2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone else (present or future), I thought I bombed at least two stations for the MMI. So even if you think you did poorly, you probably did way better than you think. All of you guys got this!
same !!! me and my station lead sat in silence for a full 5 mins one station because i was completely out of thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
People who get A's going forward please say when the call was so we can tell if it's still ongoing.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long do these calls last typically? Like 30 seconds or 5-7 minutes?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i can't freaking believe it... i got the A. i was incoherent and not listening to a word dr. yee said oml
same i was trying to text my parents mid phone call to tell them the news 😂

• Haha
I really really thought it was over, but I got the A call about 20 mins ago!!!!! Good luck to all - I know the waiting is truly awful.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
A like an hour ago!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT literally still crying

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Everyone that got in should tune in to watch Duke take down Miami tonight at 7 EST. DDMF 😈

• Love
Everyone that got in should tune in to watch Duke take down Miami tonight at 7 EST. DDMF 😈
I got no II from either school so I hope its a brick-fest with a final score of like 40-29 like that one NCSt/VTech game from a few years back 🤧

• Haha
Hi y’all! Congrats to everyone who got the A! Is today the decision day for all the past interviews or just for December?

^^+1 i live abroad and instead of an A call I got an A email 🎉

Anyone's email have any scholarship info? Or anyone know the scene at Duke re. scholarships and finances?

Acceptance email just now (4:44pm eastern)!!!! Heart was beating out of my chest all day waiting for a call which never came (?) but I’m so relieved!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
just got an acceptance via email but did not get a call???

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone else almost wish they had never interviewed? I am grateful to have had the opportunity, but I feel silly thinking back to how excited I was getting the interview invite and now feeling so disappointed with myself for not being able to get the A at any of the places I was so enthusiastic about :/

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users
This was my top choice school. I would attend this school full price. I poured my heart and soul into my application materials, secondaries, and tried to be genuine during the interviews. This was while working full time as a nontrad. This is devastating for me.

I know some recently admitted people reported bombing the interview but for future applicants, remember that some people will think they did terrible no matter how they actually did. I expected to get the R after my interview but I wish expecting the R made it hurt less.

+1 this was my dream school :(

Big congrats to everyone who got in! You guys are amazing

• Care
  • Sad
Looking past the 5:00 EST timeline, for everybody else who interviewed it's mostly Rs and some WLs if I am not mistaken? And for WL, what's Duke historical movement off the WL look like?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they send A calls all on the same day? Don’t want to get my hopes up

Does anyone know if they send A calls all on the same day? Don’t want to get my hopes up
Yes unfortunately--especially since they also sent out emails. I think most likely tomorrow is WL and R day.

Anyone's email have any scholarship info? Or anyone know the scene at Duke re. scholarships and finances?
I think we'll run this process next. With FAFSA sending me an email today that they're redoing how they've determined need and the disaster that is the CSS profile, this is the one part of this application cycle that I know I'll enjoy least.

• Wow
Any accepted students group chats?
Don't believe so yet, although I would imagine we'd get some more details tomorrow once the portal (hopefully) updates and all WLs/Rs have been sent out.

+1. Do we need to accept the offer or anything
in the letter they sent over email, there's an info sheet with deadlines that's super helpful! we have to pay the $100 deposit by april 30 and commit to enroll at duke by june 17

• Love
Reaaalllyyyy hoping for a WL for all us still waiting today :)

I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?

I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?
Is the CSS profile something I should start on right away or do we wait for word from Duke to begin this? I've never had to fill it out before, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.