2022-2023 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @Rommel1944 for sharing this year’s questions!

2022-2023 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Secondary Essay Prompts

1. At Cleveland Clinic and CCLCM we are deeply committed to anti-racism and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in education, healthcare, and our communities. We invite you to share a specific life or work experience that aligns with and will allow you to uniquely contribute to the DEI initiatives at CCLCM. Please limit your response to 1000 characters and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

2. We all have targeted areas for improvement (TAFIs) in our personal and professional lives. Please share a current TAFI you have identified that does not include the acquisition of medical/scientific knowledge. How did you recognize this TAFI, and what steps are you taking to address it? How are you measuring your progress and how will you know when you reached your goal? (1000 char)

3. Please tell us about a time when you prioritized the needs of others (excluding family) before your own. In addition, tell us about a time when you put your own needs first. For each, please explain your decision making process and the outcome.
(2000 char)

4. What does your ideal career entail ten years after medical school graduation? (1000 char)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just wanted to confirm, that the secondary for the Cleveland Clinic is under Case Western's right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi- Just wanted to check if anyone could post the prompts for this year?

prompts :

At Cleveland Clinic and CCLCM we are deeply committed to anti-racism and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in education, healthcare, and our communities. We invite you to share a specific life or work experience that aligns with and will allow you to uniquely contribute to the DEI initiatives at CCLCM. Please limit your response to 1000 characters and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

We all have targeted areas for improvement (TAFIs) in our personal and professional lives. Please share a current TAFI you have identified that does not include the acquisition of medical/scientific knowledge. How did you recognize this TAFI, and what steps are you taking to address it? How are you measuring your progress and how will you know when you reached your goal?

Please tell us about a time when you prioritized the needs of others (excluding family) before your own. In addition, tell us about a time when you put your own needs first. For each, please explain your decision making process and the outcome.

What does your ideal career entail ten years after medical school graduation?

• Care
prompts :

At Cleveland Clinic and CCLCM we are deeply committed to anti-racism and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in education, healthcare, and our communities. We invite you to share a specific life or work experience that aligns with and will allow you to uniquely contribute to the DEI initiatives at CCLCM. Please limit your response to 1000 characters and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

We all have targeted areas for improvement (TAFIs) in our personal and professional lives. Please share a current TAFI you have identified that does not include the acquisition of medical/scientific knowledge. How did you recognize this TAFI, and what steps are you taking to address it? How are you measuring your progress and how will you know when you reached your goal?

Please tell us about a time when you prioritized the needs of others (excluding family) before your own. In addition, tell us about a time when you put your own needs first. For each, please explain your decision making process and the outcome.

Thank you for sharing! Is it a 1000 character limit for all these prompts?

prompts :

Wait are these the same prompts for the CCLCM program?

Wait are these the same prompts for the CCLCM program?
This is the CCLCM program (College Program). The other Case Western prompts you may see are for the University Program.

Hi all! Quick question about Cleveland Clinic Secondary "Caregiver Wellness" Question -

Did the font size for this specific essay change (get larger) relative to other essays for y'all too?

Just want to make sure nothing is glitchy on my end... Thanks in advance!!

I believe the "Please tell us about a time you prioritized your own needs" prompt is 2000 though? So second to last one (Question 3).

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! Quick question about Cleveland Clinic Secondary "Caregiver Wellness" Question -

Did the font size for this specific essay change (get larger) relative to other essays for y'all too?

Just want to make sure nothing is glitchy on my end... Thanks in advance!!
Hi yes this happened to me too! I pasted my essay into Notepad to make sure the formatting was correct and the font was still bigger in the AMP portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the diversity and inclusion prompt: are they asking us to talk about our own unique identity and experiences (so the classic diversity essay) or are they asking how we have contributed to diversity in the ~solving discrimination~ essay way

Wow! II today at 7:30 est! OOS
LETS GOO! Congratulations!!!! I applied to the College Program of Case Western too!! :D

To clarify, if you get interviewed for the college program, is it separate from the university program? Or are you technically being interviewed for both programs?

LETS GOO! Congratulations!!!! I applied to the College Program of Case Western too!! :D

To clarify, if you get interviewed for the college program, is it separate from the university program? Or are you technically being interviewed for both programs?
Thanks! I believe it is separate, so no interview from Case yet.

They are separate processes

Got an II today as a Canadian applicant! Submitted 7/13

Reactions: 3 users
Got the R today. LM and WARS in signature.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
are there separate portal for cleveland clinic? i got confirmation emails when i was complete emails for each but not sure how to check each portal.

II today!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from them yesterday saying that they wanted to have a 30-minute phone interview with me before deciding whether or not to invite me for a full interview. Has anyone else had this experience before? Anyone know if it's a good or bad thing?

• Hmm
I got an email from them yesterday saying that they wanted to have a 30-minute phone interview with me before deciding whether or not to invite me for a full interview. Has anyone else had this experience before? Anyone know if it's a good or bad thing?
Why would they waste their time? ;)

Who is "they"? Who is going to be on the call?

OOS II, LM 76, WARS 86. Submitted secondary 7/15

Hello everyone! do you all received a separate application complete email from CCLCM in addition to the UP? I got mine from UP but nothing from CCLCM. Recently called CCLCM to double-check and they said I was pending application fee (which I had already paid back in July). The status page on my end shows everything to be complete. Just want to know how everyone else's looks like, and did y'all receive confirmation from both UP and CCLCM?

Hello everyone! do you all received a separate application complete email from CCLCM in addition to the UP? I got mine from UP but nothing from CCLCM. Recently called CCLCM to double-check and they said I was pending application fee (which I had already paid back in July). The status page on my end shows everything to be complete. Just want to know how everyone else's looks like, and did y'all receive confirmation from both UP and CCLCM?
Hi, I got two separate complete emails for each program, around the same time. Both of my portals say complete!

EDIT: just have one portal for the different programs

Last edited:
Hi, I got two separate complete emails for each program, around the same time. Both of my portals say complete!
Wait you have separate portals? I got separate complete emails for both, but everything has been through one portal

Wait you have separate portals? I got separate complete emails for both, but everything has been through one portal
No whoops my bad, I have one portal for all of the programs but received separate emails for each when I was complete. Sorry for the confusion!!

For those interviewing soon, the interviewers names have been posted on the portal! Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: