-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FlyingTiger2223
Full Member
When is the next phase of IIs? Last year thread shows it was almost like once in 2 weeks..
caramelsauce
Full Member
Aint no way y’all are asking if it’s too late to submit a secondary … it’s august bro
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
They send everyone a secondary. I got mine about a week after verification back in early July.hi yall i have 2 questions:
1. does john hopkins send everyone a secondary?
2. does everyone receive a secondary right after being verified?
themagictaco
Full Member
II just now complete July 11th. 3.85 523 mcat. Honestly thought gpa meant I was DOA lol.
random48294
Full Member
you're getting so many II love this week, congratulations!!II just now complete July 11th. 3.85 523 mcat. Honestly thought gpa meant I was DOA lol.
themagictaco
Full Member
Thanks so much!!!you're getting so many II love this week, congratulations!!
u always believed in medeserved love imo
Yo are you able to access the interview scheduler? I'm getting a permission errorII just now complete July 11th. 3.85 523 mcat. Honestly thought gpa meant I was DOA lol.
themagictaco
Full Member
It was not working for a little bit, then randomly worked, try manually entering your amcas ID and not copy pastingYo are you able to access the interview scheduler? I'm getting a permission error
Is it too late to apply ?
I submitted my secondary in October, got an II for the last week of interviews, and am now an M2 🙂
Good luck to everyone applying! Don't sweat the timeline.
OMegaChungus
Full Member
Has there been no recent II? If so, when did you submit the secondary?
During my interview, the director mentioned that the way they do it is assess all interviewees on a monthly basis and make decisions. May be a lull before the next monthly interviews/committee assessment?Has there been no recent II? If so, when did you submit the secondary?
II received on 09/28! LM 77, OOS. Reality don’t make sense no mo
D
deleted1139705
huh?You smell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctortaylor
Anesthesia resident @MGH
Hi everyone! Reaching out to say hello and offer any support that I can. Graduate of Hopkins SOM 2019. Always here to help.
Received an II in my dream last night
I didn't even apply here, but I'm hoping IIs go to those who are eagerly waiting 🙂
I didn't even apply here, but I'm hoping IIs go to those who are eagerly waiting 🙂
What part of your premed application made u stand out to adcoms at JHU?Hi everyone! Reaching out to say hello and offer any support that I can. Graduate of Hopkins SOM 2019. Always here to help.
If the due date for secondaries hasn't passed yet, you can still apply. I sent in my secondary like the day before it was due and got in anyway 🙂Do you guys think it’s too late to apply?
stay.hydrated
Full Member
Do you think it's worth submitting secondaries with a 125 in CARS (total 518)? I've been hesitant to drop another $100 after seeing that they did not accept any applicants with CARS <127 on MSAR. I got my first II for Harvard which gave me hope but I'm still unsure.
That's just the 10th %-tile, so 10% were < 127, I would guess they care about that the least vs the others.Do you think it's worth submitting secondaries with a 125 in CARS (total 518)? I've been hesitant to drop another $100 after seeing that they did not accept any applicants with CARS <127 on MSAR. I got my first II for Harvard which gave me hope but I'm still unsure.
D
deleted1139705
Mate if your first II was from Harvard in less than a week I’d go ahead and shoot your shotDo you think it's worth submitting secondaries with a 125 in CARS (total 518)? I've been hesitant to drop another $100 after seeing that they did not accept any applicants with CARS <127 on MSAR. I got my first II for Harvard which gave me hope but I'm still unsure.
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
FOR REALMate if your first II was from Harvard in less than a week I’d go ahead and shoot your shot
It’s just informational! It’s with students on the adcom, but it’s literally just a q and a
doctortaylor
Anesthesia resident @MGH
I was a non-traditional student (1 year post-bacc, 2 years clinical research) and I emphasized this background in my application and interview. I had bizarre hobbies and a personal statement that was fairly unique. At least that's my thinking!What part of your premed application made u stand out to adcoms at JHU?
There is a Q&A session with med students, but one of your interviewers will be an M4 just as a heads up 🙂Has anyone interviewed with JHU? What is the noon interview with the medical school students, is that like a panel interview or more of an information session?
Agreed 😀Mate if your first II was from Harvard in less than a week I’d go ahead and shoot your shot
dr.socrates
Full Member
II today!! URM, LM 82, complete 8/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dr.socrates
Full Member
anyone interviewed/goes here who knows what to expect for the interview? is it chill conversational or is it traditional grill interview questions? whats the vibeeee
Just got an II! Kind of surprised - I turned around their secondary after 4 weeks. It's been my first exception to the two-week rule so far. Complete Aug 9.
moonlight365
Full Member
I should have been complete for Hopkins in 9/13 but just got an email today saying my secondary app is complete and will be now sent to the committee for review….is this lag common?
I submitted my app with all of my rec letters in on Aug 1 and got my completion email today as well :/I should have been complete for Hopkins in 9/13 but just got an email today saying my secondary app is complete and will be now sent to the committee for review….is this lag common?
moonlight365
Full Member
I submitted my app with all of my rec letters in on Aug 1 and got my completion email today as well :/
Ooo dang well it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I was afraid they may have missed a notification from AMCAS that one of my letters originally assigned is no longer being sent. But maybe they have some kind of pre-committee review[emoji2368]
Haha yeah I had a little panic attack when I got that email thinking that I might have missed somethingOoo dang well it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I was afraid they may have missed a notification from AMCAS that one of my letters originally assigned is no longer being sent. But maybe they have some kind of pre-committee review[emoji2368]
Perhaps they do have a pre-committee review....I'm wondering if there was an incident like this in previous years
D
deleted1139705
+1 on y’all LM 74. Maybe they just finished interviewing the superstars and now are moving onto common plebs.
prospectivemd<3
Full Member
Completed 8/9 and no word, STATS should have all been fine but still nervous. Should I be worried about the no II yet? I was >2 wks for secondary return...
D
deleted1139705
I’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.+1
Completed in July, a little concerned but trying not to be neurotic.
prospectivemd<3
Full Member
I got Complete 8/9 and haven't heard back II yet. gpa 4.0 / MCAT 522. I may have been rejected already and just not told yet but I don't know if high stat applicants are given any priority for a decisionI’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.
I’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.
Not sure if that’s totally true regarding high stat applicants first as I’m LM 75, ORM, and got a II back in August. But yes I think you’ll get reviewed soon best of luck!
Not sure if that’s totally true regarding high stat applicants first as I’m LM 75, ORM, and got a II back in August. But yes I think you’ll get reviewed soon best of luck!
Also forgot to mention this earlier but I also received a complete email way after I submitted my secondary, I think they’re just slow to process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/25, also high stat and I got nothing so far. Hoping we're both still in the running 🙏I got Complete 8/9 and haven't heard back II yet. gpa 4.0 / MCAT 522. I may have been rejected already and just not told yet but I don't know if high stat applicants are given any priority for a decision
I agree with this theory, moved from the big pile to the II or not pile. Makes too much sense , but I’m overly optimistic. Fits the 1/4 example too from last year odds wise.I’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.
D
deleted1077590
for data point sake, same. Complete 06/26 and not a peep yet.Complete 7/25, also high stat and I got nothing so far. Hoping we're both still in the running 🙏
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
+1 sort of. My stats aren't that high but same situation. I was sent the email almost immediately after I submitted on 7/19 though. So I don't think I would have been included in that stellar stat early push through since I have solid stats but not sky high (517/3.78). Maybe I have been silently rejected but I don't really believe that is the case just yet. Maybe I am an optimist lol.I got Complete 8/9 and haven't heard back II yet. gpa 4.0 / MCAT 522. I may have been rejected already and just not told yet but I don't know if high stat applicants are given any priority for a decision
D
deleted1139705
For JHU high stats probably are 523+. According to MSAR only 10% of their class is below a 518.+1 sort of. My stats aren't that high but same situation. I was sent the email almost immediately after I submitted on 7/19 though. So I don't think I would have been included in that stellar stat early push through since I have solid stats but not sky high (517/3.78). Maybe I have been silently rejected but I don't really believe that is the case just yet. Maybe I am an optimist lol.