2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one
I just googled the person’s name and found them on the UICOM website and sent them a thank you note rather than to admissions . Though I feel like if you send it to admissions they have the ability to forward it to the intended person :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I never got the email for my faculty interviewer and was wondering if people sent their thank you letters to the admissions team in general or just didn't send one
I didn't send one. They didn't mention thank you notes at all in the closing presentation and they did not make the emails of the faculty interviewers available to you, so my impression is that they probably do not want thank you notes. Other schools I interviewed at provided specific instructions for sending them at the end of the interview and made the contact info for the interviewers available. So I think if they want them, they will address it specifically.

I didn't send one. They didn't mention thank you notes at all in the closing presentation and they did not make the emails of the faculty interviewers available to you, so my impression is that they probably do not want thank you notes. Other schools I interviewed at provided specific instructions for sending them at the end of the interview and made the contact info for the interviewers available. So I think if they want them, they will address it specifically.
Interesting… when I had my interview they said that if we are interested in sending thank you notes, on the blackboard link they sent us a week prior to the interview, they have a word document that has the faculty interviewers email addresses. But This was back in October, things might have changed

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview, Dr. Thompson (associate dean for admissions) said they're not required and emphasized that they have no impact on admissions decisions, but we could still send one if we wanted to.

Interesting… when I had my interview they said that if we are interested in sending thank you notes, on the blackboard link they sent us a week prior to the interview, they have a word document that has the faculty interviewers email addresses. But This was back in October, things might have changed
Oops. Just found the list of emails on the Blackboard page. I guess it's too late to send now. But yeah, there was zero mention of thank you notes during my interview day, which I thought was odd (every other interview I've had addressed them specifically in the closing remarks). Glad to hear Dr. Thompson said it didn't impact our admissions decision... 😬

🤡

Attachments

• A5533C12-218E-42B2-8708-B22AD2AAB58E.jpeg
    A5533C12-218E-42B2-8708-B22AD2AAB58E.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
LOL I wonder what's going on for real. I hope they're not hesitating on giving out A's because they're already nearing their quota and don't want to risk over-filling 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
LOL I wonder what's going on for real. I hope they're not hesitating on giving out A's because they're already nearing their quota and don't want to risk over-filling 😬
I was thinking about this too…but I also was thinking if they were close to filling the class then why send out another wave of II’s ya know? Idk I’m clueless about this stuff lol

I was thinking about this too…but I also was thinking if they were close to filling the class then why send out another wave of II’s ya know? Idk I’m clueless about this stuff lol
Yeah no totally makes sense, just my neurotic side talking haha... it's just weird how they skipped this month considering how they haven't done so any other month since they started releasing decisions. Maybe I'm speaking too soon though... still 9 days until the end of the month

Yeah no totally makes sense, just my neurotic side talking haha... it's just weird how they skipped this month considering how they haven't done so any other month since they started releasing decisions. Maybe I'm speaking too soon though... still 9 days until the end of the month
Monday’s a holiday. Deep breaths. Decisions will likely come out tomorrow :) don’t think they skipped a month just yet

Hey y’all I’m IS and was complete in July. This was my top choice but have not heard anything. Does anyone know when the last wave of II come out or if they have stopped interviewing? (I am thinking of reaching out and asking admissions)

Reactions: 1 users
The timeline on their website says August-February for interview invitations. I'd say our chances are zero to slim for an interview at this point unfortunately.

• Sad
Did anyone notice whether the scholarly concentration application deadline changed? I can't tell if I'm just further losing my mind, but I swear that it used to be 03/01 and now appears as 04/01 in my portal. Maybe they aren't getting as many applicants as they expected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone notice whether the scholarly concentration application deadline changed? I can't tell if I'm just further losing my mind, but I swear that it used to be 03/01 and now appears as 04/01 in my portal. Maybe they aren't getting as many applicants as they expected?
I interviewed last week Dr. Thompson said they decided to move the application back, so you're definitely not losing your mind lol. I was also wondering about how the scholarly concentrations worked with the different campuses (since some are campus-specific), and he actually suggested waiting until after the campus assignment to apply, since the campus assignments are final and would affect concentration eligibility based on the location.
Since that's the case, I'm not sure why they don't just have us apply after we're admitted with our campus assignment honestly. I still think I'm going to go ahead and get mine written up before the deadline, but just seems like a weird process in terms of timing.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed last week Dr. Thompson said they decided to move the application back, so you're definitely not losing your mind lol. I was also wondering about how the scholarly concentrations worked with the different campuses (since some are campus-specific), and he actually suggested waiting until after the campus assignment to apply, since the campus assignments are final and would affect concentration eligibility based on the location.
Since that's the case, I'm not sure why they don't just have us apply after we're admitted with our campus assignment honestly. I still think I'm going to go ahead and get mine written up before the deadline, but just seems like a weird process in terms of timing.
Thanks for the helpful reply! I agree, the timing of the scholarly concentration application process is pretty odd given that circumstance...

Another other folks with an A here who don't have it shown up on the ACMAS CYMS tool? Not sure if I should wait to email admissions or not

So I'm DD but I was hoping to apply to the IMED concentration because I'd like to stay in Chicago (and I have an interest in med tech) but are you saying Dr. Thompson suggests we wait and see if one is accepted and two put on the Chicago campus?
Thanks for letting us know about what Dr. Thompson said!

Another other folks with an A here who don't have it shown up on the ACMAS CYMS tool? Not sure if I should wait to email admissions or not
I got my A in November, but UICOM didn’t submit my A to AMCAS until January. So there may be a delay between being accepted and PTE capability.

So I'm DD but I was hoping to apply to the IMED concentration because I'd like to stay in Chicago (and I have an interest in med tech) but are you saying Dr. Thompson suggests we wait and see if one is accepted and two put on the Chicago campus?
Thanks for letting us know about what Dr. Thompson said!
Yeah, that's basically what he said when I asked him during the interview. I don't know the exact timeline for how the concentration review process goes though, so I don't know if maybe it's worth a follow-up clarification email. I'm probably not going to sit on it for too long even though I expect it's going to be a bit until I hear back

None of them seem to care that I’m waiting 🤔

Attachments

• 47DD7E73-2A42-452F-B6BE-FB3ED451DED8.jpeg
    47DD7E73-2A42-452F-B6BE-FB3ED451DED8.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 1/17 heard back yet? I thought they were planning to release decision last Friday...

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/17 heard back yet? I thought they were planning to release decision last Friday...
Also interviewed 1/17 and haven't heard! Might send an email today to check on the status (just so I'm not holding my breath till the end of the month).

• Wow
So I received and email inviting me to interview but for the post- baccalaureate program? Even though I already have a masters? Then I received another email asking me to confirm my interview for the college of medicine In the portal. And when I log in there is a tab for interview. Anybody has this happen before? Am I being considered for the medical school or is this a rejection for the medical school but interview for something else

Just received an A via email. OOS, interviewed Feb 3. Wow 😭

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
So I received and email inviting me to interview but for the post- baccalaureate program? Even though I already have a masters? Then I received another email asking me to confirm my interview for the college of medicine In the portal. And when I log in there is a tab for interview. Anybody has this happen before? Am I being considered for the medical school or is this a rejection for the medical school but interview for something else
what post bacc? the PAP?

Got the A. My first ****ing A. 🥹🥹🥹 interviewed Feb 3rd

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Interviewed in January and was out on DD last month and have not heard back yet. IS and getting worried
Haven't heard back since being put on DD in October, im OOS, but yea worried as well.

Haven't heard back since being put on DD in October, im OOS, but yea worried as well.
Don’t worry! I’m sure both of you have great chances of being accepted being put on DD that early :)

• Care
Hearing radio silence since my interview in December while my friend got in, got 3 more of these torturous months before its a complete wrap. Wish I knew what I did so wrong on my application.

Just got the A, interviewed in September! First A as a reapplicant so over the moon rn

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the A, interviewed in September! First A as a reapplicant so over the moon rn
Congrats!!! As a fellow reapplicant your excitement is tantalizingly palpable :) And at least we know some DD are getting looked at!

• Love
First A!!! Interviewed in October, DD in November

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations on the acceptances, y’all! Here is the discord for Class of ‘27: Join the UICOM 2027 Discord Server!

For those still waiting to hear back from interviews, just remember that roughly 600 out 700 interviewees were accepted last year! Don’t lose hope!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Hello, I am applying to UIC this upcoming cycle and am considering early decision. I was wondering if anyone in here can talk about their experience with that process.

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed 10/7, received delayed decision on 10/24, OOS

• Love
IS A after delayed decision! This was my top choice! Interviewed 1/5

• Love
Just got in off the waitlist!!! interviewed 9/21 and was waitlisted on 10/24, OOS

• Love
OOS Acceptance!! Today at 8:30 pm - Interviewed 2/2

• Love
Hi!! What is the MMI portion of the interview like? Are you given a few minutes to brainstorm/take notes on the scenario and then some time to speak? Or are you just given 5 minutes to discuss the question with no time for notes?

Hi!! What is the MMI portion of the interview like? Are you given a few minutes to brainstorm/take notes on the scenario and then some time to speak? Or are you just given 5 minutes to discuss the question with no time for notes?
Yes, 2 minutes to take notes/brainstorm and 5 min to respond