2022-2023 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m uncertain that’s why I’m asking.
Pretty sure UIC interviews until March. The last date available to them does not = the last date for interviews overall. Most of the time when people receive an II, there is a set of dates they get to choose from otherwise you'd have people getting IIs in Fall scheduling in Spring, and then Spring II recipients have no dates available to them.
 
Pretty sure UIC interviews until March. The last date available to them does not = the last date for interviews overall. Most of the time when people receive an II, there is a set of dates they get to choose from otherwise you'd have people getting IIs in Fall scheduling in Spring, and then Spring II recipients have no dates available to them.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that!
 
Pretty sure UIC interviews until March. The last date available to them does not = the last date for interviews overall. Most of the time when people receive an II, there is a set of dates they get to choose from otherwise you'd have people getting IIs in Fall scheduling in Spring, and then Spring II recipients have no dates available to them.
Imagine if all schools have ALL dates as available. It would create a new element to this game where the optimal move is for early interviewees to select late interview dates, leaving August-October interviews EMPTY and filling November-March, thus eliminating all “late” applicants who will have no spots available to them by the time the adcoms get to their file 😈😈😈😈
 
Imagine if all schools have ALL dates as available. It would create a new element to this game where the optimal move is for early interviewees to select late interview dates, leaving August-October interviews EMPTY and filling November-March, thus eliminating all “late” applicants who will have no spots available to them by the time the adcoms get to their file 😈😈😈😈
you, my friend, are quite the schemer XD
 
wow omg you got quite a few IIs these past couple of days, congrats!
thanks!

Nice! When were you complete?
7/31, a long while ago

Is that confirmation that this is the exact final date? Hoping not to be discouraged. Congratulations by the way.
I'm not sure if 2/17 is the last date! just the last one available to me. I think dates can always open up later, so hope you're not feeling too discouraged! didnt mean to cause worry!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you apply for a concentration after an interview (but before the concentration application deadline) or is that something you would’ve had to do beforehand?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Either they didn't send out A's yet or today just wasn't my day 🤣

Looks like from previous posts decisions came out around 5pm or slightly later. I expect they send out automated emails beginning at 5pm or so. I’ve been on the edge of my seat all day today. Just another hour and a half. 😪
 
Looks like from previous posts decisions came out around 5pm or slightly later. I expect they send out automated emails beginning at 5pm or so. I’ve been on the edge of my seat all day today. Just another hour and a half. 😪
You can check time stamps on previous comments?
 
when people got their interview invite email, was the individual's email that was listed at the bottom from a particular campus? mine is, so just wondering if this plays any factor into the location decision
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when people got their interview invite email, was the individual's email that was listed at the bottom from a particular campus? mine is, so just wondering if this plays any factor into the location decision
There were two emails listed at the bottom for me and neither were from the campus I was assigned to, I don’t think it matters!
 
I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one
 
I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one
I just googled the person’s name and found them on the UICOM website and sent them a thank you note rather than to admissions . Though I feel like if you send it to admissions they have the ability to forward it to the intended person 🙂
 
I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one
I didn't send one. They didn't mention thank you notes at all in the closing presentation and they did not make the emails of the faculty interviewers available to you, so my impression is that they probably do not want thank you notes. Other schools I interviewed at provided specific instructions for sending them at the end of the interview and made the contact info for the interviewers available. So I think if they want them, they will address it specifically.
 
I didn't send one. They didn't mention thank you notes at all in the closing presentation and they did not make the emails of the faculty interviewers available to you, so my impression is that they probably do not want thank you notes. Other schools I interviewed at provided specific instructions for sending them at the end of the interview and made the contact info for the interviewers available. So I think if they want them, they will address it specifically.
Interesting… when I had my interview they said that if we are interested in sending thank you notes, on the blackboard link they sent us a week prior to the interview, they have a word document that has the faculty interviewers email addresses. But This was back in October, things might have changed