2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL just now, pretty happy considering I thought it would be a R lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL just now. I love you Duke, please give me a chance :love:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlist email at 12:01PM

• Care
WL just now as well!

• Care
Did anyone get rejected post II? Nervous that they just WL everyone and chances of getting off are low

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get rejected post II? Nervous that they just WL everyone and chances of getting off are low
I don’t think they WL everyone because it says they WL ~100 but the email says they interview over 600… however I think the WL movement is still rlly small here

In the Duke thread from 2021-22, it seems like some people reported post-II Rs the same time as the WL. Couldn’t find any post-II Rs from last year, but it could be due to underreporting

Reactions: 1 user
+1 WL, but probably turning it down. So that's one less WL person to worry about!

Congrats to all the A's and good luck to the WL's!

Email subject line was completely ridiculous: "Duke Med Admission Letter". I hope you are reading this Duke Med Ad Comm. Such a silly subject line.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
In the Duke thread from 2021-22, it seems like some people reported post-II Rs the same time as the WL. Couldn’t find any post-II Rs from last year, but it could be due to underreporting
Yesterday, I posted this: First post II R email reported on SDN: 2/17 at 5:59 PM

Not sure if I read it wrong. But it looks like at least one post II R came out a few hours after WL

EDIT: Just confirmed. One person wrote at 2/17 at 5:59 pm "Just got a post-interview rejection. Congrats to everyone accepted, and good luck to those on the waitlist!". First WL last year was at 3:27 on 2/17. Both WL and Post II R were day after A's last year like this year.

So I would expect post interview R's soon.

Last edited:
I also read in previous years you may not get an email for post II R, but will say in the portal

OOS post-II WL email today at 11:05am CST. still a little disappointed, but I expected it after no call yesterday. stings a bit less than an R. congrats everyone!

• Care
+1 WL, but probably turning it down. So that's one less WL person to worry about!

Congrats to all the A's and good luck to the WL's!

Email subject was ridiculous: "Duke Med Admission Letter"
no I was like be so fr??? "admission letter" there was a better way you could've worded that...

Anyone know if there's a student handbook? been looking but unable to find anything

what is the procedure now with WL? the email does not have much to go on

+1 WL this morning, turned it down. Good luck to everyone waiting it out and congrats to everyone accepted!!:hello:

Also worth noting when I withdrew I received an automatic email that decisions release 2/21, 2/22, and 2/23. So for people wondering about R's, I assume they will come out tomorrow.

also post-II R :confused: ugh... And thank god for SDN because that email title "Duke Med Admission Letter" is definitely EVIL and if I hadn't already known this was coming I would be freaking out

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats everyone!! Y’all are gonna LOOOVE Duke

- sad alum who didn’t get an interview 🥲
+1 on this - worked with people at the hospital, great place to be :). The faculty are awesome

CONGRATS!!

Edit: Got the R but expected. Sad alum :c

Last edited:
Pre-II R :(, maybe I'll see ya for residency Duke (not if you make me answer 9 secondary questions again though)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS Pre-II R
Why did I write that secondary….?

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
OOS Pre-II R. was one of my dream schools but c'est la vie 👋👋

• Care
I feel the same way... I feel like I only finished it out of stubbornness ahah
Same, and tbh, I thought my writing was fire. Yet instead I get an II at another T20 I copied and pasted a secondary for and finished in 5 minutes. Make it make sense

Reactions: 5 users
OOS Post-II R a few hours ago 🥲. It hurts but I'm grateful they at least acknowledged my secondary with an II.

• Care
OOS pre-II R. You win some and you lose some. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!

• Care
OOS Pre-II R just now. Wrote all those essays for nothing lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS Pre-II R, at least I was able to copy/paste many of the Duke essays for other schools lol

Congrats to all with As!

• Care
OOS pre-II R. I had no business applying to Duke💀 congratulations to everyone who got an A!!

Reactions: 1 user