2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be worthwhile to send a letter of intent/update before they meet next? I'm IS and interviewed on 2/14, so I was hoping it might move the needle a bit in terms of getting the A vs DD. The updates are substantial so it's just a matter of the timing

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be worthwhile to send a letter of intent/update before they meet next? I'm IS and interviewed on 2/14, so I was hoping it might move the needle a bit in terms of getting the A vs DD. The updates are substantial so it's just a matter of the timing
I also interviewed on valentines :) You should definitely send an update before the next time they meet if it's substantial! I sent an update before I got the interview invite so that might've helped me. If I get waitlisted I definitely intend on sending an LOI as well though. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 2/9, has anybody heard back from this group? are they still sending out decisions until the end of the week or was it just yesterday. Like, if i was placed on DD they will notify me right? AHH the angst lol

Congrats to all the A’s! Does the scholarly concentration application portion have to be complete before they can offer you an interview?

Congrats to all the A’s! Does the scholarly concentration application portion have to be complete before they can offer you an interview?
It does not! That portion is totally optional

No, many people get interviews before completing the scholarly concentrations. You are still able to complete them post II

A yesterday at 8pm! Interviewed 9/28. Best of luck to my potential future classmates and all of those still hanging in there. 😁

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an A, interviewed 1/18. So thrilled!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today by email after interviewing on 02/10/2023!

Those who got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats and also time of the completion of your apps? I’m still waiting to hear back and I wanna know if it’s worth the wait at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted last night as well! IS applicant interviewed late Jan.

DD earlier today, interviewed 2/3, LM 70, IS, alma mater, dream school 🥲

Genuinely so sad right now there is literally nowhere I want to go more for med school and it hurts so much more coming from your alma mater. Also looking at the non-existent WL movement from 20-21 and 19-20 just depressed me further. Happy for the rest of you though ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II right now. I still feel like it could be a mistake since it’s so late in the app process, but I scheduled something!

DD earlier today, interviewed 2/3, LM 70, IS, alma mater, dream school 🥲

Genuinely so sad right now there is literally nowhere I want to go more for med school and it hurts so much more coming from your alma mater. Also looking at the non-existent WL movement from 20-21 and 19-20 just depressed me further. Happy for the rest of you though ❤️
About less than 70% of the acceptances have been handed out right now, there is still 2 more months where they will continually review you before we turn WL.

About less than 70% of the acceptances have been handed out right now, there is still 2 more months where they will continually review you before we turn WL.
Where are you sourcing the <70% figure from? Did they state this officially?

• Hmm
To anyone still waiting for an II, I just called admissions and they told me that they were initially planning on ending interviews at the end of February, but have now extended to early March, so hopefully we still have a chance!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Where are you sourcing the <70% figure from? Did they state this officially?
It's rests on a major assumption on my part, I should have qualified that. Since they're not rolling, I figured each time they get together they're accepting about as much people each month to "pace their acceptances" as they have stated on their site. They start sending As starting October and this goes thru April (7 months). So now February admissions is here, month 5, so 5/7, around 70%, assuming their acceptances rate each month is the same. I only say it could be less than 70% because they accept people during the waitlist. This is all pseudoscientific though.

For accepted students is there any information about second look?

To anyone still waiting for an II, I just called admissions and they told me that they were initially planning on ending interviews at the end of February, but have now extended to early March, so hopefully we still have a chance!!!
clinging onto this lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for the perspective! I was all over the place in the moment, but now that I've had some time, I realize a DD/WL here is a far better situation than at other schools. All I can do now is send a LOI and hope that, if it does come down to the waitlist, many will be granted admission from it like last year's cycle. Congrats again to all the accepted, and wishing the best for my fellow DD applicants!

Secondary submitted in July and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat? They have all of my transcripts, letters of rec, etc. Should I assume R at this point? Fortunately I have an acceptance elsewhere.

Secondary submitted in July and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat? They have all of my transcripts, letters of rec, etc. Should I assume R at this point? Fortunately I have an acceptance elsewhere.
+1, submitted mid august

II IS!!!!! I LITERALLY COULDNT BELIEVE IT!! CURRENTLY CRYING 😭 complete July and literally thought I had no chance at this school at this point in the cycle but omg omg ahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Long shot but has any MSTP applicants heard anything from UICOM? I interviewed in early December and they told us they’d get back to us within 6 weeks. I sent an update/LOI in January, but it’s still radio silence 🥲.

II IS!!!!! I LITERALLY COULDNT BELIEVE IT!! CURRENTLY CRYING 😭 complete July and literally thought I had no chance at this school at this point in the cycle but omg omg ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Congrats!!! I guess that answers my question haha

Reactions: 1 users
Long shot but has any MSTP applicants heard anything from UICOM? I interviewed in early December and they told us they’d get back to us within 6 weeks. I sent an update/LOI in January, but it’s still radio silence 🥲.
wondering the same! its been silence for me since January

Yeah a colleague of mine interviewed for MSTP early December and heard back 2 weeks later

I would reach out to them. Did they reply to your update? I just interviewed in Feb and they said they’d try to get back to us within 2 weeks.

I would reach out to them. Did they reply to your update? I just interviewed in Feb and they said they’d try to get back to us within 2 weeks.
They gave the same 2-week timeline during my interview in late January, but they have still just been silent

They gave the same 2-week timeline during my interview in late January, but they have still just been silent
Love it lol. I'm not holding my breath but just fwiw Janine acknowledged that they needed to get initial decisions out asap as it's getting late in the cycle

Is anyone aware of whether campus assignments are given out on a rolling basis and if interviewing later will decrease your odds of getting into your #1 choice?

For those who interviewed last Thursday did you guys ever get a post-interview survey + the group photo sent to you?

Is anyone aware of whether campus assignments are given out on a rolling basis and if interviewing later will decrease your odds of getting into your #1 choice?
Anecdotally I know someone last year who Interviewed late feb and still got her first choice Chicago. If your first choice is Chicago there probably is smaller odds later on in the cycle but idk how significantly

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the chances of an acceptance this late in the cycle? I’m pretty sure my interview is that last interview day :( not sure if I should send a letter of intent afterwards or not.

There seems to be a high post-ii acceptance rate based on 2021 data and data presented at the interview closing session (702 invited, 598 accepted in 2022). From an IS perspective, I wonder how badly you need to mess up at the interview to get rejected. Any thoughts?

Does anyone know the chances of an acceptance this late in the cycle? I’m pretty sure my interview is that last interview day :( not sure if I should send a letter of intent afterwards or not.
If you don’t mind, could you share your interview date?

So are they done with interviews?
They are finishing up Interviews this month. I reached out yesterday since I haven't heard anything since August and they said the cycle is coming to an end as march is the last batch of interviews.

does anyone know why this year has been a lil different? It could def be reporting bias but there have been a lot of OOS applicants interviewing compared to older threads + things have been really slow here.

Last edited: