2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if Georgetown interviews are open or closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this morning! So excited! Like overwhelmed excited. I really connected with the school and my Interviewer so I'm stoked the feelings were mutual!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the call this morning! So excited! Like overwhelmed excited. I really connected with the school and my Interviewer so I'm stoked the feelings were mutual!
Congrats!! When did you interview?

Caught the R yesterday post II on Oct 20. Good luck to everyone else!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they might start accepting people off WL?

if I am interviewing next friday, how long should I expect before hearing a decision?

Has anyone sent a letter of intent post II pre decision? I would send an update letter but I don’t have any meaningful updates.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent a letter of intent post II pre decision? I would send an update letter but I don’t have any meaningful updates.
I sent a letter of continued interest, not intent, because I had no real updates

I sent a letter of interest post II pre decision and got in. I had another decision to wait on that is my top choice, so I didn’t send a letter of intent to Georgetown. However, if Georgetown is your first choice, I would send the letter of intent. You don’t need a update just say why you love Georgetown and your interview experience etc and that you will go if accepted.

I sent a letter of interest post II pre decision and got in. I had another decision to wait on that is my top choice, so I didn’t send a letter of intent to Georgetown. However, if Georgetown is your first choice, I would send the letter of intent. You don’t need a update just say why you love Georgetown and your interview experience etc and that you will go if accepted.
First of all, congrats! Do you send these letters of interest/intent to admissions or upload them in the portal?

First of all, congrats! Do you send these letters of interest/intent to admissions or upload them in the portal?

Thanks! I uploaded it to the portal. The format got messed up for me and for other people so don’t worry if yours does too.

Thanks! I uploaded it to the portal. The format got messed up for me and for other people so don’t worry if yours does too.
How long was your letter? I want to send a letter of intent, but I don't know if a page is too excessive because I have some updates too.

How long was your letter? I want to send a letter of intent, but I don't know if a page is too excessive because I have some updates too.
I would send it. Georgetown seems to love updates. And I don't think a page is excessive

Sent a letter of Intent and it seems to have become just one giant paragraph. Did this happen to anybody else or should I contact them?

Sent a letter of Intent and it seems to have become just one giant paragraph. Did this happen to anybody else or should I contact them?
This happens. I wouldn’t worry about it

Does Georgetown release decisions on certain days of the week?

LMAO I just got the phone call! got the A hehe :') Interviewed 11/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted, decision given by email. Interviewed 10/26. Sucks when you're somewhat expecting a phone call for the A.

Did anyone who interviewed on the second week of November hear back?

Interviewed 12/2 Literally I'm so nervous and im going to be shaking, crying, and throwing up next week. Keep rethinking my interview answers

Interviewed 12/2 Literally I'm so nervous and im going to be shaking, crying, and throwing up next week. Keep rethinking my interview answers
Do you think early December interviewers are going to hear back next week? A lot of people from early and mid November haven't heard back and it hasn't really been 10 weeks yet right. Trying to see if I should send an update letter before decisions come out or just hold off on it for another two weeks.

Does anyone know when we can expect waitlist movement?

Interviewed 1/18...they said it will be AT LEAST 10 weeks before we hear back...why such a long wait at this point in the cycle?