2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted! I interviewed 9/7!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
just received an II! I could only schedule for 11/01? Anyone else have this issue? If I want to reschedule to a closer date it doesn't let me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, secondary complete 8/15, II 8/23, interview 9/13 and ACCEPTANCE CALL 9/21!!🙌🎉💯

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
just received an II! I could only schedule for 11/01? Anyone else have this issue? If I want to reschedule to a closer date it doesn't let me.
Yup once you select a date it doesn’t let you see or select any other

When I scheduled last month the closest interview times were at least 3 weeks out.

Accepted, interviewed 8/30! Going to take the acceptance and cancel interviews at other schools
congrats! how was your interview experience ? appreciate any information ...interview coming up next month

congrats! how was your interview experience ? appreciate any information ...interview coming up next month
theres two one on one interviews and the questions are dependent on who interviews you

@somidian Congratulations!! are both interviews with faculty or is it one with a student as well? also im guessing it's a traditional type of interview?

congrats ! I'm interviewing next month. Anything I should look out for , any specific questions they asked?
Congrats on your interview. Good luck. We are under NDA’s. Someone posted some advice earlier in the thread! I was happy to receive my 1st choice CHC yesterday!👍

Congrats ! Are the clinical rotations only at chc’s or will there also be hospital rotations? Also what’s NDA’s I’m kind of new to sdn

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ! Are the clinical rotations only at chc’s or will there also be hospital rotations? Also what’s NDA’s I’m kind of new to sdn
Non-disclosure agreement! Basically, we can't discuss anything about the interview.

Anyone who is a first year know if SOMA has a cadaver lab or is it virtual anatomy?

Thank you! I felt pretty good, connected with one of my interviewers much more than the other but it was standard.
I interviewed yesterday and had the same experience! One was warm, friendly, supportive and it felt very conversational. The other one was pretty cold, really pushed me hard on why DO, and didn't warm up to me until like the last 5 minutes and only because I asked him questions about his journey.... kind of disappointed in that interaction.

I interviewed yesterday and had the same experience! One was warm, friendly, supportive and it felt very conversational. The other one was pretty cold, really pushed me hard on why DO, and didn't warm up to me until like the last 5 minutes and only because I asked him questions about his journey.... kind of disappointed in that interaction.

Nice ! Did they ask the typical why d.o and tell me about yourself questions .. or was it more trying to get to know you through a conversation. I had an interview where they just “wanted to get to know me” but it ended up being a one sided conversation with me doing all the talking -where’s the conversation in that ?

Nice ! Did they ask the typical why d.o and tell me about yourself questions .. or was it more trying to get to know you through a conversation. I had an interview where they just “wanted to get to know me” but it ended up being a one sided conversation with me doing all the talking -where’s the conversation in that ?

Same here! And I was unaware that this was open file, which maybe I just missed that part and it’s in me? But one of the interviewers asked me about my letters of Rec since I had MDs and no DOs. They kinda seemed fixated on that for me.

Same here! And I was unaware that this was open file, which maybe I just missed that part and it’s in me? But one of the interviewers asked me about my letters of Rec since I had MDs and no DOs. They kinda seemed fixated on that for me.
How was your interview experience with soma? my last interview was closed file and the interviewer mentioned that to me before we started the interview. I guess when it's open file they get to ask more questions about your application vs. closed file, You have to bring up key points in your application?

accepted today 10/05! interviewed 09/27

how long after the acceptance call did you guys get the email?

how was everyone's experience interviewing at this school? Not asking for any questions but what was the vibe you felt, etc?

how was everyone's experience interviewing at this school? Not asking for any questions but what was the vibe you felt, etc?
They felt unsure themselves of their curriculum lol and kinda trying to convince you that it’s good

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who is a first year know if SOMA has a cadaver lab or is it virtual anatomy?

Interviewed at SOMA last year and they said it was virtual. It's kind of neat with 3d glasses and stuff but it ain't cadavers.

is pbl that bad compared to traditional learning styles?
it's a lot more time consuming. it depends on the person but although you maty retain things better because its active learning versus passive, you kinda are self studying through med school completely in the sense that they dont even tell you what you need to know on the topic

it's a lot more time consuming. it depends on the person but although you maty retain things better because its active learning versus passive, you kinda are self studying through med school completely in the sense that they dont even tell you what you need to know on the topic

Thanks for the info

Question - is MST and Pacific Time the same or one hour apart? the internet showed two different results, so I would really appreciate if anyone could confirm!

AZ doesn't do daylight savings, so they're 3 hours behind Eastern till the clocks change in november, then 2 hours behind Eastern from november to march

Here is an accepted students GroupMe! Feel free to join.

You're invited to my new group 'ATSU-SOMA Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Cancelled my interview for next week. If someone’s looking for an earlier session I would inquire!

Ok so I'm checking my status and the "notes" section for all categories all say completed 8/4/22 except for the last category (Application Completed) which only has the check mark but no notes.

I also have not heard anything since submitting my secondary app. Would y'all advise I contact the admissions office or at least send a letter of continued interest their way?

@paradoxic_toxic

Sudden curriculum changes in the middle of a course

Can you elaborate on this?

Have OMM shoved down your throats by professors who drank the osteopathy Kool-Aid

That's true of EVERY DO school!

So, should SOMA go on the Bad Boy list? I'm going to hunt down the match/COMLEX stats now

Did this school end up going on the list? Their match rate looks pretty good to me.