You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Western Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrawing my interview as I was accepted elsewhere closer to family. Best of luck everyone!
D
deleted1103180
Just got the A!! Interview-10/15 phone interview-9/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed135678
New Member
I just got an email saying I was put on the waitlist :/Any other Oct 14/15 interviewees hopeful for today? Approaching 3 week mark!
wormofsecrets
Full Member
+1I just got an email saying I was put on the waitlist :/
+2 ❤️I just got an email saying I was put on the waitlist :/
peppy-doctor
Full Member
+3 :')+2 ❤️
guest112233
Full Member
Same boat :'')+3 :')
D
deleted1115486
Experiences review completed 9/30 but I just realized I had only sent 2 letters of recommendation..when 3 is their minimum. Sent two more in just now but..I think that may have killed my chances 🙁
I phone interviewed in August and only heard back late last month - it's never too late!I had my phone interview on 9/8 and haven't heard anything since then. I should just assume this is an R right lmao. I felt like the phone interview went really poorly so I'm not too surprised but I wish they would just put me out of misery
I phone interviewed in August and only heard back late last month - it's never too late!
ahhh ok that's encouraging to hear at least!
Electr0phile
New Member
Got the A yesterday! My phone interview was on 9/24, virtual interview was on 10/14.
siggyztardust
New Member
I had my PI 9/7 and have had radio silence since then, has anyone gotten an II after two months of waiting? Worried it's an R 🙁
I had my PI about 6 weeks before my II. It doesn't indicate good things to be waiting for a longer amount of time, but definitely isn't a death sentence. Wmed reviews holistically, so you're not out of the running. My stats are definitely below a few of their published medians and I'm not IS, but I still got my first and only (so far) II from them last week. Don't give up hope!I had my PI 9/7 and have had radio silence since then, has anyone gotten an II after two months of waiting? Worried it's an R 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Experience review complete 9/13... silence since. Should I assume this is a rejection? 🙁
People have been rejected pre-PI so no, not yet.Experience review complete 9/13... silence since. Should I assume this is a rejection? 🙁
Approximately 50%.Does anyone have a rough estimate of Wmed’s post-II acceptance rate? I haven’t been able to find any insight since it’s a newer school, but I’d think that after 10 years there may be some stats available?
did anyone get completely ghosted after the phone interview, granted i did terribly but just wondering
edit: i didnt read previous posts sorry for spam
edit: i didnt read previous posts sorry for spam
serotonin1
Full Member
Just got a phone II after being done with experiences review two months ago haha
+1!Just got a phone II after being done with experiences review two months ago haha
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
+2Just got a phone II after being done with experiences review two months ago haha
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Has anyone actually been rejected by Western? I was done in 8/14 and heard nothing. Not sure if hey do silent R or do they send Rs
They send post-experience review rejections. See page 7 of this thread.Has anyone actually been rejected by Western? I was done in 8/14 and heard nothing. Not sure if hey do silent R or do they send Rs
Any virtual IIs today? Or just phone II?
Who's excited for Western Wednesday today? I personally will be refreshing my email copious times throughout the day.
C-M
New Member
Hoping to get that II. Phone II was beginning of October.Who's excited for Western Wednesday today? I personally will be refreshing my email copious times throughout the day.
Im in the same boat, may both of us be blessed todayHoping to get that II. Phone II was beginning of October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang, everyone's waiting for a II and I'm still waiting to get a PI 😳 my experience review wasn't complete until 10/16 though, so I probably still have some time to wait based on what I've seen in this thread so far.
hammerlindjo
Full Member
9/20 hereAny August phone interviews waiting to hear back?
Mine was complete 8/31. Bring on that R baby!Dang, everyone's waiting for a II and I'm still waiting to get a PI 😳 my experience review wasn't complete until 10/16 though, so I probably still have some time to wait based on what I've seen in this thread so far.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
My experiences review was done 8/14... nothing here eitherMine was complete 8/31. Bring on that R baby!
Early September, still waitingAny August phone interviews waiting to hear back?
If anyone wants a possible time for IIs to come out today, exactly 2 weeks ago Wmed sent me my first II at noon. However, I got my phone interview invite in early September around like 4pm so they don't really stick to a certain time. Also,
If it's any consolation, I did my PI on 9/21, and expected to hear about an interview (if I got one) by 10/13 since I read that Wmed likes to release decisions on things around the 3-week mark. That Wednesday, barely any interviews went out, and my inbox was empty. Two weeks later, when I had kind of let go of some hope for an II, it showed up around noon. So take that as you will, but it seems like Wmed might release big batches of IIs each month. Definitely not an exact science, just something I've observed over the past few months of neuroticism.Hmmm I guess no IIs today. thought they release some every 2 weeks on wednesdays
For those of you who have interviewed, I have a question about the timing. My invite says that check-in begins at 12:15 ET and the interview begins at 1pm ET. Do we need to be there (on zoom) at 12:15 and sit there for 45 minutes prior to the interview? Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out what time slots I need to schedule to book an interview room at my school
downwardbound26
Full Member
Definitely don’t have to sit on the call for 45 minutes. I think I logged on at 12:50 or so and was checked in within 2 minutes.For those of you who have interviewed, I have a question about the timing. My invite says that check-in begins at 12:15 ET and the interview begins at 1pm ET. Do we need to be there (on zoom) at 12:15 and sit there for 45 minutes prior to the interview? Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out what time slots I need to schedule to book an interview room at my school
Hey, that's good news! Not everyone even gets to the experience review portion, which means you're a step closer to a PI and then an II! Wmed has already handed out some pre-II Rs, so you're still in the gameJust got my "experience review is completed" email today. I know this means essentially nothing but it's been silence from other schools so I'm going with it. Hopefully this means a phone interview in the near future. I'm manifesting it!
"Group activity" means an actual group activity. 😉does "group activity" mean its a group interview, or does it mean there's gonna be an actual activity over zoom?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
When was your experience review complete?Experience review completed a while back. Got an email today saying that my application will not move forward 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9/27 ☹️When was your experience review complete?
That sounds like fun... Doing a "group activity" over zoom with a ravenous pack of premeds"Group activity" means an actual group activity. 😉
Experience review completed a while back. Got an email today saying that my application will not move forward 🙁
+1
+2 experience review complete 10/16Experience review completed a while back. Got an email today saying that my application will not move forward 🙁
Phase Rush
Full Member
Anyone stumble over their words 10 times during their PI (or just had an overall bad PI) but still get a virtual II later?