2023-2024 Duke

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was my top choice school. I would attend this school full price. I poured my heart and soul into my application materials, secondaries, and tried to be genuine during the interviews. This was while working full time as a nontrad. This is devastating for me.

I know some recently admitted people reported bombing the interview but for future applicants, remember that some people will think they did terrible no matter how they actually did. I expected to get the R after my interview but I wish expecting the R made it hurt less.

+1 this was my dream school 🙁

Big congrats to everyone who got in! You guys are amazing[emoji3590]
 
Looking past the 5:00 EST timeline, for everybody else who interviewed it's mostly Rs and some WLs if I am not mistaken? And for WL, what's Duke historical movement off the WL look like?
 
Anyone's email have any scholarship info? Or anyone know the scene at Duke re. scholarships and finances?
I think we'll run this process next. With FAFSA sending me an email today that they're redoing how they've determined need and the disaster that is the CSS profile, this is the one part of this application cycle that I know I'll enjoy least.
 
I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?
Is the CSS profile something I should start on right away or do we wait for word from Duke to begin this? I've never had to fill it out before, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.
 
In the Duke thread from 2021-22, it seems like some people reported post-II Rs the same time as the WL. Couldn’t find any post-II Rs from last year, but it could be due to underreporting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 WL, but probably turning it down. So that's one less WL person to worry about!

Congrats to all the A's and good luck to the WL's!

Email subject was ridiculous: "Duke Med Admission Letter"
no I was like be so fr??? "admission letter" there was a better way you could've worded that...
 
+1 WL this morning, turned it down. Good luck to everyone waiting it out and congrats to everyone accepted!!:hello:

Also worth noting when I withdrew I received an automatic email that decisions release 2/21, 2/22, and 2/23. So for people wondering about R's, I assume they will come out tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad