2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did this school end up going on the list? Their match rate looks pretty good to me.
It's not on my Bad Boy list, I just don't have it on my "I recommend" lists.

Members don't see this ad.

I think ATSU-SOMA's strong suits are highly dependent on quality of CHC. If you get a location like San Ysidro (san diego) or Mesa Arizona with Adelante Healthcare, you have the opportunity for strong clinical rotations in your 3rd year and 4th year. As for preclinical years, i guess we'll have to use a lot more 3rd party materials to prepare for comlex/STEP.

Reactions: 2 users
dumb question but...

"Describe any hrs/week of employment that may have coincided/impacted your academic work during each semester." I don't have to answer this right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here recently and I'm a little confused on acceptances and the waitlist rn. The admissions officer was saying how the class is 'full' as in they already gave out160 acceptances. She said you can still get an acceptance since obviously not all students will be accepting. then there's the actual waitlist. I'm confused on what if they give out too many acceptances? If someone were to get an A rn, is it conditional on if someone denies the program?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed here recently and I'm a little confused on acceptances and the waitlist rn. The admissions officer was saying how the class is 'full' as in they already gave out160 acceptances. She said you can still get an acceptance since obviously not all students will be accepting. then there's the actual waitlist. I'm confused on what if they give out too many acceptances? If someone were to get an A rn, is it conditional on if someone denies the program?
I was “accepted pending open seat” last year which led to a full acceptance a couple weeks later. I do believe they’re known to give out more acceptances but as the year goes on people decide to go elsewhere & seats open up. If you are accepted pending an open seat, and one does not open up, you are given a seat in the next class.

I was “accepted pending open seat” last year which led to a full acceptance a couple weeks later. I do believe they’re known to give out more acceptances but as the year goes on people decide to go elsewhere & seats open up. If you are accepted pending an open seat, and one does not open up, you are given a seat in the next class.
Ah I see! Thank you so much for the clarification :)

Any current students care to share their experiences with the new curriculum?

Members don't see this ad :)
whats the alternate list ? is that the same as the pending open seat ?
@premedjunky did a great job in explaining. The main difference is that with the pending open seat, if the class gets filled, then you would automatically be accepted into the next year's class. with the alternate list, its more like a traditional waitlist and you would have to reapply if not accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
How they already Accept all the students and their deadline is well into 2023?

Accepted pending open seat! Apparently, we won't know until December 15th when the deposit is due.

Does anyone know if the Tucson CHC is filled yet? I live here now and would love to come back.

Accepted pending open seat! Apparently, we won't know until December 15th when the deposit is due.

Does anyone know if the Tucson CHC is filled yet? I live here now and would love to come back.
When did u interview?

Uhhhh anyone get an email from the office of diversity? I already completed a secondary???

Does anyone know about the San Ysidro CHC?

Uhhhh anyone get an email from the office of diversity? I already completed a secondary???
I did as well. It's like they were alluding to an interview. I sent my secondary back in June. I don't know why they sent me this.

I did as well. It's like they were alluding to an interview. I sent my secondary back in June. I don't know why they sent me this.
Yea it’s so weird, “we wish you the best if you get a secondary” like I got it a while ago lmao

I think ATSU-SOMA's strong suits are highly dependent on quality of CHC. If you get a location like San Ysidro (san diego) or Mesa Arizona with Adelante Healthcare, you have the opportunity for strong clinical rotations in your 3rd year and 4th year. As for preclinical years, i guess we'll have to use a lot more 3rd party materials to prepare for comlex/STEP.
Which are the best CHCs? Does the Brooklyn site have strong rotations??

Interviewing next week. Any advice / tips on how to best prepare? Thanks!

Does anyone know how likely you are to get a full acceptance if you've been offered an A pending an open seat?

Does anyone know how likely you are to get a full acceptance if you've been offered an A pending an open seat?
I would say this early it’s almost guaranteed you will get an acceptance.

I was accepted pending open seat last year in like February & was eventually fully accepted.

If you don’t mind sharing, we’re you able to get your top CHC site? I am currently waitlisted and have some reservations about going to a CHC lower on my list.

What are the "top" CHC sites? I'm sure everyone has personal preference, but would be great to know if there is some established hierarchy already in place

If you don’t mind sharing, we’re you able to get your top CHC site? I am currently waitlisted and have some reservations about going to a CHC lower on my list.
Yes! Originally I was given one that was low on my list but I moved up the list to my top 2 pretty quickly. I honestly wouldn’t worry at all.

Any current students I could message? I have some questions about the change in curriculum.

I just got the call for the A pending open seat today, but I never received an email even though I was told it would be sent soon. How long did it take to receive the email after the A?

• Love
Got an email for the Alternate list today. Interviewed last week.
Anyone know if people actually get accepted from the alternate list?

Am wondering the same thing
Any current students I could message? I have some questions about the change in curriculum.
You can ask me any questions you want about current curriculum, but as this school has just gotten in trouble with COCA over the current curriculum, i am not sure how much my current curriculum will change for your class.

You can ask me any questions you want about current curriculum, but as this school has just gotten in trouble with COCA over the current curriculum, i am not sure how much my current curriculum will change for your class.
Could you expound on what got them in trouble with the curriculum?

Could you expound on what got them in trouble with the curriculum?
Students were brutally honest on our COCA surveys about the subpar curriculum, and COCA demanded that SOMA revise the curriculum by December. However, SOMA has yet to make any real changes

I am a current student here so anyone feel free to message me with questions on the curriculum or general school experiences. Happy to help.

Students were brutally honest on our COCA surveys about the subpar curriculum, and COCA demanded that SOMA revise the curriculum by December. However, SOMA has yet to make any real changes
They're not changing the curriculum per se, just making necessary adjustments imo.