2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have to commit to UICOM in order to receive the campus assignment?

Commitment for AMCAS schools comes end of April early May. There is no deposit for UICOM. To get a campus assignment you need to be accepted, have accepted their acceptance, and ranked your campuses on the application portal. No email will be sent once you’re assigned, you’ll just have to check the portal regularly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are OOS interviews still being given out? Heard they're interviewing through end of Feb

Reactions: 1 users
got II last night, OOS, ORM, last date available was 2/17.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m uncertain that’s why I’m asking.
Pretty sure UIC interviews until March. The last date available to them does not = the last date for interviews overall. Most of the time when people receive an II, there is a set of dates they get to choose from otherwise you'd have people getting IIs in Fall scheduling in Spring, and then Spring II recipients have no dates available to them.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure UIC interviews until March. The last date available to them does not = the last date for interviews overall. Most of the time when people receive an II, there is a set of dates they get to choose from otherwise you'd have people getting IIs in Fall scheduling in Spring, and then Spring II recipients have no dates available to them.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that!

• Love
Imagine if all schools have ALL dates as available. It would create a new element to this game where the optimal move is for early interviewees to select late interview dates, leaving August-October interviews EMPTY and filling November-March, thus eliminating all “late” applicants who will have no spots available to them by the time the adcoms get to their file 😈😈😈😈

• Haha
Imagine if all schools have ALL dates as available. It would create a new element to this game where the optimal move is for early interviewees to select late interview dates, leaving August-October interviews EMPTY and filling November-March, thus eliminating all “late” applicants who will have no spots available to them by the time the adcoms get to their file 😈😈😈😈
you, my friend, are quite the schemer XD

wow omg you got quite a few IIs these past couple of days, congrats!
thanks!

Nice! When were you complete?
7/31, a long while ago

Is that confirmation that this is the exact final date? Hoping not to be discouraged. Congratulations by the way.
I'm not sure if 2/17 is the last date! just the last one available to me. I think dates can always open up later, so hope you're not feeling too discouraged! didnt mean to cause worry!

Interview invite just now (2/12). Complete 7/31, there is still hope for you all! IS, LizzyM 77. Only available dates were 2/15 and 2/23.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if they’re going to offer more IS II based on completion date :oops:

• Hmm
Are Snapshot and Duet required for an A? I haven't done them and wondering if I should, or if it's not necessary.

Are Snapshot and Duet required for an A? I haven't done them and wondering if I should, or if it's not necessary.
I think it’s required to get a decision, but it’s not required for an interview. Would def get them in before a decision is due as it may impact timing. Also they’re super fast to get done :)

• Care
Not sure if anyone has posted this but I spoke with admissions and they told me second look day will be virtual and on March 24th

Chicago campus assignment received 10:40 CST! Acceptance was 12/21.

Did everyone who got a II choose a concentration when submitting secondaries, I know it was optional?

I did not choose a concentration and received an II and A.
Congratulations! I'm really hoping for an II from here, but am losing hope at this point. Also corgis are indeed life, wonderful floofy little butts <3

Reactions: 4 users
Per the portal and an email, it looks like campus placement appeals are no longer a thing during this application cycle

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone awaiting a decision tomorrow, praying we all get the A 🤞

Can you apply for a concentration after an interview (but before the concentration application deadline) or is that something you would’ve had to do beforehand?

Can you apply for a concentration after an interview (but before the concentration application deadline) or is that something you would’ve had to do beforehand?
Yup you can through the portal!

II today!!! At around 11am CST! Complete late september

Either they didn't send out A's yet or today just wasn't my day :rofl:

Looks like from previous posts decisions came out around 5pm or slightly later. I expect they send out automated emails beginning at 5pm or so. I’ve been on the edge of my seat all day today. Just another hour and a half. 😪

Looks like from previous posts decisions came out around 5pm or slightly later. I expect they send out automated emails beginning at 5pm or so. I’ve been on the edge of my seat all day today. Just another hour and a half. 😪
You can check time stamps on previous comments?

Yeah, on desktop you hover over the date with your mouse and it will show you the time.
Thanks for the tip! Hoping they had time to review our app before this month’s meeting. They should’ve as I think people have got decisions as soon as 1 week after interviewing, but we’ll see I guess.

II @ 1258 today!!! (IS; LM: 72; complete 8/4) GANG IT AIN'T OVER TIL ITS OVER!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
when people got their interview invite email, was the individual's email that was listed at the bottom from a particular campus? mine is, so just wondering if this plays any factor into the location decision

Are we expecting any news today (especially those on DD)? Getting antsy...

when people got their interview invite email, was the individual's email that was listed at the bottom from a particular campus? mine is, so just wondering if this plays any factor into the location decision
There were two emails listed at the bottom for me and neither were from the campus I was assigned to, I don’t think it matters!

I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one