You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Duke
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1, not even mad about the R, but rather the joy in my life that was taken from me thru their secondary+1 :/
I feel the same way... I feel like I only finished it out of stubbornness ahah+1, not even mad about the R, but rather the joy in my life that was taken from me thru their secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, and tbh, I thought my writing was fire. Yet instead I get an II at another T20 I copied and pasted a secondary for and finished in 5 minutes. Make it make senseI feel the same way... I feel like I only finished it out of stubbornness ahah
OOS Post-II R!! Expected but grateful to have been considered 😭❤️
one_masterpiece
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, worth a shot
I poured my heart out into that one.OOS Pre-II R
Why did I write that secondary….?
OOS Pre-II R just now.
OOS Pre-II R just now. Wrote all those essays for nothing lol
wannabecomedian
Full Member
OOS pre-II R 30 min ago. really let them follow me on insta for nothing…
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R
strangething
Full Member
OOS Post-II R - hurts way more than all my Pre-II Rs lol, who woulda thought
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS pre-II R, not surprised lol
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R
OOS Pre-II R. Had no business applying other than being an undergrad alum 😂 so this was expected
Bro the “DukeMed Admission Letter” as the subject line was straight evil lol
Yeaaa... no comment on that lmaoBro the “DukeMed Admission Letter” as the subject line was straight evil lol
My parent's household income is between 100-150k, and for the last two years Duke has covered ~50% of my total estimated cost of attendance through need-based grants/scholarships, and then the rest is provided in federal loans.Any current students with families making less than 100k willing to talk about the aid situation? Just tryna gauge if I'd get any aid from Duke. Thanks!
do you know if all students receive max ~50% of their estimated need or if low-income students can receive more?My parent's household income is between 100-150k, and for the last two years Duke has covered ~50% of my total estimated cost of attendance through need-based grants/scholarships, and then the rest is provided in federal loans.
Last edited:
I believe it’s case by case and depends on your FAFSA and CSS profile. I do know a friend who is from a lower income household who explained their situation and Duke increased their aid to ~90% but I’m not sure what their original offer was.do you know if all students receive max ~50% of their estimated need or if low-income students can receive more?
2nd year clerkships are 100% P/F! Your transcript will show Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory for each rotation.Anyone know if Duke is P/F for clerkships as well? I keep seeing conflicting information from sources online.
topspin_tadpole
Full Member
Bump now that it seems like all decisions are outAny accepted students group chats?
Just wanted to clarify with fellow WL people, at this time are we allowed to forward any sort of updates or LOI with Duke Admin? Or are our cases closed and we are waiting on the committee to re-evaluated April 30th?
Would also like to know this!Just wanted to clarify with fellow WL people, at this time are we allowed to forward any sort of updates or LOI with Duke Admin? Or are our cases closed and we are waiting on the committee to re-evaluated April 30th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
will there be no movement until April 30th?Just wanted to clarify with fellow WL people, at this time are we allowed to forward any sort of updates or LOI with Duke Admin? Or are our cases closed and we are waiting on the committee to re-evaluated April 30th?
The admissions office said they allow updates from waitlisted applicants through their email.Just wanted to clarify with fellow WL people, at this time are we allowed to forward any sort of updates or LOI with Duke Admin? Or are our cases closed and we are waiting on the committee to re-evaluated April 30th?
Sorry I just saw this. I would get started on it based on what it says here - MD Prospective Students | Duke University School of MedicineIs the CSS profile something I should start on right away or do we wait for word from Duke to begin this? I've never had to fill it out before, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.
D
deleted1161947
need to submit a $100 deposit by april 30 iircIs there somewhere to accept the offer of admission?
futuremedtech
New Member
NotReal234
Full Member
hello! i made a groupme for admitted students bc i don't think duke is gonna provide one until admitted students day. here's the link - GroupMe
Can you remove the request to join part of the groupme?
ok-patient
Full Member
also wondering!Does anyone know if Duke is the kind of school to match financial aid from schools like NYU/Einstein now, where there is no tuition?
Does anyone know the etiquette that Duke likes for waitlisted applicants? Like do they appreciate update letters, and could you send a letter of intent to them? Does that kind of stuff influence the waitlist process? I'm trying to figure out how to play my cards... Also how does their waitlist work? Is it like a random selection or deliberate selection
wannabepedsdoc
Full Member
Does anyone know the etiquette that Duke likes for waitlisted applicants? Like do they appreciate update letters, and could you send a letter of intent to them? Does that kind of stuff influence the waitlist process? I'm trying to figure out how to play my cards... Also how does their waitlist work? Is it like a random selection or deliberate selection
Could be wrong but I believe their waitlist uses an unranked system and not a ranked one (ie. Instead of ranking everyone from 1 to 200, it’s more like if someone who has a lot of research, is from Washington, and plays the guitar drops out, they will try to replace them with someone who has similar characteristics to keep the “full class look and feel” as close to their ideal as possible)
Does anyone know when we should sent letters of interest or intent to Duke if we are on the waitlist? Should we wait for April 30th, or can we go ahead and send them?
Yeah I'm wondering this too... would it be inappropriate to email them and ask their policy on letters and updates post-WL? If I do I promise I will let u all know what they sayDoes anyone know when we should sent letters of interest or intent to Duke if we are on the waitlist? Should we wait for April 30th, or can we go ahead and send them?
I did and they said they would update more in mayYeah I'm wondering this too... would it be inappropriate to email them and ask their policy on letters and updates post-WL? If I do I promise I will let u all know what they say
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tried to DM you but doesn't seem like I can. Might be a good idea if you remove this link so it's not publically available and just confined to the facebook page.hello! i made a groupme for admitted students bc i don't think duke is gonna provide one until admitted students day. here's the link - GroupMe
What happened? Story time?don't join the groupme if you haven't already![]()
FinancialBagel
Full Member
Anyone know if Duke is willing to cover the cost of Second Look expenses for low-income accepted students?
futuremedtech
New Member
yea i just deleted the groupme... this is why i had the request to join option 😭Tried to DM you but doesn't seem like I can. Might be a good idea if you remove this link so it's not publically available and just confined to the facebook page.
They said no :/Anyone know if Duke is willing to cover the cost of Second Look expenses for low-income accepted students?