2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone contacted Wayne about any WL movement recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I really just want them to give me the R at this point instead of stringing me along. I've been delaying sending my new secondaries until I get a response from them so I don't waste my money. If they gave me an A in the next couple days, I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of mentally preparing for school, but I also don't wanna withdraw because I don't want them to think I'm not interested since I am reapplying to Wayne.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
At this point the class is full and acceptances are given out to people on the waitlist when someone withdraws their A. (I called last week.)
I have no idea how likely this is, any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really think that if the waitlist should be this large and last for this long, it should be ranked and our personal rank should be made clear.

I know ranked isn’t very holistic but it’s much more clear where you stand when things get to this point. Maybe ranked quadrants?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how Wayne State views Applicants who were waitlisted by them the previous cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how Wayne State views Applicants who were waitlisted by them the previous cycle?
Great question, I'd love some feedback here if possible. Even though it seems like I didn't make it off the waitlist last year, I'd love to pursue my medical degree at Wayne.

Withdrew from WL. Good luck to others. Here is the email that was sent by them
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for your continued interest in Wayne State University School of Medicine! I wanted to take a moment to reach out to you all as I know it has been some time since you received an update. Currently, we do have a full class (projected to be ~300 students). If you are still on the alternate list you are still being considered for an offer should we have an opening. Our list is not ranked and we are observing simply best fit based on the composition/balance of the class (in-state vs out of state, etc.).
We will continue our review of students through the first day of classes next Tuesday, July 5th. In the meantime, we are aware of the difficulties many of you have/are facing in needing to prepare and make schedule decisions for your summer. We will follow up as soon as we have updates to provide. Please continue to let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if anyone cares at this point, but my friend withdrew from WL last week.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I’ve been compulsively checking the tracker this whole time too, and it’s only gone up by 1 person in over a week

• Sad
well tommorrow their first day of class so its safe to say that no more false hopes

Reactions: 3 users
Is today the last day? Or is Friday the last day?
I think someone would have to drop at this point. So if someone didn't show up today or decided they wanted to drop out throughout the week, then they would pull from the WL. It has been an extremely long and tough ride, but we will all end up at the right place at the right time.

• Care
does anyone know if they offer advising for those who got rejected from waitlist?

does anyone know if they offer advising for those who got rejected from waitlist?

I don’t know about Wayne specifically, but I’ve heard that in general it’s a good idea to email schools and ask to set up a call/Zoom meeting to go over your app

I don’t know about Wayne specifically, but I’ve heard that in general it’s a good idea to email schools and ask to set up a call/Zoom meeting to go over your app
dang i emailed wayne and they say they dont do that :/ so strange