2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Need some honesty/perspective. I interviewed last week and my 35-45 minute faculty interview lasted closer to an hour. Should I be panicked that I talked too much or having a long interview is horrible? Or am I just being an anxious mess?

You’re good haha doesn’t matter if it was a little short or a little long, has more to do with the interviewer than you tbh. I’m sure you did fine!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You’re good haha doesn’t matter if it was a little short or a little long, has more to do with the interviewer than you tbh. I’m sure you did fine!
Thanks haha just panicking today.

Need some honesty/perspective. I interviewed last week and my 35-45 minute faculty interview lasted closer to an hour. Should I be panicked that I talked too much or having a long interview is horrible? Or am I just being an anxious mess?
It def is not. Mine was over an hour, and I got the A.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, having a longer interview is good I think. Mine lasted over an hour and I got the A.

Post-II R just now. My interview left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth so I can’t say I’m too broken up about this one. Best of luck to the rest of you guys still in the hunt!

Post-II R just now. My interview left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth so I can’t say I’m too broken up about this one. Best of luck to the rest of you guys still in the hunt!
So sorry, you got this though! May I ask what date you interviewed?

Interviewed 9/15 and just got a post-II r… thought i did really well so i’m confused but oh well!! pushing on

Interviewed 9/16 and Post II WL. Anyone know how many people generally get placed on the waitlist?

Interviewed 9/16 and Post II WL. Anyone know how many people generally get placed on the waitlist?
Same here, interviewed 9/14 and post II waitlist. Would love to know the answer to this question. Does a letter of intent provide a small nudge on influencing movement off of a waitlist or is it substantial? Do you even need to do a letter of intent at all to get off the waitlist?

when is the acknowledgment tab supposed to come onto our portal? I’m not seeing it still

Members don't see this ad :)
Were the first dates available in January?

II received today. OOS. LM 75. Submitted 8/30.

Pre-II R today, first rejection rip. Complete 8/24, LM 73. Good luck to the rest!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R. Complete 9/1. LM 72. Wishing better luck to all!

• Care
Pre-II R received today 4:15pm ET, Complete 9/14, OOS LM 73 WARS 85

• Care
Anyone interview med sept and have not heard back? Does this probably mean a rejection?

Pre-II R, Complete Late September, LizzyM: 74, ORM

Last edited:
  • Care
Completed 9/22 - have not heard anything. Patiently waiting...former student here

Pre-II R just now, complete late September. LM 70, WARS low 80s, OOS (duh).

Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Pre-II R just now, complete late September. LM 70, WARS low 80s, OOS (duh).

Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Late September, Damnn my time is coming soon 🥲

• Haha
pre-II R just now, complete late september. came directly after a gw R too so this bites lol. clinging to the interviews i have so far at this point. bye georgies, and good luck everyone

• Care
pre-II R just now, complete late september. came directly after a gw R too so this bites lol. clinging to the interviews i have so far at this point. bye georgies, and good luck everyone
Do you happen to know what date late sept? good luck w ur other interviews :)

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any tips on how I should prepare for my Georgetown Interview?

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any tips on how I should prepare for my Georgetown Interview?
I would say just prepare to answer very common questions and specific app questions (just be able to describe your experiences in a brief, and concrete way). Honestly, the interview was VERY chill and I think I overprepared too much (as it was my first interview). Good luck!
Also, be able to answer WHY GUSOM!!!

Pre-II R, just now. Complete Mid-July. LM 76.

• Care
OOS Pre-II R, complete early September

• Care
Hoping we hear some more post II updates soon .... right? Feel like it's been a minute

Anyone apply last week of Sept hear back regarding II or pre II R