far behind in queue. I submitted it like 2 weeks ago and still haven't had it certifiedDebating on whether I should re-submit my app …really hoping for an A this week
Hey guys! I am not premed but dental — I’ve been checking this thread so consistently for one of my best friends since this was their no. 1 choice for med. I am so happy to say they got accepted yesterday!! They are in-state btw, & as I have seen from this forum, wayne state hasn’t really been accepting in-state. So I wanted to pop in to say there is still a chance!
I hope you guys all get accepted, wishing you all the best with this cycle and medical school! I hope this can provide a little relief that they are still moving the list along!!! <3
I hope you guys all get accepted, wishing you all the best with this cycle and medical school! I hope this can provide a little relief that they are still moving the list along!!! <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1022805
Congrats to them! Do you know their stats by any chance and completion date?Hey guys! I am not premed but dental — I’ve been checking this thread so consistently for one of my best friends since this was their no. 1 choice for med. I am so happy to say they got accepted yesterday!! They are in-state btw, & as I have seen from this forum, wayne state hasn’t really been accepting in-state. So I wanted to pop in to say there is still a chance!
I hope you guys all get accepted, wishing you all the best with this cycle and medical school! I hope this can provide a little relief that they are still moving the list along!!! <3
And now the IS beginsAccepted 6/22 10:35pm EDT, IS
D
deleted1022805
Do you mind sharing your stats? And complete date?Accepted 6/22 10:35pm EDT, IS
MCAT: 518, GPA: 3.88. Secondaries submitted mid-October. Interviewed end of January.Do you mind sharing your stats? And complete date?