2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R, complete 8/1. First rejection of this cycle. Good luck everyone!
Good luck on the rest of your cycle! Would you mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in mid-September and just checked my portal and the acknowledgments section to write the thank you note is gone... I def wrote one/ uploaded it and it was there before idk what happened - anyone else have something similar?

I interviewed in mid-September and just checked my portal and the acknowledgments section to write the thank you note is gone... I def wrote one/ uploaded it and it was there before idk what happened - anyone else have something similar?
+1, section has disappeared for me as well

Members don't see this ad :)
+1, complete late August
Sorry to hear that, good luck on the rest of your cycle! Would you mind sharing stats? I was complete late August so I'm trying to gauge when I might hear from them... seems like a lot of August apps are hearing back now.

Reactions: 1 user
Does it seem like they review apps in completion order so far? I was complete 7/10 and silence 💀

Does it seem like they review apps in completion order so far? I was complete 7/10 and silence 💀
Virtually NO schools review apps in order of completion. It is just one factor among many that sets the review order.

Reactions: 1 users
What other things could determine review order - just curious ?
Just talking out of my butt but a mix of *some* of the below (with different weights)

GPA / MCAT / EC hours in select categories / IS or OOS / URM or ORM / SES / Undergrad Prestige

and I've said this elsewhere but there is also a matter of WHO is reviewing your file. Are you in Charlie's pile, who reviews 200 applicants a day? Or are you in Dennis' pile, who has been in the Bahamas all week but promises to review some apps on the flight back?

Reactions: 3 users
Just talking out of my butt but a mix of *some* of the below (with different weights)

GPA / MCAT / EC hours in select categories / IS or OOS / URM or ORM / SES / Undergrad Prestige

and I've said this elsewhere but there is also a matter of WHO is reviewing your file. Are you in Charlie's pile, who reviews 200 applicants a day? Or are you in Dennis' pile, who has been in the Bahamas all week but promises to review some apps on the flight back?
Got it! Makes sense - thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that, good luck on the rest of your cycle! Would you mind sharing stats? I was complete late August so I'm trying to gauge when I might hear from them... seems like a lot of August apps are hearing back now.
OOS, Hispanic URM, and LizzyM 66. Wishing you all the best!!

I interviewed 9/14 but haven’t heard anything from adcoms yet. Will we get decisions later this week or will it be next week?

Adding to this... Does anyone know if Georgetown releases decisions on a specific day of the week?

I got a call on Sunday…so seems any day of the week really. Emails went out on Monday for people who interviewed before the end of the first week of Sept.

II today! Secondary complete 8/7. LM 74

I was complete 7/11 and just got an II! 76 LM OOS. Looks like they going back to review apps so if they haven't said anything, you still got a chance!

Last edited:
Did anyone else interview super early and not hear anything back?

Complete 8/6, DC resident, decent stats. Where is my decision….
it seems any decisions coming out today will be pre-II Rs so... let's hope they hold off any decisions today :cryi:

Pre-II Rejection, complete 9/8 and rejected 10/28
First rejection of the cycle and honestly not too bummed. Good luck Y’all
Stats: 515, 3.5 URM

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II rejection yesterday. Complete 9/4

• Care
First Pre II R. received 2 10/28. completed in late august. goodluck y’all!!

I attended the info session and they seemed to highlight their Jesuit background more than I expected, so I did some research and found a lot of controversy about Georgetown's sites not providing abortions and pharmacies not filling birth control prescriptions. I'm wondering if anyone knows more info about this?

Got the call with the A last night around 5 pm EST! Interviewed at the beginning of October

Reactions: 10 users
pre-II R just now (11/1), complete 8/29, OOS LM 67

Pre II R this afternoon complete 9/7, OOS
good luck yall!

pre-II R (first rejection but at least I'm finally hearing back aha), complete 9/11, OOS LM 77.6. good luck everyone!!

Pre-II R today, complete mid/late August, OOS LM 81. Good luck everyone!

has anyone else who interviewed late september recieved a response yet?

Need some honesty/perspective. I interviewed last week and my 35-45 minute faculty interview lasted closer to an hour. Should I be panicked that I talked too much or having a long interview is horrible? Or am I just being an anxious mess?