2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been under consideration for a phone II since 9/30, anyone know if this is a bad/good sign?
Since 8/31, you tell me.

Members don't see this ad.

just gotta ask- did you have a phone interview? also- yeah rn seems like a time when lots of schools are sending out R's :(
No phone interview. I had my experiences review complete around 9/16, then silence and R today. Best of luck to u

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have a really short experience review? Mine started 10/5 and ended 10/7 (complete date 7/24).

For people who interviewed- what’s the group activity portion of the interview like?

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning! Phone interview was completed last week!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is that the end of virtual interview offers today? Ughh

Not sure but they do seem to send them out all at once. I completed my PI 2 weeks ago and nothing on my end. Not expecting much after that awful PI interview anyway lol. Oh well

II today! Phone interviewed back in August - so don't lose hope people!!

after the third "WMed Wednesday" after my PI of not receiving an II, I thought I was finally doing ok with not getting too down on myself about it.

and then WMed sends out a tweet about their forensic pathology fellowship, aka their department that originally put them at the top of my list. Happy no bones day everyone, because this **** still HURTS.

(yes, I know that I could still get an II and that no matter where I end up attending I can still apply for that fellowship. It still hurts.)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
after the third "WMed Wednesday" after my PI of not receiving an II, I thought I was finally doing ok with not getting too down on myself about it.

and then WMed sends out a tweet about their forensic pathology fellowship, aka their department that originally put them at the top of my list. Happy no bones day everyone, because this **** still HURTS.

(yes, I know that I could still get an II and that no matter where I end up attending I can still apply for that fellowship. It still hurts.)
uh UPDATE I LITERALLY JUST GOT MY FIRST II OF THE CYCLE IM CRYING IN A COFFEE SHOP RN

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
uh UPDATE I LITERALLY JUST GOT MY FIRST II OF THE CYCLE IM CRYING IN A COFFEE SHOP RN
Congrats! Did you just get it or did you just miss it this morning haha?

Congrats! Did you just get it or did you just miss it this morning haha?
I got it just after 12pm! I even double-checked my portal after the wave of IIs this morning and saw no change, so they really only update the portal right when they email you

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my virtual II today 10 minutes ago!

I did my phone interview on 9/27 and was complete with secondaries and everything on 8/17. OOS with a 3.7 GPA and 518 MCAT

For those who got an II today, the earliest date I could sign up for was Dec 9th. Is that the same for you guys?

• Love
Just got my virtual II today 10 minutes ago!

I did my phone interview on 9/27 and was complete with secondaries and everything on 8/17. OOS with a 3.7 GPA and 518 MCAT

For those who got an II today, the earliest date I could sign up for was Dec 9th. Is that the same for you guys?
same, thats the date i saw too

Just got an II!! It looks like they are still sending out II today! Phone interview complete on 10/19

II today! Phone interview was done on 10/20. Earliest was a December interview though.

Do they send out phone interview invites on different days than II??

Congrads to everyone who got an II, I applied Wmed late, experience review completed early OCT and just received a phone interview, it seems they send many II and some phone interviews today! Wmed is a great school and good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Phone interview today! LM75, OOS, Complete 7/30. Experience review complete 8/14

Phone interview today! LM75, OOS, Complete 7/30. Experience review complete 8/14
Thank you for giving me hope! I was complete 9/14, and my experience review was complete 9/30. I rlly hoped I'd hear back sometime this month but maybe not :(

Phone interview today too! Experience review complete 9/29. I'm really excited to experience this whack phone interview y'all have been talking about.

II today! Phone interview was 9/28. OOS applicant but serving through AmeriCorps in MI with some ties to SW MI region. Thought my phone interview went really badly so am happily surprised! If you walk out of phone interview feeling like it didn’t go well, don’t lose hope everyone!

Got a phone interview invite today, complete 8/18. However, I am looking to withdraw my application. I can't find a withdraw feature in the portal. Is the preferred way by email? Thanks and best of luck to everyone this cycle

Got a phone interview invite today, complete 8/18. However, I am looking to withdraw my application. I can't find a withdraw feature in the portal. Is the preferred way by email? Thanks and best of luck to everyone this cycle
I'd email them if you can't find anything in the portal. The admissions office are really nice and I'm sure they won't mind.

Congrats to all of the PIs and IIs today!

Hey future doctors, current M1 taking a study break from my exam that's tomorrow, my DMs are open if you have any questions, but I probably won't reply until tomorrow afternoon when I'll be done with this exam. Best of luck to you all in this application cycle!!

Hey future doctors, current M1 taking a study break from my exam that's tomorrow, my DMs are open if you have any questions, but I probably won't reply until tomorrow afternoon when I'll be done with this exam. Best of luck to you all in this application cycle!!
I am confused about the phone interview, is it going to be like a med school interview (Why med, etc)? or Is it gonna to be more like a job interview asking those situational questions? Never have phone interview before, kind of curious...I would really appreciate if you can give some advise!

• Care
Got a phone II yesterday, I turned it down because I've been accepted to some of my top choices.

I am confused about the phone interview, is it going to be like a med school interview (Why med, etc)? or Is it gonna to be more like a job interview asking those situational questions? Never have phone interview before, kind of curious...I would really appreciate if you can give some advise!
Without disclosing anything confidential, I’d say the interview is sort of a mix of a typical medical school interview and a job interview. Having some anecdotal stories in your mind is helpful. I would practice answering common interview questions and record your audio. Think about tone, voice inflection, and how you come across from your voice alone. Send some of your practice recordings to friends/family/etc. who can also tell you how you come across. Your typical interview prep for med schools will help, but there are some questions not designed to be able to prepare for. Make sure to take a deep breath and take your time to compose your thoughts on the real deal. You got this!

does anyone know how many people are admitted after the interview for the incoming class of roughly 80-90?