2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I keep cycling between the wayne portal, sdn, and the submit button on the amcas application :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I forgot to withdraw from the WL and was accepted this morning. CA ORM 3.75/511 for another data point

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nailed the interview, sent in multiple letters of intent/update letters, am IS, went to WSU for my undergrad, got a Masters of Public Health and did some research at WSUSOM.
Still on the WL. I feel ignored and unheard. My entire support system is here. I’ve lived in Detroit for most of my life. I just want to continue to be a part of this city.
I am exhausted.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Nailed the interview, sent in multiple letters of intent/update letters, am IS, went to WSU for my undergrad, got a Masters of Public Health and did some research at WSUSOM.
Still on the WL. I feel ignored and unheard. My entire support system is here. I’ve lived in Detroit for most of my life. I just want to continue to be a part of this city.
I am exhausted.
Are you from ORM?

Circa 2022.

6j8rxs.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
It sucks if we don't get accepted but i think what i'm more mad about is the fact that schools should just have the decency to tell us if we are rejected (aka, too low on the waitlist to be offered a spot). I'm frustrated about not hearing anything back and at this point, just want to decide on one of my other choices but I am constantly drawn back to Wayne because it's my top choice and I fit in great with their community. How are we supposed to get an apartment and figure out financial aid when it's June and classes start in July? Or how are we supposed to commit to another school when we still feel like there is hope on the waitlist for Wayne? It's just a messed up process.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
It sucks if we don't get accepted but i think what i'm more mad about is the fact that schools should just have the decency to tell us if we are rejected (aka, too low on the waitlist to be offered a spot). I'm frustrated about not hearing anything back and at this point, just want to decide on one of my other choices but I am constantly drawn back to Wayne because it's my top choice and I fit in great with their community. How are we supposed to get an apartment and figure out financial aid when it's June and classes start in July? Or how are we supposed to commit to another school when we still feel like there is hope on the waitlist for Wayne? It's just a messed up process.
I feel you on this completely. This is my second application cycle (1 waitlist last year, 3 this year) and it’s so frustrating how this process works! I’m committed to a DO school right now and I don’t even know when to start looking for roommates or housing because I’m still holding out hope that 1 of my 3 waitlists will accept me. It’s a debilitating process that needs some major refining - no waitlist should remain open this long.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Will you be keeping your spot?
Most likely not as I have an acceptance from a school I think is a better fit for me. For full transparency I’m still on another waitlist at my absolute top choice and wish this process was over as well. It makes literally no sense for us to be in limbo and have to send in reapplications or even complete prematriculation requirements for one school when there is a possibility we can get in somewhere else.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from the waitlist as an IS student a while back. Really rooting for you all on the WL. This process is exhausting.

• Care
Just got the A 10 min ago via email! Does anyone know how long we have to respond to the offer? Also, how likely they would approve a deferral? Some personal circumstances have changed for me so there's a chance I may not take the offer.

CA ORM 3.62 cGPA 515 MCAT

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
lol any IS folk want to move to Ohio with me for a year?

My kid had two other MD acceptances and did his CTE last week at one of them. He was an ORM OOS when it comes to Wayne and felt he had a great interview and was interested in attending but at some point you just have to accept an invitation to the dance with someone who has expressed an interest in you. Not to mention looking at apartments, getting an apartment rented, getting moved to the school he selected as well as being able to enjoy a month or so of free time before he embarks on this arduous journey called Med School.

Anyone accepted off waitlist recently get sent need based or merit based scholarship offers/information? Or is it too late for that?

Well boys this is probably the last week for movement. May we all be blessed, and if not, have tremendous luck in our next cycle. 🫡

• Care
Would it hurt for them to give us a crumb of info? Like "yeah we're working on it" or "yeah we got your letters of intent and updates". Hard to trust the process when you don't even know what the process is 😞

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Haven’t had communication since October 15th waitlist - we’re closer to next October than the last time they even reached out. Plus, i called the school to inquire about reapplication and the EDP and the guy hung up on me. Unprofessional

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Don't want to spread any false info or anything, but was June 16th another deadline for people to accept their med school acceptances for those who have them?

Honestly, if it ends up being all OOS again imma be soooo salty.

684 offers now... where are these people lol

• Hmm
  • Care
684 offers now... where are these people lol
The best part of this is that no one has posted here so we don’t know if they are picking based on residency, stats, service…. Idk I just want the R and move on

Ugh why is this so damn complicated. If you want me accept me, if not then just snip the thread 😭

• Care
I know I haven't posted on here, but I have been watching this thread closely for the past 5 months. I wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State last night around 9 PM central time. This was the only interview I got and I am feeling very lucky right now. I hope that there are more of you that get offers.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hey
I know I haven't posted on here, but I have been watching this thread closely for the past 5 months. I wanted to say that I got an admissions offer to Wayne State last night around 9 PM central time. This was the only interview I got and I am feeling very lucky right now. I hope that there are more of you that get offers.
are you IS or OOS?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Honestly over Wayne :( Im just gonna retake the mcat, submit my secondaries, and go on vacation ✈️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users