-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
will decisions be released today?
at this point, not getting my hopes upwill decisions be released today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually thought my student one was the hardest interview I had so far this cycle lol. Still nice person but asked really deep thought provoking questions, often with multiple parts. Definitely know the area and neighborhood characteristics. Honestly, if I didn't have connections to the area I would have totally stumbled on some of the q's I got.for those who interviewed, any tips/how was it?
Last edited:
ilovepi314
Full Member
You had two interviews? I could've sworn I only had one interviewmy faculty was very conversational. I actually thought my student one was the hardest interview I had so far this cycle lol. Still nice person but asked really deep though provoking questions, often with multiple parts. Definitely know the area and neighborhood characteristics. Honestly, if I didn't have connections to the area I would have totally stumbled on some of the q's I got.
yeah sorry! I mispoke. Mine was over an hour so I think it was all a blur by the end lolYou had two interviews? I could've sworn I only had one interview
Me too, I only had one student interview and it was pretty rough, man. Maybe this student was tired, maybe this student was just checking boxes...but by far the most mechanical and uninteresting interview of this entire cycle thus far.
glad im not the only one who had this impression. My interviewer was going off on a script and barely reacted to any of my responses 🙁 Im not too hopeful that I'll get in.Me too, I only had one student interview and it was pretty rough, man. Maybe this student was tired, maybe this student was just checking boxes...but by far the most mechanical and uninteresting interview of this entire cycle thus far.
D
deleted1077590
lol if you think thats wild, my interview lasted 15 mins, the guy just said nice app and said " i have all I need" and that was it
Honestly, kind weird how ubiquitous this feeling is hereMe too, I only had one student interview and it was pretty rough, man. Maybe this student was tired, maybe this student was just checking boxes...but by far the most mechanical and uninteresting interview of this entire cycle thus far.
Honestly, kind weird how ubiquitous this feeling is here
Same here, just to add on some. Interviewer was kinda flat, but in spite of it I think we actually had some really nice conversations.
I got him to crack a few smiles and we connected a little more, but it did start off somewhat drab. Fingers still crossed!
D
deleted1077590
I will say tho that my guy was super nice, had definitely read my app, and was chatty, i guess he just didn't need me to reiterate everything?
enneagram7w8
Full Member
I thought it went pretty well, I definitely rambled on a few questions but also it was my first interview and ones after it went better personally. However, I felt the interviewer was very friendly, I had a physician interviewer who seemed fully interested in what I had to say and asked follow up questions while going from a list (it seemed) as well. Interview was about 30-35 minutesfor those who interviewed, any tips/how was it?
I had a resident or attending there? Don't remember but they did all of their education at Georgetown and they were super nice and really engaging! They asked a lot of thought-provoking questions and made sure to write down my responses so that made me a little nervous because you could see what they were doing lol besides that, it felt really conversational and most of the questions were geared towards why Georgetown specifically and cura personalisfor those who interviewed, any tips/how was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 08/04. Total silence. OOS. The silence is making me very worried.been complete since 7/28... still silence LOL
ineedanswers
Full Member
Same, they passed my completion date by like weeks. I wish they would just go ahead and send an R instead of just silence 😒I was complete 08/04. Total silence. OOS. The silence is making me very worried.
Totally agreed. Would take the mighty "R" rather than the silence.Same, they passed my completion date by like weeks. I wish they would just go ahead and send an R instead of just silence 😒
They’re taking their sweet time this year it seemsY'all have me tweaking with the notifications this waiting is brutal
when did you interview?Got the call yesterday, A!!!
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Got the call yesterday, A!!!
Time to ring the alarm bells for the rest of us lol - congrats! This is amazing!!
SDN represents a small population of premed applicants. I wouldn't consider it "hard to believe"i find this hard to believe considering no one else has heard back
Ur giving me butterflies in my stomach...I assume the rest of us will get results next weekThey’re taking their sweet time this year it seems
First interview week!when did you interview?
Yeah I most definitely heard back lol Dean Dugan called me!SDN represents a small population of premed applicants. I wouldn't consider it "hard to believe"
Did you get an email after the call?First interview week!
not yet, I was told it would take a few days to get the emailDid you get an email after the call?
Thanks for letting me know 😂 I’m abroad and have no service so I just have to wait to for an email lolnot yet, I was told it would take a few days to get the email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They had such an immaculate interview the dean couldnt waitNot saying MC_00 is lying but it is super odd that only one person on SDN has gotten anything and it was a Friday night. Maybe the dean just had 5 minutes of free time LOL.
Just got the A phone call as well!
Congrats!! Have either of you gotten an email yet?Just got the A phone call as well!
Interview dates?Just got the A! Phone call on a Sunday 😊
Interviewed on the first day, 8/23Interview dates?
Last edited:
Did anything change in the portal/have you received an email?Interviewed of the first day, 8/23
Oh yikes...interviewed before you and didnt get the callGot the call!! I can’t believe it!! Interviewed 9/8 this doesn’t feel real omg
Nope, not yet. No email eitherDid anything change in the portal/have you received an email?
Not necessarily, they go in all different types of orders I would assume. Hoping for good news for you!!Congrats to all! Do we think it means for the rest of us who interviewed late Aug early Sep we should be preparing for bad news....
I was halfway thru my lunch when I saw this thread and i dont want to eat anymore. CheersOh man I’m stressed now haha
goodluckpanda!
Full Member
Got the call at 4 pm! Interviewed 9/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also saying goodbye to my sunday siesta lolI was halfway thru my lunch when I saw this thread and i dont want to eat anymore. Cheers
Questions for all who have been accepted. How was your interview? Do you feel like you are a strong mission fit? And do you see yourself attending Georgetown?
Interview was very casual, definitely conversation-like. I think I’m a strong mission fit with a big emphasis on volunteering with underserved populations. As of now the only school I’ve been accepted too but will be a tough choice if accepted to a school closer to home/higher ranked/more aid.
goodluckpanda!
Full Member
those of u who were accepted - did u send thank you notes or update letters?
Yes, sent thank you notes and a letter of interest/update after.