2021-2022 Western Michigan

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got a complete email one business day after everything and the assessment were finished!
I got an email with the subject "Your WMed Application" but it just says that my secondary app was complete and they'll start reviewing it. Is this also a complete application email?
 
Just tried to submit my secondary app received an error message and when I try logging back in it shows an electronic consent form page related to financial aid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email that app is now in the "experiences review" phase. Not super sure what that means for WMed cause they have a bunch of steps in the cycle, but appreciate the update! haha
 
Got an email that app is now in the "experiences review" phase. Not super sure what that means for WMed cause they have a bunch of steps in the cycle, but appreciate the update! haha
Further ahead than me lol, when were you complete?
 
Got an email that app is now in the "experiences review" phase. Not super sure what that means for WMed cause they have a bunch of steps in the cycle, but appreciate the update! haha
Same here, maybe that means they will start sending out IIs in ~2 weeks? Since it says they take around 2 weeks to finish their review
 
Did anyone get an email confirming the entire app is complete other than the "secondary application received" email? I submitted on 7/12 and their portal doesn't say if they received my LOR and all that.
 
Portal says "experiences review completed", late afternoon. Didn't get an email, but super quick considering I was put under experiences review this morning haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Your application has completed the experiences review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a telephone interview."

Hopefully interviews start coming out soon
 
"Your application has completed the experiences review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a telephone interview."

Hopefully interviews start coming out soon
Is this notice sent by email or in the portal under the application status?
 
"Your application has completed the experiences review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a telephone interview."

Hopefully interviews start coming out soon
I also just got this email. Received the experiences review one on Friday
 
I received a supplemental app complete email, but not one specifically for the online assessment. Also curious whether or not it went through since I have not received an experiences review email yet (submitted 07/12).
same as you! hopefully that means they just dont send an email after the assessment then. i tried logging into the assessment and it said login failed, so im assuming they have the info needed!
 
same as you! hopefully that means they just dont send an email after the assessment then. i tried logging into the assessment and it said login failed, so im assuming they have the info needed!
Yea unfortunately the link for the online assessment is only used for 1 login, so I'm assuming the same as you! I wish there was a "Online Assessment complete" line under the application status haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been having trouble logging into the portal? I emailed admissions and they gave me a new link and username yet I still cannot access the secondary. Anyone have the same issue?
 
Has anyone been having trouble logging into the portal? I emailed admissions and they gave me a new link and username yet I still cannot access the secondary. Anyone have the same issue?
I'm able to log in but I can't actually access the secondary application. All I see is an option to check my application status.
 
Question: my portal was fine when I first logged in, now it's like a status screen as though I've already submitted my secondary (which I haven't) I've tried it on Safari and google chrome... any ideas on how to get back to the portal where i fill out the secondary info when I log in?
Did this issue get resolved? I'm having the same problem currently.
 
Yeah, I accidently skipped a question on the online assessment. I was wondering how big of an impact is the online assessment.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad