2021-2022 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have to do anything to accept a WL position? Or is that in April?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we have to do anything to accept a WL position? Or is that in April?
I think it's always a good idea to confirm via a brief email that you would like to take your position on the WL and remain under consideration for the school.

Reactions: 3 users
For those that got a scholarship already, had you already turned in FAFSA by the time your scholarship was awarded?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got a scholarship already, had you already turned in FAFSA by the time your scholarship was awarded?
I did, my FAFSA was done late last year I think and I got the scholarship with the acceptance call this year.

Reactions: 2 users

I filled my FAFSA out on the 3rd but it wasn’t processed until I got the call about my scholarship. They did say on the call that the scholarship was separate from the normal financial aid package though

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how generous UWSMPH is with scholarships for OOS students?

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting from 2/2-2/4. Crossing my fingers this is my top choice!

Just got the call! First call for an acceptance, it was so nice to experience that (others were email). I interviewed 2/10 btw! I was offered a very generous scholarship as well during the call!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call! First call for an acceptance, it was so nice to experience that (others were email). I interviewed 2/10 btw! I was offered a very generous scholarship as well during the call!
Congrats!!! looks like we may have to wait another week or two if you guys are just now hearing back

Congrats!!! looks like we may have to wait another week or two if you guys are just now hearing back
I also interviewed 2/16-2/18 and I still haven't heard back!! I feel like we will hear back next week if 2/10 and 2/3 are just hearing back now.

OOS WL just now, interviewed 2/17. Pretty bummed since this was my last chance and seems like OOS WL rarely moves :/

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
IS WL, disappointed doesn't cover it. Under grad completed here. Congrats to all A, now let's hope for waitlist movement!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL just now, interviewed 2/17. Pretty bummed since this was my last chance and seems like OOS WL rarely moves :/
Hey! Last year they said they went very deep into the OOS WL. I do recall them saying it was not normal but that WL movement for OOS does occur. Best of luck to you.

Hey! Last year they said they went very deep into the OOS WL. I do recall them saying it was not normal but that WL movement for OOS does occur. Best of luck to you.
i wasn't too sure about last year but that's really good to hear

Does anybody have access to this year's UW Match List?

Not a comprehensive list, but this is what has been shared in the Facebook group for those accepted. 170 students matched, not sure if they got a 100% match rate or not. I get the general sentiment that public schools take time to release match lists sometimes ?

I've tried looking for their 2020 and 2021 match lists but can't find anything :/ I came across their 2019 list once via Google but can't find it anymore. They're not available to the public I assume...

Not a comprehensive list, but this is what has been shared in the Facebook group for those accepted. 170 students matched, not sure if they got a 100% match rate or not. I get the general sentiment that public schools take time to release match lists sometimes ?
Some of them don't seem to release full match lists at all, and from what I've gathered over the last few years looking from the outside in, SMPH might be one of those schools. They release a similar page on their website each year, but beyond the broad statistics that they give, and the few stories they highlight, their overall match statistics seem like a bit of a mystery compared to some other schools who list each matched student and the program they matched into. If someone does have that information for SMPH, I'd love to have a look.

For those on the waitlist did you send an email/ letter of intent? Also does anyone have any insight to the movement on the IS waitlist? They said they wont rank until late april ahhh thats so long

For those on the waitlist did you send an email/ letter of intent? Also does anyone have any insight to the movement on the IS waitlist? They said they wont rank until late april ahhh thats so long
Not on the waitlist but it has been stated in the portal and emails that they do not accept post-interview updates or LOIs

Some of them don't seem to release full match lists at all, and from what I've gathered over the last few years looking from the outside in, SMPH might be one of those schools. They release a similar page on their website each year, but beyond the broad statistics that they give, and the few stories they highlight, their overall match statistics seem like a bit of a mystery compared to some other schools who list each matched student and the program they matched into. If someone does have that information for SMPH, I'd love to have a look.
Once you matriculate/get access to oasis you will have full access to the match lists (2009-current)

Once you matriculate/get access to oasis you will have full access to the match lists (2009-current)
If there are any current students on this forum, can someone post the 2022 match list? With the PTE deadline coming up in a few weeks, it would be helpful to see the match data prior to matriculation :)

Does anyone know when the financial aid package comes out? Also is it mainly just loans?

If there are any current students on this forum, can someone post the 2022 match list? With the PTE deadline coming up in a few weeks, it would be helpful to see the match data prior to matriculation :)
Hi! We are not permitted to distribute the match lists but I can share that our match rate is higher than the US MD average of 93%. DM me if you have a specific concern.

Have all decisions been released yet for this interview cycle? When do they start pulling from waitlists?

Have all decisions been released yet for this interview cycle? When do they start pulling from waitlists?
Interviewees from the last week of February (the very last interview day of this application cycle) still need to receive a decision.

Source: me, who is in this interview cohort 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewees from the last week of February (the very last interview day of this application cycle) still need to receive a decision.

Source, me, who is in this interview cohort 😭
Ahhhh. Goodluck!! Wonder what the hold up is 😩

I think they'll prob release more decisions next week via email since it's been like every other week. There's a chance someone can come off the waitlist based on past posts/threads but for most of us it'll be in April. I reached out recently and they said i'll have my final decision by mid-April but the WL email said end of April for our ranks so idk what to expect. I think we'll know more by end of April for sure tho

Thanks! During our interview day, they said that we would hear back during "the last week of March." Initially, I was hoping that they meant the last full week of March (i.e, last week), but it's looking like they probably meant this week.

Last edited:

Source: me, who is in this interview cohort 😭

Also chiming in to say that I interviewed mid-Feb and am also still waiting to hear back!

Just got waitlisted here 😢

• Care
Did they run out of open slots for last group interviewers? Anyone accepted for week of Feb 24th interviewers?

Did they run out of open slots for last group interviewers? Anyone accepted for week of Feb 24th interviewers?
i'm sure someone did, i checked the fb group over the weekend and it said 15 ppl joined over the last week

For anyone who is wondering, there are 206 members in the accepted fb group as of today. (This includes 2 admin and 5 current medical students.) So ~199 accepted students so far, though I'm sure there are probably a few accepted students that don't use fb and have not joined the group.

Last edited:
For anyone who is wondering, there are 206 members in the accepted fb group as of today. (This includes 2 admin and 5 current medical students.) So ~299 accepted students so far, though I'm sure there are probably a few accepted students that don't use fb and have not joined the group.
Last year's class was 176. Something is off

Last year's class was 176. Something is off
Most med schools over accept to prepare for the withdraws that come near the end of April. So it will be above 176 now but by fall it will be the correct number.

UWSPH doesn't over accept according to past posts and their twitter. They only give out slots they have open
Twitter didn’t say they do not over accept, they said they offer acceptances to each interview group.

Last year's (2021) fb group had 213 members, 2020 had 229 members so it seems pretty on par. I know it doesn't account for people without FBs and people who may leave the group after withdrawing but I wonder if it's any indication of the WL movement or lack thereof

Has anyone in the regular MD program received a financial aid package yet, or created a netID? I have spoken with some folks at the WARM program who have gotten these things set-up, and I wanted to know if there is something I am missing/am behind on, or if the timing is just different for those in the regular program? I haven't been able to find any way to set-up my netID as I don't have an 'ID Number or Activation Key'.

I'm sure they will go over this sort of stuff in the second look day this weekend, but I'd appreciate any information people have. For reference my FAFSA was processed months ago and have already done the Wisconsin residency thing.

Has anyone in the regular MD program received a financial aid package yet, or created a netID? I have spoken with some folks at the WARM program who have gotten these things set-up, and I wanted to know if there is something I am missing/am behind on, or if the timing is just different for those in the regular program? I haven't been able to find any way to set-up my netID as I don't have an 'ID Number or Activation Key'.

I'm sure they will go over this sort of stuff in the second look day this weekend, but I'd appreciate any information people have. For reference my FAFSA was processed months ago and have already done the Wisconsin residency thing.
I got an email last month about needing to submit some verification documents. Shortly after that I was emailed my ID number and was able to set up a netID. I got my aid offer a few days later (regular MD). I know another applicant here also got their offer last month too. We're both OOS. Definitely reach out to MD Admissions about your ID number and to the SMPH financial aid staff. Both offices have been extremely responsive and helpful

I got an email last month about needing to submit some verification documents. Shortly after that I was emailed my ID number and was able to set up a netID. I got my aid offer a few days later (regular MD). I know another applicant here also got their offer last month too. We're both OOS. Definitely reach out to MD Admissions about your ID number and to the SMPH financial aid staff. Both offices have been extremely responsive and helpful
Thank you, I even double checked on the application portal where there's a copy of all the things they have emailed me and there's nothing there. Looks like I may have just fallen through the cracks. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough. Thank you for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

Spoke to admissions today and they said we'll hear an update next week about the WL. Fingers crossed for a good rank and lots of movement!

• Love
Does anyone have Wisconsin's previous Match lists?
There's a Match List thread here: #1
Look at the top post and you will see the links to threads from other years that you can select.
We only list what SDN members share with us, so the list will not be comprehensive.