You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Damn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they done interviewing? Only asking bc I know they interview pretty late into the cycle
I think during the last First Friday Open House they mentioned expecting to interview into the second or third week of April. My guess is they will wrap up interviews in at the end of April (maybe a little later based on previous years). Likely though, those later interviews might be for WL positions.Are they done interviewing? Only asking bc I know they interview pretty late into the cycle
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Did anyone get a confirmation email when you decided to withdraw your application? I withdrew my application last week, but I have not received an acknowledgement email yet.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
So.... Howard gives II like 3 weeks before an interview date typically... so it's safe to assume they've sent all the invites for these lol. also it seems like no II were given out in march so far? Hate to sound neurotic but it's been 9 months since i've submitted my secondary and not hearing much transparency from admissions sucks 😕2 slots for March 1, 10 slots for March 22 and 10 slots for March 28
Also if it helps anyone: from previous years threads it seems like there will be 3 interview dates in April.
Last edited:
princessbubblegum1
Full Member
Hello! If anyone has been to a Second Look session, can you tell me what to expect or how your experience was [emoji846]
It started off with students waiting in front if the auditorium as a chance to meet each other and there were also current students present to talk about the school and answer questionsHello! If anyone has been to a Second Look session, can you tell me what to expect or how your experience was [emoji846]
After that, they took us into the auditorium to do a presentation going over school curriculum and resources.
Then after that is a tour of the school and campus led by more current students.
After the tour they let us go. Box lunches were given after the auditorium presentation and before the tour, but we didn't get to eat them until after the tour.
princessbubblegum1
Full Member
Cool! Thank you so muchIt started off with students waiting in front if the auditorium as a chance to meet each other and there were also current students present to talk about the school and answer questions
After that, they took us into the auditorium to do a presentation going over school curriculum and resources.
Then after that is a tour of the school and campus led by more current students.
After the tour they let us go. Box lunches were given after the auditorium presentation and before the tour, but we didn't get to eat them until after the tour.
05/26Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the Second Look Day is in May? This was briefly mentioned during my interview but I can't seem to find the exact date in my notes. Thanks!
I dont think so because this was week was match week so im sure it will start next weekhey y'all! Does anyone know if April IIs have been sent out yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Are WL/Alternate List folks able to go to second look?
yesAre WL/Alternate List folks able to go to second look?
Interview invite. There were 4 dates 3/29, 4/11, 4/12, and 4/18
C
CongratssssInterview invite. There were 4 dates 3/29, 4/11, 4/12, and 4/18
Mine came about 3 days after!for those that have interviewed, did your email regarding your admission decision actually come around the time Ms. Celia Williams-Fowlkes estimated in the "Thank you" email she sent after the interview?
Future_Med22
Full Member
Congratulations! Does it state how many slots are available for each date?Interview invite. There were 4 dates 3/29, 4/11, 4/12, and 4/18
for those that have interviewed, did your email regarding your admission decision actually come around the time Ms. Celia Williams-Fowlkes estimated in the "Thank you" email she sent after the interview?
A few days before actually
10-12Congratulations! Does it state how many slots are available for each date?
ThanksC
Congratssss
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I’m sorry to hear 🙁 Was your MCAT above the 493 cut off?Pre II R.
Good luck guys! Xoxo
I’m sorry to hear 🙁 Was your MCAT above the 493 cut off?
Hey! No worries, thank you 🙂
I was at their cutoff, so not too impressive.
I’m retaking my MCAT tho bc I believe that is def what held me back this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! No worries, thank you 🙂
I was at their cutoff, so not too impressive.
I’m retaking my MCAT tho bc I believe that is def what held me back this cycle.
And their cut off is actually 494 xoxo
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Wishing you the absolute best in this cycle or the next, future doc <3Hey! No worries, thank you 🙂
I was at their cutoff, so not too impressive.
I’m retaking my MCAT tho bc I believe that is def what held me back this cycle.
Future_Med22
Full Member
Has anyone that received an II or an acceptance have a sub 500 MCAT?
I think they usually wait till the very end to intevriew, candidates with a sub 500, a couple of my friends who interviewed and matriculated were looked at very last. Your time is coming but it will be at the end unfortunately.
canyonmoon528
Full Member
Interviewing here this week! How were the vibes for those who have already interviewed? Also, what is the Interviewed Applicant Supplemental form?
Interviewing here this week! How were the vibes for those who have already interviewed? Also, what is the Interviewed Applicant Supplemental form?
Vibes were pretty conversational! Just know your app well and prep for the typical questions. And are you referring to the essays we have to do on the day of?
this isn't necessarily the case. I know a few people sub 500 who interviewed around Jan., but they had pretty crazy GPAs.. take everything on SDN w/ a grain of saltI think they usually wait till the very end to intevriew, candidates with a sub 500, a couple of my friends who interviewed and matriculated were looked at very last. Your time is coming but it will be at the end unfortunately.
Has anyone that received an II or an acceptance have a sub 500 MCAT?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Do they send interview invites mid april or are final interviews actually held in mid april?
Do they send interview invites mid april or are final interviews actually held in mid april?
I think they might be done sending II since they started sending out Pre-II R
^ Not true whatsoever
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
The website says “September through April: Interviews are scheduled.” I’m taking that as interview invites can be sent out in April? Like when do interviews actually end for them lol
canyonmoon528
Full Member
Thank you for your input! And yes, from the email the admissions office had mentioned it as a form. Is there a way to prepare for the essays?Vibes were pretty conversational! Just know your app well and prep for the typical questions. And are you referring to the essays we have to do on the day of?
Last edited:
princessbubblegum1
Full Member
I have a 499, I interviewed Feb 1st. My undergrad science GPA is 3.69. I also completed a post-bacc and graduated with a 3.9Has anyone that received an II or an acceptance have a sub 500 MCAT?
Hope this helps!
Future_Med22
Full Member
Thank you! I'm guessing that invites are over so if so I’ll reapply next cycle.I have a 499, I interviewed Feb 1st. My undergrad science GPA is 3.69. I also completed a post-bacc and graduated with a 3.9
Hope this helps!
iceylatte
Full Member
Yes I believe in previous cycles, IIs have gone out through April. Some even got IIs in May last year. I guess it just depends on how many they expect to accept their acceptance so the class can be filledThe website says “September through April: Interviews are scheduled.” I’m taking that as interview invites can be sent out in April? Like when do interviews actually end for them lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I'm guessing that invites are over so if so I’ll reapply next cycle.
I called and they said they’re still sending out II till interview is over
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Did they specify around how many invites they had left to send out?I called and they said they’re still sending out II till interview is over
Did they specify around how many invites they had left to send out?
Nope