2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any invites?

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Since todays a second look day and next week is the match day week, I’m assuming we won’t hear back for another two weeks right? I interviewed 2/22. Saw 2/15 got decided last Friday so I was hoping today would be for my week.

Are they done interviewing? Only asking bc I know they interview pretty late into the cycle

Reactions: 1 users
Are they done interviewing? Only asking bc I know they interview pretty late into the cycle
I think during the last First Friday Open House they mentioned expecting to interview into the second or third week of April. My guess is they will wrap up interviews in at the end of April (maybe a little later based on previous years). Likely though, those later interviews might be for WL positions.

Did anyone get a confirmation email when you decided to withdraw your application? I withdrew my application last week, but I have not received an acknowledgement email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 slots for March 1, 10 slots for March 22 and 10 slots for March 28
So.... Howard gives II like 3 weeks before an interview date typically... so it's safe to assume they've sent all the invites for these lol. also it seems like no II were given out in march so far? Hate to sound neurotic but it's been 9 months since i've submitted my secondary and not hearing much transparency from admissions sucks :confused:

Also if it helps anyone: from previous years threads it seems like there will be 3 interview dates in April.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Hello! If anyone has been to a Second Look session, can you tell me what to expect or how your experience was

Hello! If anyone has been to a Second Look session, can you tell me what to expect or how your experience was
It started off with students waiting in front if the auditorium as a chance to meet each other and there were also current students present to talk about the school and answer questions

After that, they took us into the auditorium to do a presentation going over school curriculum and resources.

Then after that is a tour of the school and campus led by more current students.

After the tour they let us go. Box lunches were given after the auditorium presentation and before the tour, but we didn't get to eat them until after the tour.

It started off with students waiting in front if the auditorium as a chance to meet each other and there were also current students present to talk about the school and answer questions

After that, they took us into the auditorium to do a presentation going over school curriculum and resources.

Then after that is a tour of the school and campus led by more current students.

After the tour they let us go. Box lunches were given after the auditorium presentation and before the tour, but we didn't get to eat them until after the tour.
Cool! Thank you so much

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the Second Look Day is in May? This was briefly mentioned during my interview but I can't seem to find the exact date in my notes. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the Second Look Day is in May? This was briefly mentioned during my interview but I can't seem to find the exact date in my notes. Thanks!
05/26

hey y'all! Does anyone know if April IIs have been sent out yet?

for those that have interviewed, did your email regarding your admission decision actually come around the time Ms. Celia Williams-Fowlkes estimated in the "Thank you" email she sent after the interview?

for those that have interviewed, did your email regarding your admission decision actually come around the time Ms. Celia Williams-Fowlkes estimated in the "Thank you" email she sent after the interview?
Mine came about 3 days after!

A few days before actually

Anyone who interviewed the last week of February hear anything yet? It’s been over a month now…scared this means bad news. Just don’t know why it’s taking so long, even considering the match week/spring break.

I’m sorry to hear :( Was your MCAT above the 493 cut off?

Hey! No worries, thank you :)
I was at their cutoff, so not too impressive.
I’m retaking my MCAT tho bc I believe that is def what held me back this cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

And their cut off is actually 494 xoxo

Wishing you the absolute best in this cycle or the next, future doc <3

I think they usually wait till the very end to intevriew, candidates with a sub 500, a couple of my friends who interviewed and matriculated were looked at very last. Your time is coming but it will be at the end unfortunately.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing here this week! How were the vibes for those who have already interviewed? Also, what is the Interviewed Applicant Supplemental form?

Interviewing here this week! How were the vibes for those who have already interviewed? Also, what is the Interviewed Applicant Supplemental form?

Vibes were pretty conversational! Just know your app well and prep for the typical questions. And are you referring to the essays we have to do on the day of?

I think they usually wait till the very end to intevriew, candidates with a sub 500, a couple of my friends who interviewed and matriculated were looked at very last. Your time is coming but it will be at the end unfortunately.
Has anyone that received an II or an acceptance have a sub 500 MCAT?
this isn't necessarily the case. I know a few people sub 500 who interviewed around Jan., but they had pretty crazy GPAs.. take everything on SDN w/ a grain of salt

Do they send interview invites mid april or are final interviews actually held in mid april?

The website says “September through April: Interviews are scheduled.” I’m taking that as interview invites can be sent out in April? Like when do interviews actually end for them lol

Vibes were pretty conversational! Just know your app well and prep for the typical questions. And are you referring to the essays we have to do on the day of?
Thank you for your input! And yes, from the email the admissions office had mentioned it as a form. Is there a way to prepare for the essays?

Last edited: