You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Duke
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
moonlight365
Full Member
On the website it states that there is a team station in the MMI, is that true? Just not sure if they've updated that considering they're conducting virtual interviews now. Any help is appreciated 🙂
Yes they are!
On the supplemental application site it says they’re allowed 1 week after interview but I am similarly confused if they were perhaps allowed via email or something . Can’t remember
I remember they explicitly stated a 7 day deadline on my interview date so I’m guessing they don’t allow them after
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you're allowed to take notes during the MMI brainstorm time?
D
deleted1126476
The prompt stays up the whole time so I don't think notes would matter.Does anyone know if you're allowed to take notes during the MMI brainstorm time?
moonlight365
Full Member
II earlier today!!
yes! we are able to take notes during that timeDoes anyone know if you're allowed to take notes during the MMI brainstorm time?
When were you complete? Congratulations!! 😊II earlier today!!
moonlight365
Full Member
When were you complete? Congratulations!! [emoji4]
September!
yellowcake
Full Member
Is it necessary to write post-II update letter. Not much has changed in my application since my primary, so I am a bit confused on the importance of sharing an update with them If there is nothing new. Could I use this time to send them a letter of intent? If someone could also point me in the direction of where it is posted on their site that would be great. Thanks for all the help.
D
deleted1152685
Definitely not necessary and probably discouraged unless we have anything substantial to say. Their FAQ says they’ll take pubs, awards, etc.Is it necessary to write post-II update letter. Not much has changed in my application since my primary, so I am a bit confused on the importance of sharing an update with them If there is nothing new. Could I use this time to send them a letter of intent? If someone could also point me in the direction of where it is posted on their site that would be great. Thanks for all the help.
Admissions FAQs | Duke University School of Medicine
yellowcake
Full Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.Definitely not necessary and probably discouraged unless we have anything substantial to say. Their FAQ says they’ll take pubs, awards, etc.
Unclear if it matters a week after your interview anyways tho since your portal will close to updates. I’ve also heard mixed things about sending intent letters because so many students back out later and they don’t explicitly say they take them but I’m not an expert there.Admissions FAQs | Duke University School of Medicine
medschool.duke.edu
I emailed them and they said they don't accept post-II updates past a week after the interview. But they do accept letters of intent.Is it necessary to write post-II update letter. Not much has changed in my application since my primary, so I am a bit confused on the importance of sharing an update with them If there is nothing new. Could I use this time to send them a letter of intent? If someone could also point me in the direction of where it is posted on their site that would be great. Thanks for all the help.
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
Duke is my top choice but I haven't received an interview. Are they done sending out interview invites as I believe they send decisions in February?
bananie15
Full Member
Duke is my top choice but I haven't received an interview. Are they done sending out interview invites as I believe they send decisions in February?
Also curious if any more II will go out. Completed in early September...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent out more until ~1/24 according to last year’s thread. I’ve taken to just saying duke is out of the cards for me for now though. If I get an II atp, it will be a pleasant, unexpected surprise. There’s nothing we can do to conjure up a II.
Last edited:
Ottonocker
New Member
I emailed the admissions office about an unrelated question but they also included the following in their response:Also curious if any more II will go out. Completed in early September...
"This year we had over 8000 applicants so the time it took for us to review all the applications took a bit longer than expected. We wanted to make sure everyone’s application was evaluated thoroughly. At this time, we are in the final review stages. Decisions are being made daily. It is our goal to have all interview invitations out by next couple of weeks."
I emailed the admissions office about an unrelated question but they also included the following in their response:
"This year we had over 8000 applicants so the time it took for us to review all the applications took a bit longer than expected. We wanted to make sure everyone’s application was evaluated thoroughly. At this time, we are in the final review stages. Decisions are being made daily. It is our goal to have all interview invitations out by next couple of weeks."
If only Florida schools kept this type of energy
medschool2027
Full Member
It would be so helpful if all of these schools were more transparent about the timing of their process. This waiting for the unknown is so bad for my mental health. Ironic given it is medical schools who are supposed to care about mental health...
II received today - scheduled for next week. Not sure how far out they are still scheduling from there@60 Cent Congrats. When are they scheduling out to?
It'sBeen84YearstoMD
Full Member
Congrats! Are they sending emails or is this updated through the portal?II received today - scheduled for next week. Not sure how far out they are still scheduling from there
Thanks! It was through an emailCongrats! Are they sending emails or is this updated through the portal?
Ottonocker
New Member
Does anyone know if Duke accepts letters of interest pre-II? I know they accept letters of intent but can't find anything on their website about interest letters...
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
Apologizes if this has already been discussed but are they planning to send more interview invites? Or is it done for the most part
I contacted them on Friday and they said they're still sending IIs out.Apologizes if this has already been discussed but are they planning to send more interview invites? Or is it done for the most part
PrisonBreak
Full Member
Since Duke is non-rolling, does that mean they don't make decisions on any of their interviewees until after their last interview date?
Interviewed recently and I believe this week is their last week of interviewsApologizes if this has already been discussed but are they planning to send more interview invites? Or is it done for the most part
Whatdadogdoin
Full Member
That makes sense, and in their secondary email it does say "Our first interview date is tentatively scheduled for September 7, 2022 and our last interview date is tentatively scheduled for January 26, 2023."Interviewed recently and I believe this week is their last week of interviews
I thought they said they were behind, so it makes sense they would extend interviewing. Also I could be way off base but this thread seems a lot quieter w II than previous years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any guesses as to when the decision date would be? Typically it seems to be on a Friday, so maybe the 17th or the 24th?
PrisonBreak
Full Member
@LostDarkness I remember Dr. Yee saying between 13th-17th
Is this what others were told as well?
Is this what others were told as well?
StainlessSteelYeti
Full Member
MSAR says 17Any guesses as to when the decision date would be? Typically it seems to be on a Friday, so maybe the 17th or the 24th?
D
deleted1147443
Yes we were told to keep around Valentine’s lDay in mind.@LostDarkness I remember Dr. Yee saying between 13th-17th
Is this what others were told as well?
StainlessSteelYeti
Full Member
Bruh 😢Yes we were told to keep around Valentine’s lDay in mind.
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
do they inform you of PCLT decision on the same day?
Ottonocker
New Member
Anyone still holding out hope for an II?
Yep! Likely in vain, but since haven't heard will keep hoping.Anyone still holding out hope for an II?
Hope those waiting get that well deserved interview invite, get one sooner than later.Yep! Likely in vain, but since haven't heard will keep hoping.
Last edited:
Me!Anyone still holding out hope for an II?
I interviewed early December, and they said it would be around valentine's day...but I don't remember them telling me any specific dates.@LostDarkness I remember Dr. Yee saying between 13th-17th
Is this what others were told as well?
Did you by any chance interview more recently? Trying to see if the 13th-17th specification is a more recent update
Ottonocker
New Member
Would it be poor form to email the admissions office and ask if they are still extending interview invitations?
D
deleted1147443
I'm pretty sure Duke is done. Their last week of interviews was last week I believe.
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
I thought they said they're behind this year on interviewsI'm pretty sure Duke is done. Their last week of interviews was last week I believe.
D
deleted1126476
IDK when this was said, but at my interview (mid Dec) they said all decisions would be coming around Valentine's day which is pretty much going to be ~10 days from this coming Monday...not sure any IIs would be possible given that timeline, so unless they delay decisions I'm not sure.I thought they said they're behind this year on interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PrisonBreak
Full Member
I interviewed mid-JanuaryI interviewed early December, and they said it would be around valentine's day...but I don't remember them telling me any specific dates.
Did you by any chance interview more recently? Trying to see if the 13th-17th specification is a more recent update
PrisonBreak
Full Member
Is anyone else also nervous about decisions? It’s like you’re waiting for a phone call that may or may not come, and that’s just so scary lol
I am having a roll a coaster of emotions. Sometimes I feel excited and optimistic. Then again, I will anxious, nervous and fearful. The admission process is such that, I try to convince myself that I have done my very best. More power and strength to all of us.Is anyone else also nervous about decisions? It’s like you’re waiting for a phone call that may or may not come, and that’s just so scary lol
Last edited:
D
deleted1150307
it happened to me as well about 2 or 3 weeks ago but I still got an actual reply the next dayHas anyone tried to contact the admissions team email recently? I tried to reach them last week via email and got an automatic reply that said they were out for the holidays (12/19 to 1/3).. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K