2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II recieved! 501, 3.79 cgpa

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at numbers from previous years and their facts sheet it’s something like 44% post-interview acceptance. Someone correct me if they know otherwise.
thanks for your response! could you send me where you are getting this info from?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview for later this month. Was checking to see if anyone else did as well? Little nervous about this school after reading this thread...
my interview is 09/27. if i get in tho I doubt i'll go here

received an interview invitation on 8/29, scheduled for 9/21 AHHH!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Secondary submitted 7/15, received the complete email on Aug 3rd

Accepted, interviewed 8/30! Going to take the acceptance and cancel interviews at other schools

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted, interviewed 8/30! Going to take the acceptance and cancel interviews at other schools
Don’t cancel interviews at other schools you can use it as leverage!!

I second this. If you have all the opportunities, gobble them up!! You have no idea what your other interviews will yield you in terms of mesh with the culture, financial aid, etc. I know it’s exhausting but don’t cut yourself short just yet :)

Reactions: 4 users
A this morning!!!!! I missed the call cause I was at work but they left a voicemail. I still can’t believe it, it’s my first A and I’m gonna be a doctor

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I second this. If you have all the opportunities, gobble them up!! You have no idea what your other interviews will yield you in terms of mesh with the culture, financial aid, etc. I know it’s exhausting but don’t cut yourself short just yet :)
This school is unique in that you have to rank your CHC choices in order of preference and the sooner you make the list and pay the deposit the better your chances of getting your desired CHC. This schools a great fit for my family and I. I’d like to pass on my interview invites to others as well as my acceptance to another school.
Stats were OOS, 3.7 cgpa 3.6 sgpa, 502 mcat, received 6 II before end of August.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how we can contact students who attend CHCs and learn about their experiences?

This school is unique in that you have to rank your CHC choices in order of preference and the sooner you make the list and pay the deposit the better your chances of getting your desired CHC. This schools a great fit for my family and I. I’d like to pass on my interview invites to others as well as my acceptance to another school.
Stats were OOS, 3.7 cgpa 3.6 sgpa, 502 mcat, received 6 II before end of August.

Makes sense. So happy that you found a school that you and your family will prosper in. Best of luck to you!!

That’s pretty smart. I keep thinking about that as well. I have an A at a different school. I’m tempted to just take it and not worry about other II. I may just wait until I have to pay the deposit in December and not look back.

That’s pretty smart. I keep thinking about that as well. I have an A at a different school. I’m tempted to just take it and not worry about other II. I may just wait until I have to pay the deposit in December and not look back.
Yea, I think waiting till the deposit deadline is a fair option as well. I just know out of all the schools I applied to this one works best for me, so I’ll go ahead and withdraw from the others. Time to relax lol.

I was recently accepted to ATSU- SOMA. When do we receive our scholarship offers? Also, I am struggling with what factors I should be considering when picking a CHC? Is there any benefit in picking a CHC site that is also a residency site? Is there any risk in picking a site that is relatively new like the Witchita falls campus? or the Hawai Campus?

Does anyone know what interview format is used now that the interviews are conducted over zoom? Is it MMI or Traditional? I can't find a direct answer online. Thanks!

Just know how to answer the most basic questions like why doc, why DO, why this school, what/where you wanna practice. Try to banter/create chemistry with your interviewers. Always smile, be humble, be approachable and you should be golden.

anyone who interviewed on 9/7 hear anything back?

"Thank you for your participation and interest in ATSU/School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona. Admissions will follow up with you within 3-5 weeks. We reach out via telephone if Accepted, and by email, if not Accepted. When notified of acceptance you will be either Conditional (if pending pre-requisites) or Full Accept. You will also receive a survey for you to give us your feedback. We hope you take the time to look through the various resources prior to your interview and wish you the best of luck! "

Anyone know which CHC sites are filled up??
I would be surprised if any are filled up already, after December is when things get more solidified really as some people will not meet the deposit deadline and their CHC spot will open up. From what I’ve been told, the CA and AZ spots fill up first usually though.

Yea, I think waiting till the deposit deadline is a fair option as well. I just know out of all the schools I applied to this one works best for me, so I’ll go ahead and withdraw from the others. Time to relax lol.
What are your reasons for choosing this school over your other options? I’m curious because others have posted negative comments about the school and I would like to hear what draws some people to it. Interviewing here in a couple weeks!

What are your reasons for choosing this school over your other options? I’m curious because others have posted negative comments about the school and I would like to hear what draws some people to it. Interviewing here in a couple weeks!

Some things that led to me choosing this school over others:

1. I really like the CHC model starting at the 2nd year. Once accepted, you get access to presentations on each CHC and quite a few of them show some great opportunities that I believe will be helpful towards becoming a strong physician and good candidate for residency. The sooner you can get clinical exposure, the better, and with some of the CHC's also being residency locations I think will allow for some strong connections to be made.

2. I am enthusiastic for a PBL curriculum model. In undergrad, I dreaded mandatory lecture attendance because I absolutely do not learn from traditional lecture styles. I would attend class, drone through lecture and then go home to re-teach myself everything. PBL seems like just the type of model for someone like me who can learn things my own way with my own strategy and then go and collaborate with other students to strengthen my knowledge.

3. More of a personal reason but I am non-trad and have a family. Being able to do long distance for one year and then only moving my family once for 3 years is ideal. With large dogs and pet deposits, dealing with 2 rounds of rental applications with a 2 and 2 year model like most DO schools was something I was sweating. Now I can knock out that first year by myself in Mesa, and then move my family with me for those 3 years and possibly stay in one spot if I get lucky with staying for residency. The whole elimination of mystery is nice when you have more than just yourself to worry about. Other schools its like, well I know where we will be those first 2 years, but the 2nd 2 years who knows?

4. Match rates are solid and school name is reputable. It's not the cheapest but also not the most expensive. The school is well established and I think as long as you do your research on the CHC's, you will achieve a solid education and get where you need to go.