You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Class of 2027 Facebook group has 77 people
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
The class of 2026 one has 162 people. I’m sure there are some admin and student representatives, etc.Class of 2027 Facebook group has 77 people
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes the class was 123+7 returning students
mbfuturedoctor2021
Full Member
is anyone still waiting for an II?
🙋🏾♀️ I bet a lot of people areis anyone still waiting for an II?
A looooot lol
A looooot lol
Certainly, I think they mentioned they had about 8000 apps this cycle
i have since august haha
My_life_is_a_joke
Full Member
I’m on the same boat since august! I have called and they just told me to be patient and wait
Do they accept update letters? Do you think sending any would help?
Ofcis anyone still waiting for an II?
Yes they do accept them! I've sent 2 since I applied and still not heard back, but couldn't hurt my chances could it 🙂Do they accept update letters? Do you think sending any would help?
do they reply back after adding it? i haven't gotten a reply. also how long did they take to reply if they didYes they do accept them! I've sent 2 since I applied and still not heard back, but couldn't hurt my chances could it 🙂
sometimes they don’t I called admissions and talked to ms.hicks and she sent me a confirmation email right then and there she was really nice
So you can call and tell them you sent one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Completely silence since the secondary. Completed end of Julyis anyone still waiting for an II?
Do they accept update letters? Do you think sending any would help?
Yes they do. Email
Has anyone received pre-II r?
usually they send them in may, at end of cycleHas anyone received pre-II r?
They are sending interview invitations through Early April and expect the last interviews to be finished by the end of April.
They do it at end of cycle. Last cycle I got pre-ii R at end of JuneHas anyone received pre-II r?
D
deleted1061520
I wish they could send it earlier as they review, than waiting till the end.They do it at end of cycle. Last cycle I got pre-ii R at end of June
In case anyone was curious about 2022 match results, since it's not posted on the website last time I checked, I went to second look today
2022 had a 99% match rate, most popular of that class was family medicine with 13 matches, anesthesia with 12 matches, I think peds was also 12. (I might have mixed up the numbers for anesthesia and family med though). I think internal medicine was also popular
I think(?) There was 1 plastic match, 2 urology matches, I saw an ENT on the slide too but forgot the number of students it said
If anyone else also went today and i got the numbers wrong please let me know. I dont remember exact numbers for everything because the slide wasn't up that long, so please forgive me
2022 had a 99% match rate, most popular of that class was family medicine with 13 matches, anesthesia with 12 matches, I think peds was also 12. (I might have mixed up the numbers for anesthesia and family med though). I think internal medicine was also popular
I think(?) There was 1 plastic match, 2 urology matches, I saw an ENT on the slide too but forgot the number of students it said
If anyone else also went today and i got the numbers wrong please let me know. I dont remember exact numbers for everything because the slide wasn't up that long, so please forgive me
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
At this point I am just going to assume I was rejected, so it comes a pleasant surprise if an II does happen. The wait has been too long, the excitement once had is tumbling into anxiety/insanity and I chose peace, lol.I wish they could send it earlier as they review, than waiting till the end.
In case anyone was curious about 2022 match results, since it's not posted on the website last time I checked, I went to second look today
2022 had a 99% match rate, most popular of that class was family medicine with 13 matches, anesthesia with 12 matches, I think peds was also 12. (I might have mixed up the numbers for anesthesia and family med though). I think internal medicine was also popular
I think(?) There was 1 plastic match, 2 urology matches, I saw an ENT on the slide too but forgot the number of students it said
If anyone else also went today and i got the numbers wrong please let me know. I dont remember exact numbers for everything because the slide wasn't up that long, so please forgive me
Thanks. Also did they talk about interviews?
Unfortunately noThanks. Also did they talk about interviews?
D
deleted1061520
I totally agree. I’m already assuming I have been rejected at the remaining schools I’m waiting to hear back from, for my sanity. Lol. The process and the wait have been long, excruciating and filled with uncertainties and I don’t do well with uncertainty. LolAt this point I am just going to assume I was rejected, so it comes a pleasant surprise if an II does happen. The wait has been too long, the excitement once had is tumbling into anxiety/insanity and I chose peace, lol.
I am an overrepresented minority (demographically) who applied here. Im fully aware that the school is a HBCU.
Im curious if there are there are other overrepresented minorities(on this sub) who have applied to Howard.
Yes, i did
The group chat has risen to 80 lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future_Med22
Full Member
Is this for any accepted student or only those that have been accepted and are committing to Howard?The group chat has risen to 80 lol
Is this for any accepted student or only those that have been accepted and are committing to Howard?
Accepted students not committed
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
There’s still hope for an interview y’all! They’re just not sending them in batches. I have hope 🙂
Yeah there is hope. Last years group had 162 including admins
Had an interview recently and loved it! Did anyone who interviewed and received an A earlier in the cycle remember how long they waited? We were given an idea who long we should expect but I'm just curious.
oblivateee
New Member
I waited a little over two weeks & they told us it would take 2-3 weeks. Hope you get an A soon 🙂Had an interview recently and loved it! Did anyone who interviewed and received an A earlier in the cycle remember how long they waited? We were given an idea who long we should expect but I'm just curious.
Thank you! Hope we'll be classmates soon.I waited a little over two weeks & they told us it would take 2-3 weeks. Hope you get an A soon 🙂
xoxogossipgirlxoxo
Full Member
Had an interview recently and loved it! Did anyone who interviewed and received an A earlier in the cycle remember how long they waited? We were given an idea who long we should expect but I'm just curious.
Been a weekish, got WLHad an interview recently and loved it! Did anyone who interviewed and received an A earlier in the cycle remember how long they waited? We were given an idea who long we should expect but I'm just curious.
Rejected...
post interview?Rejected...
Yuppost interview?
Oh no! I was really rooting for you. Do you have acceptances anywhere else?Rejected...
NopeOh no! I was really rooting for you. Do you have acceptances anywhere else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews anywhere else ?Nope
KCUCOM. Debating even going at this point.Interviews anywhere else ?
Please go! Don't be discouraged. This process can be demoralizing, but focus on your goal of being a doctor, not how hard the process is. I totally get how you're feeling, but don't let this weigh you down.KCUCOM. Debating even going at this point.
Just wanted to add that I have been at this for a while myself. This is my 2nd application cycle and I've only been accepted to 1 school, so I'm speaking from experience when I encourage you. Your lab coat is going to say Dr. and no one is going to know how many times you took the MCAT or how many application cycles it took you.
Last edited:
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
Keep your head up brother! Rejection is re-direction, and if you want to be a doctor you will be! There is no timeline, there is no deadline, and it only takes one. I have seen your other posts, and you are super resilient and know that sis is rooting for you! This cycle or the next, always want to encourage folks because medicine needs us. DO or MD doesn't matter, what matters is that you are a doctor: a Black doctor (there are so few of us as it is). DM if you want any advice or interview resources... kind of in an awk period myself rn... so just hang tight. What is meant for you will manifest.KCUCOM. Debating even going at this point.
I'm so sorry to hear 🙁 Wishing you the best of luck for the other schools you applied toRejected...