2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Experiences review started 7/21 and just received the email now that it’s complete and under consideration for an interview! I really like that they send you updates like this, it beats waiting around in the dark wondering where your app is at.

Does everybody become “under consideration for an interview” or is it a good sign that one will get an II

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everybody become “under consideration for an interview” or is it a good sign that one will get an II
Prob a good sign. I was marked complete 2 weeks ago and haven't reached "experiences review" as of yet. Kuddos to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Prob a good sign. I was marked complete 2 weeks ago and haven't reached "experiences review" as of yet. Kuddos to you.
Lol I haven’t gotten it either..was just wondering if it was a bad sign that I didn’t get it. Hoping you get it soon!

Lol if I had received an interview at Uchicago I wouldn’t be too worried about it either..

mostly kidding…congrats on your success @serotonin1

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Okay so this secondary was at the bottom of my pile to get to.. how on earth do I access the supplemental application lol this portal is just telling me the weather in Kzoo

edit: found it, going crazy over here

does the secondary application complete email come before the experiences review? I got an email that my supplemental was complete on 7/27 but no updates since

I was complete 7/12 and nothing yet still

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 07/13 and also nothing since the application complete email. It'll come some day!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Started and Finished experience review today marked complete 7/22

Just this morning got put into experience review, secondary submitted on 7/17

Anyone still not get the experiences review yet? Submitted 7/27

Complete 7/27 and no updates about anything on the portal. :(

Yes I think so! Everyone who is complete should get the under consideration email.

Last edited:
all i got was an email saying Thank you for completing the Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine supplemental application for the 2022 entering class. We will review all components of your application and be in touch via email soon regarding the next steps in the process.

Submitted secondary 7/17, experiences review began 8/6, now under consideration for telephone interview.

does getting “under consideration” emails in AM vs. PM matter? For example would rejections get it in the AM and IIs in PM after admissions committee has time to review l

does getting “under consideration” emails in AM vs. PM matter? For example would rejections get it in the AM and IIs in PM after admissions committee has time to review l
i don't think so man. you looking too deep into this lol

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't receive an email, but portal updated to experiences review started today.

Anyone know when they start sending out invites for the phone interview? I’ve been under consideration for a few weeks now.

Anyone know when they start sending out invites for the phone interview? I’ve been under consideration for a few weeks now.
Last year, phone interviews were sent out around August 26th.

Reactions: 2 users
Telephone interview invite today. Submitted 7/21. Been under phone interview consideration since first week of August.

So if we were complete experiences review before then, it’s an R
Not necessarily. It's not an R until it's an R. I don't know the inner workings of the office and their procedures, but some applications might just be on hold or they only have so many people available/trained to conduct the phone interviews.

Complete mid July and not even under review gang 🤪

Reactions: 6 users