2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other Oct 14/15 interviewees hopeful for today? Approaching 3 week mark!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my interview as I was accepted elsewhere closer to family. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the A!! Interview-10/15 phone interview-9/20

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Experiences review completed 9/30 but I just realized I had only sent 2 letters of recommendation..when 3 is their minimum. Sent two more in just now but..I think that may have killed my chances :(

I had my phone interview on 9/8 and haven't heard anything since then. I should just assume this is an R right lmao. I felt like the phone interview went really poorly so I'm not too surprised but I wish they would just put me out of misery

Reactions: 1 users
I had my phone interview on 9/8 and haven't heard anything since then. I should just assume this is an R right lmao. I felt like the phone interview went really poorly so I'm not too surprised but I wish they would just put me out of misery
I phone interviewed in August and only heard back late last month - it's never too late!

Got the A yesterday! My phone interview was on 9/24, virtual interview was on 10/14.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my PI 9/7 and have had radio silence since then, has anyone gotten an II after two months of waiting? Worried it's an R :(

Reactions: 1 user
I had my PI 9/7 and have had radio silence since then, has anyone gotten an II after two months of waiting? Worried it's an R :(
I had my PI about 6 weeks before my II. It doesn't indicate good things to be waiting for a longer amount of time, but definitely isn't a death sentence. Wmed reviews holistically, so you're not out of the running. My stats are definitely below a few of their published medians and I'm not IS, but I still got my first and only (so far) II from them last week. Don't give up hope!

• Care
Experience review complete 9/13... silence since. Should I assume this is a rejection? :(

Does anyone have a rough estimate of Wmed’s post-II acceptance rate? I haven’t been able to find any insight since it’s a newer school, but I’d think that after 10 years there may be some stats available?

Does anyone have a rough estimate of Wmed’s post-II acceptance rate? I haven’t been able to find any insight since it’s a newer school, but I’d think that after 10 years there may be some stats available?
Approximately 50%.

• Love
did anyone get completely ghosted after the phone interview, granted i did terribly but just wondering

edit: i didnt read previous posts sorry for spam

Just got a phone II after being done with experiences review two months ago haha

Has anyone actually been rejected by Western? I was done in 8/14 and heard nothing. Not sure if hey do silent R or do they send Rs

Has anyone actually been rejected by Western? I was done in 8/14 and heard nothing. Not sure if hey do silent R or do they send Rs
They send post-experience review rejections. See page 7 of this thread.

Who's excited for Western Wednesday today? I personally will be refreshing my email copious times throughout the day.

Who's excited for Western Wednesday today? I personally will be refreshing my email copious times throughout the day.
Hoping to get that II. Phone II was beginning of October.

Dang, everyone's waiting for a II and I'm still waiting to get a PI :oops: my experience review wasn't complete until 10/16 though, so I probably still have some time to wait based on what I've seen in this thread so far.

Dang, everyone's waiting for a II and I'm still waiting to get a PI :oops: my experience review wasn't complete until 10/16 though, so I probably still have some time to wait based on what I've seen in this thread so far.
Mine was complete 8/31. Bring on that R baby!

Mine was complete 8/31. Bring on that R baby!
My experiences review was done 8/14... nothing here either
desert GIF

• Care
Hmmm I guess no IIs today. thought they release some every 2 weeks on wednesdays

If anyone wants a possible time for IIs to come out today, exactly 2 weeks ago Wmed sent me my first II at noon. However, I got my phone interview invite in early September around like 4pm so they don't really stick to a certain time. Also,
Hmmm I guess no IIs today. thought they release some every 2 weeks on wednesdays
If it's any consolation, I did my PI on 9/21, and expected to hear about an interview (if I got one) by 10/13 since I read that Wmed likes to release decisions on things around the 3-week mark. That Wednesday, barely any interviews went out, and my inbox was empty. Two weeks later, when I had kind of let go of some hope for an II, it showed up around noon. So take that as you will, but it seems like Wmed might release big batches of IIs each month. Definitely not an exact science, just something I've observed over the past few months of neuroticism.

For those of you who have interviewed, I have a question about the timing. My invite says that check-in begins at 12:15 ET and the interview begins at 1pm ET. Do we need to be there (on zoom) at 12:15 and sit there for 45 minutes prior to the interview? Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out what time slots I need to schedule to book an interview room at my school

For those of you who have interviewed, I have a question about the timing. My invite says that check-in begins at 12:15 ET and the interview begins at 1pm ET. Do we need to be there (on zoom) at 12:15 and sit there for 45 minutes prior to the interview? Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out what time slots I need to schedule to book an interview room at my school
Definitely don’t have to sit on the call for 45 minutes. I think I logged on at 12:50 or so and was checked in within 2 minutes.

Just got my "experience review is completed" email today. I know this means essentially nothing but it's been silence from other schools so I'm going with it. Hopefully this means a phone interview in the near future. I'm manifesting it!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my "experience review is completed" email today. I know this means essentially nothing but it's been silence from other schools so I'm going with it. Hopefully this means a phone interview in the near future. I'm manifesting it!
Hey, that's good news! Not everyone even gets to the experience review portion, which means you're a step closer to a PI and then an II! Wmed has already handed out some pre-II Rs, so you're still in the game

does "group activity" mean its a group interview, or does it mean there's gonna be an actual activity over zoom?

Experience review completed a while back. Got an email today saying that my application will not move forward :(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone stumble over their words 10 times during their PI (or just had an overall bad PI) but still get a virtual II later?