2021-2022 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a Match List thread here: #1
Look at the top post and you will see the links to threads from other years that you can select.
We only list what SDN members share with us, so the list will not be comprehensive.
Wisconsin has never been on there, at least from what I could tell from the years I've looked at it. And from the discussions going on here it appears students aren't actually allowed to share Wisconsin's match lists.

Members don't see this ad.

Wisconsin has never been on there, at least from what I could tell from the years I've looked at it. And from the discussions going on here it appears students aren't actually allowed to share Wisconsin's match lists.
I didn't do your searching for ya, just providing a spot to look!
The schools can ask students to keep the lists private, some do

Reactions: 1 users
Spoke to admissions today and they said we'll hear an update next week about the WL. Fingers crossed for a good rank and lots of movement!
If I cross my fingers and toes will that help my ranking position??? Looks like last years SDN someone posted that they got off of the waitlist at #19 IS. Granted not everyone is on SDN and sometimes those on SDN still don't post. Come on waitlist movement!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL i'm right there with ya!!! When I was on the phone with the director, he said they'll also let us know our chances. Idk what that exactly entails but he said it will likely come out next week

LOL i'm right there with ya!!! When I was on the phone with the director, he said they'll also let us know our chances. Idk what that exactly entails but he said it will likely come out next week
At one point the admissions director explained that they give you your rank and then tell you the likelihood that a person in that position in previous years was ultimately accepted. I thought that was a nice piece of information to have. I can't wait for my rank!

Reactions: 3 users
can anyone who got an A give a little insight on the phone number you were called from? I just got a call from madison and missed it so I'm trying to figure out if the school was calling me

• Wow
can anyone who got an A give a little insight on the phone number you were called from? I just got a call from madison and missed it so I'm trying to figure out if the school was calling me
Mine had a Madison (608) area code!

yeah mine had 608 also but when I tried to call back it would just ring forever. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

yeah mine had 608 also but when I tried to call back it would just ring forever. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
seems like it could be good news!! were you on the WL or still awaiting decision?

Check your status online to see if accepted.

I was on the WL, and no change in the status on the portal
wow, fingers crossed you're in then! was it oos or is WL? i dont think the portal changes until you get the official email but not sure tbh

It says it’s from the dept of public health for Madison and Dane counties…but I don’t think that’s affiliated with the school. And I am IS

Members don't see this ad :)
It says it’s from the dept of public health for Madison and Dane counties…but I don’t think that’s affiliated with the school. And I am
Keep checking status on portal. I would think if they called you they would have an answering service so you could get back. Also ranking in WL doesn't start until next week so I am not sure what to tell you.

Keep checking status on portal. I would think if they called you they would have an answering service so you could get back. Also ranking in WL doesn't start until next week so I am not sure what to tell you.
Maybe it was just spam

Maybe it was just spam
They would definitely have left a message if it was legit. I remember getting several spam calls spoofed from the 608 area code last year, right around the time I was waiting to hear back and I hated it so much. Not surprising, being in state, to get that area code though!

Hello fellow waitlisters - I called admissions today and the person said they would like to have waitlist positions out in the next 7-10 business days so that people can make informed decisions. Hope that helps those who are anxiously waiting.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got rejected off the waitlist. Hopefully others will get better news.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS WL/alternate position received, in the mid-20s and apparently there are multiple people at the same position as well? seems like it might be over for me

OOS WL/alternate position received, in the mid-20s and apparently there are multiple people at the same position as well? seems like it might be over for me
I’m OOS and withdrawing from here today so there’s a spot! They only offered me loans and I’m first gen, urm, and low income so I’m sure other OOS students will withdraw if they have better financial aid offers elsewhere. Best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For those who are accepted and didn't see the Facebook update today: they moved the first day of class from August 15 to the following Monday (August 22).

White Coat is always the first Friday of the first week of school so White Coat is now Friday August 26 (instead of August 19). They moved the start of school because a lot of the leases in Madison start August 15, so they pushed it back to accommodate.

For those looking, I was able to find leases with a July 1, July 15, or August 1 start date when I looked west of the undergrad campus (closer to the med school). Hopes this helps those who will be attending in the fall!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just curious if anyone else has not received their WL/alternative position? Previous years' threads don't mention any sort of partial release.

Just curious if anyone else has not received their WL/alternative position? Previous years' threads don't mention any sort of partial release.
Give them a call and check! I don't know if they do a partial release but the email says they've completed reviewing and scoring for this cycle. The admissions office is usually really helpful when I've called

With the deadline coming up, has there been any movement to the OOS WL this week?

With the deadline coming up, has there been any movement to the OOS WL this week?
2 new people joined the Facebook group this week, not sure if they’re OOS or in state but there’s at least some movement

Withdrawing my A + scholarship. Good luck everyone, UW SMPH is a great school!

I was told Facebook page has 209 members today. Looks like UW did over accept alot of students which may explain lack of movement of the wait list. We'll see.

I was told Facebook page has 209 members today. Looks like UW did over accept alot of students which may explain lack of movement of the wait list. We'll see.
not in the group but i just checked and it's down a few people now, looks like some more have joined this past week too though so there's some movement but yeah compared to previous threads it seems quiet

edit: lol literally minutes after posting this a few more joined, so stay hopeful!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just withdrew earlier today! Best of luck to those waiting!

got off the waitlist and I have never been happier!!!!!!!!! There's still hope guys! Also for those admitted- I still have to take an intensive writing course this summer before we start but I'm really struggling. What did y'all take to satisfy this requirement? None of my undergrad classes counted.

got off the waitlist and I have never been happier!!!!!!!!! There's still hope guys! Also for those admitted- I still have to take an intensive writing course this summer before we start but I'm really struggling. What did y'all take to satisfy this requirement? None of my undergrad classes counted.
CONGRATS!!!

If you don’t mind me asking what was your approx position and you were IS right?

As of 5:23 pm today, there are 207 members on the accepted Facebook group. (7 of these members are admin or current students). So 200 accepted students on the FB group.

There are 52 members on the Class of 2026 Slack. It was specifically stated that only students who officially committed to enroll to UWSMPH through AMCAS should join the Slack. The post with the link to the Slack was seen by 153 people from the FB group. I don't know how much stock (if any) anyone should put into these numbers, but I thought I would pass along the information if case someone finds it useful.

I committed to enroll on the first day, but I'm not sure if that is normal or not for most students. So I don't know when students should realistically expect movement. My fingers are crossed for movement soon for everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance! I received mine yesterday so I'll see you there!!! I suggest contacting the admissions team to find out which classes will count towards the requirement. You definitely do not want to take a class that doesn't count.

Oh interesting, but also really confusing. It makes me wonder what the point is of having a ranked waitlist. Happy for the people who are accepted and goodluck to everyone else!

Evidently, they pulled 18 and mid 20 from the wait-list last Tues and Weds in this forum. Even though they said and wrote they were picking numerically from low to high, they did otherwise as there others much lower in Alt priority number they ignored. Have no clue what they are doing anymore.
Could it be from IS vs OOS? I’m on the OOS list in the mid 20s and haven’t heard anything. But if you think you might’ve gotten skipped over it might be worth calling, best of luck to you and everyone else here waiting!

Has anybody else been accepted off the waitlist and feel comfortable sharing a ballpark number of what they were ranked? Anybody else have any insight?

Last edited:
I believe in the truth, but only have observations not a claim to verify. I have been told in state reg. MD list. Thus, potentially, I am not only one skipped over. My Alt list position <10. If it is true they violate their own rules, it makes them unworthy. I will not call Adcom as I am happy for those accepted and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that. A doctor should be concerned for the well being of others even over one self.
I just feel like UWSMPH has had a pretty transparent process thus far so it may be some kind of mistake or misunderstanding with the traffic rules so that’s why I said reach out. If it is somehow a mistake I doubt it would jeopardize anything and the school would try to fix it! Or at least that’s what I hope would happen

Also, another possibility is that maybe some haven’t received their acceptance yet? I know throughout interview season some people would get calls, some would just receive emails when they send them all out at once

Here is how Adcom says the alternate list Traffic Rules works with a candidate who hasn't CTE anywhere:

There are four possible alternate lists, one for each admissions pathway:

a) Regular MD, Wisconsin resident
b) Regular MD, nonresident
c) MSTP
d) Wisconsin Academy for Rural Medicine

I. Each alternate list is ordered by the scores applicants received from the committee at their final review. **There are no other considerations.**

II. Offers are made in ascending order from the alternate list corresponding to admissions pathway which has a vacancy.

III. If there are multiple applicants with the same score and fewer spots to offer, we choose randomly from those at the same rank

**all words including this sentence made by Adcom**

Note: Facebook site: 206 members, a size similar to 2021 final fb site. jk111517 says slack list at Wed May 27 is 106. Final class size will be 176, approx 4:1 instate to OOS.

Last edited:
Has anyone OOS heard anything or any idea where the WL is at? thanks!

Just got the email saying class is full and they made no WL offers this yr so my position didn't even change. It was fun while it lasted, maybe next cycle!! good luck everyone

• Wow
  • Care
Just got the email saying class is full and they made no WL offers this yr so my position didn't even change. It was fun while it lasted, maybe next cycle!! good luck everyone

From Adcom:

We are nearing the end of the "Commit to Enroll" window for UWSMPH. We require admitted applicants to commit by June 1. As of this writing, we have a full class of 176. A small handful of those applicants ultimately may elect to matriculate elsewhere. However we expect very few, if any, positions to become available going forward.

At this point, we are not culling our alternate lists any further. Since we have made virtually no offers to this point, your original alternate list position still holds.

Thus, we much conclude this cycle is pretty much over for UWSMPH.

Last edited: